• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to be that guy

I actually played through and beat PXZ entirely.
Twice. The second time, I got fatigued at around Chapter 35 run 2 or so, which is lategame. This is most likely because I refused to use consumable items in my second run since I was convinced the game hadn't been balanced around them at all.

TL;DR: I enjoyed PXZ but I can acknowledge it has several flaws.
Main main deal is that the fights are just way too damn long.

My friend wants to set me up on a blind date.

Its been awhile since my last date
Man I wouldn't be able to do that. As much as I hate to admit I'm a bit shallow
Can someone give me a description of Jotaro's hat? How does it work?
Dude go ask Neil DeGrasse Tyson or Stephen Hawking about that shit we don't know.
The back just looks like hair or something, he takes it off when fighting N'Doul

Time to be that guy

I actually played through and beat PXZ entirely.
Twice. The second time, I got fatigued at around Chapter 35 run 2 or so, which is lategame. This is most likely because I refused to use consumable items in my second run since I was convinced the game hadn't been balanced around them at all.

TL;DR: I enjoyed PXZ but I can acknowledge it has several flaws.

I too also enjoy PXZ but only until like you said chapter 35 where the missions started to take over a hour each. The only thing keeping me going was learning the timing of every characters attacks to be able to get a critical with every hit.

Ilvocare

I too also enjoy PXZ but only until like you said chapter 35 where the missions started to take over a hour each. The only thing keeping me going was learning the timing of every characters attacks to be able to get a critical with every hit.

Yeah, that's the biggest motivator gameplay-wise. I can understand why people who are more experienced with fighting games would see the gameplay as shallow, though. I'll honestly say that I enjoyed the writing of the game. To be clear, this does NOT mean the plot (because there's hardly any) but rather interactions between characters of different franchises.
I'm actually super mad Kogoro and Mii are such nothing characters. Because the design and flair is THERE, they just lack any real substance. Normally OG characters in Banpresto games tend to get SOME noticeable development.

In regards to length of fights: yes, you're completely right. That's why there's only one save file in PXZ that matters. It is no exaggeration on my end to say that I rarely touched "Load Game" in PXZ upon re-booting up. "Continue" or bust. (Also since it doesn't delete the mid-battle save upon restarting why would you use anything else to space out sessions?)

Let's also not get into how licensing screwed over the original intro and themes of the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom