• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's the biggest motivator gameplay-wise. I can understand why people who are more experienced with fighting games would see the gameplay as shallow, though. I'll honestly say that I enjoyed the writing of the game. To be clear, this does NOT mean the plot (because there's hardly any) but rather interactions between characters of different franchises.
I'm actually super mad Kogoro and Mii are such nothing characters. Because the design and flair is THERE, they just lack any real substance. Normally OG characters in Banpresto games tend to get SOME noticeable development.

In regards to length of fights: yes, you're completely right. That's why there's only one save file in PXZ that matters. It is no exaggeration on my end to say that I rarely touched "Load Game" in PXZ upon re-booting up. "Continue" or bust. (Also since it doesn't delete the mid-battle save upon restarting why would you use anything else to space out sessions?)

Let's also not get into how licensing screwed over the original intro and themes of the game...

I think it's a OCD thing, I always complete a mission/chapter before saving and turning off, It doesn't sit well with me if I leave in the middle of something like that. Forgot they changed the intro when it was brought over, it doesn't matter to me, it's no NXC that's for sure

Is skull girls or Vanguard Princess at EVO? If not, I'll just watch the Smash 4 part and call it a day.
Unfortunately, no Skullgirls. Side Tourney again.

I'm watch Melee and Tekken 7 full of hype. Everything else, I'll catch when I can.

Cept KI and MKX. That's naptime.

Guys, I'm legit freaked out now. Like actual spooked.
First off, I work as tech support most of the time. I do some other shit as swell, but today I'm on the phones.

I had a call there. Maybe 3 or 4 minutes long. It was normal at first, asked for a name and I got it. Then when I asked for contact info, the customer went quite. She said "Give me a moment, the problem's here." The was the last I heard from the customer. Silence for a while. There was murmurs in the background. Last thing I heard was crying and someone saying "The problems still here."

Line dropped

3spooby5me

Oberon

Banned
I just want to see some Big Band hype at EVO, you know with cosplayers and trumpets.
I might watch some melee, but I start to get bored of it. I hope the Smash 4 players don't all use the same characters.

First off, I work as tech support most of the time. I do some other shit as swell, but today I'm on the phones.

I had a call there. Maybe 3 or 4 minutes long. It was normal at first, asked for a name and I got it. Then when I asked for contact info, the customer went quite. She said "Give me a moment, the problem's here." The was the last I heard from the customer. Silence for a while. There was murmurs in the background. Last thing I heard was crying and someone saying "The problems still here."

Line dropped

3spooby5me
Problem's referring to something, probably a kid.

2spooby

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's sad that KOF won't be there.

I'll try to catch the top 8 of everything, but I'll really only be following Ultra, Marvel, Xrd, and maybe Smash.

Line dropped

3spooby5me

Better watch out for a sexy black haired woman crawling through your computer monitor and trying to snoo snoo you to death.

I dont care about your tier list bullshit, Little Mac is the best D:<

8t1rzi1.gif

Ilvocare

Oh shit, that's right.

I too play the Smashs. Hence I updated the spread with as much info as was applicable. The need-to-quote one.

god I hate my PSN so much, if only I wasn't like in middle school when it was made so my dad would actually trust me with names

croten

Line dropped

3spooby5me

Is it just me or does that sound like domestic abuse? Yeesh

Better watch out for a sexy black haired woman crawling through your computer monitor and trying to snoo snoo you to death.

......sigh

If only.

Is it just me or does that sound like domestic abuse? Yeesh

That's what it sounded like. The crying was from someone younger. The customer sounded like she was in her 40s anyway.

I have no info to go of though. Ran the name through systems, got back dick all. It's hard to send it along to someone when we got nothing to work with.

Little Mac is probably one of the easier characters to start and KO with at a casual level, but I think he's supposed to be pretty mediocre to bad overall. Just too many bad matchups.

His insanely terrible recovery, which got nerfed, by the way, plus if he has no way to approach, which he has none against anyone in the top 5, led to his downfall.

His terrible airgame cemented his coffin. He's terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom