• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Banned
You should try to rest and try to take some medicine. if you want to have the response there and not retype it, save it to a word document to copy and paste.

Well, I just took a 5 hour nap and don't feel any better. What a waste of my time, I should have watched some ippo instead!

Zenfalcia

Well, I just took a 5 hour nap and don't feel any better. What a waste of my time, I should have watched some ippo instead!

That sucks. I hope you get well soon.
It has improved my quality of life.

I should pony up and get a Galaxy Tab like I want, instead clinging to my affordable Kindle.

It would make reading manga, and watching anime even easier from the comfort of your bed. I wish i had a tablet sometimes, but then I realize that I would probably be even less productive than now.

If I bought a tablet to draw with it would be nothing but stick figures and butts.
Android tho.
There's basically two or three classes of tablet you could shoot for, maybe three.

Low tier: Kindle Fire variant. You'll probably want to root this to get full functionality
Mid tier: Google tablet. Priced similarly to the Kindle but beefier.
Insane: ASUS Transformer. It's basically a detachable laptop. It is a monster.

These are just ones I liked that I've seen IRL.

ultimax

Alright, Ultimax is going to be at EVO which means that tomorrow's FNF will be Ultimax, right? RIGHT?
uKXD1I8.gif

Does anyone know anything about animation? Got a project due next month and the only thing I know is drawing in each frame. Any free programs out there for this sort of thing?

People are hearing the ghost stories dub for the first time? Oh boy!

Gamer Y

Does anyone know anything about animation? Got a project due next month and the only thing I know is drawing in each frame. Any free programs out there for this sort of thing?

Pencil is all I know that's free.

Skrams

All right, watched all parts. This is definitely the best dub I've ever heard

It's not the same thing exactly, but maybe you should watch Golden Boy. It's 2 and a half hours long since it's 6 episodes and it's a pretty great dub. Really glad crunchyroll added that and GTO to their catalog recently.

Hasn't Plague talked about this before in some video I can't remember? The ability to bullshit the inbetween frames or something.

Zenfalcia

You could watch some of plague's video on animating, if you want to be entertained by the dulcet tones of Eli the farmer man.

Oberon

Banned

You too? I have to a make flip book for tommorrow, and I have only the half of the frames, because I couldn't work on it this week.
I would suggest using the free trial of Adobe flash CS6 since you only need a month, and here's a 12 part tutorial how to use it properly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHtoFwHh38Q&list=PL0ZgqDK33VHT9N9RUIq98JyGav3ywpgrT

Ilvocare

Since no one mentioned it, Ghost Stories actually has two dubs, the good one and the accurate one. The second one happened because of people whining about the lack of accuracy in the original dub. Guess which one is actually worth your time?

EDIT: Also deciding between the three avatars I've ever used on the internet to use here. Is automatic resizing a thing or do I have to flail about doing it myself?

Alfebit

Banned
No I won't. I figured since I'll be leaving my house for the first time in months on Friday I should shave the beard I've been growing for the past 5 months. It was the most pitiful excuse for a beard I've ever seen and I accept that I'll never grow one.

Zenfalcia

Wresting news?

Edit: Also I had one of those Watamote moment, the door rang twice and each time it was a girl bringing my little my sick little brothers their homework.

It's all a work I tell ya!

Your brothers are also players, I see.
#Believe

Of course they are. How could they not talk about the EVO line up? Especially when this one has 2 Smash games, 2 anime games, MKX, and Tekken 7.

Should we do an avatar bet on it? Mine would be starting february tho.

Jman014

No I won't. I figured since I'll be leaving my house for the first time in months on Friday I should shave the beard I've been growing for the past 5 months. It was the most pitiful excuse for a beard I've ever seen and I accept that I'll never grow one.
Yoooo!
Wresting news?

Edit: Also I had one of those Watamote moment, the door rang twice and each time it was a girl bringing my little my sick little brothers their homework.

What a hero, this Triple H.

Zenfalcia

Since no one mentioned it, Ghost Stories actually has two dubs, the good one and the accurate one. The second one happened because of people whining about the lack of accuracy in the original dub. Guess which one is actually worth your time?

That's cool, i never knew that.

What's wrong with pitiful beards? If you grow them long enough, they'll become majestic beards.

I also grow mine out in seclusion. I get some decent sideburns that wrap around below my chin, but my mustache and below the mouth(I dunno what you call this) are always pitiful.

All I can grow is a neck beard so I have to shave like once every two days.

Pencil is all I know that's free.
Alright ill check it out when I get home, do you know if you can include other images like photos in to it?

Hasn't Plague talked about this before in some video I can't remember? The ability to bullshit the inbetween frames or something.

You could watch some of plague's video on animating, if you want to be entertained by the dulcet tones of Eli the farmer man.
Yea I watched his videos before but didnt take anything in, gonna watch them tonight.

You too? I have to a make flip book for tommorrow, and I have only the half of the frames, because I couldn't work on it this week.
I would suggest using the free trial of Adobe flash CS6 since you only need a month, and here's a 12 part tutorial how to use it properly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHtoFwHh38Q&list=PL0ZgqDK33VHT9N9RUIq98JyGav3ywpgrT
Does the Adobe programs all count for one? I did the one month trial for photoshop and it's expired already

Zenfalcia

I'll take up your offer. I need to stop making new avatars. Ultimax will appear this week.

Sure. How long is the avatar bet for?
I also grow mine out in seclusion. I get some decent sideburns that wrap around below my chin, but my mustache and below the mouth(I dunno what you call this) are always pitiful.

Chin?
Gluing pubes to the upper left and right of my lips and chin would have given the same result faster.

It probably would have.

Today is not my day for coding..keep making dumb small mistakes and then having to go back through and check everything everytime..the salt is real..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom