• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's really good at killing newbies, but once people realize that his recovery is atrocious, he basically becomes easy to gimp and beat. He doesn't need to follow people into the air due to his high speed and armored usmash. Problem is that you have a serious issue if people can kill you at less than 40%.

Mario is his bane.

Mario's Side air A.

Zenfalcia

I should get around to S4 one day soon. I loved S3 to death.

oh right, its only 40 dollars so i might get it, but Ultimax, Xrd and SG already fill out my list of anime fighters to git gud at.

Ok... I wish i could get it. ;_;
You know, I could post a somehow similar gif, but that would get me banned and thrown into prison.

maybe a Prison school?
Black matches the inside though

But i like silver...
The one with the, uhh, homeless cats?

Where is this going.

We're just turning into Jeff Goldblum.

Yeah, there's also a few bums living there.

Zenfalcia

It's strange that the world has evolved to the point that this is a valid complaint.

Makes you think about stuff.

I try too avoid that neighborhood.

I might get robbed.

It makes you think about all those chinese people making those contacts.

It's fine, they usually just take some of your bodily fluids
and your dignity.

um.. where am i going with this...

The one with the, uhh, homeless cats?

Where is this going.

We're just turning into Jeff Goldblum.

Maybe..

Btw is anyone having problems with the new DSfix? My computer has never had an issue running Dark Souls, it usually runs around 40-50 FPS, and after I got this new one it runs like complete garbage, I just lost a bunch of progress because a message came up saying my framerate was unsuitable for online play and it booted me back to the title screen.

Hey look, Mac uses Side B--> side B or maybe fair--> Dead Mac.
Hey look, Mac is going to try recovering from below --> jump down, bair --> Dead Mac.
Some guys at nintendo.

"Ok so macs ground game is really strong, his air game sucks though and almost has no recovery options, what should we do with the new patch?"
"Make his recovery....even worse."

Zenfalcia

Maybe..

Btw is anyone having problems with the new DSfix? My computer has never had an issue running Dark Souls, it usually runs around 40-50 FPS, and after I got this new one it runs like complete garbage, I just lost a bunch of progress because a message came up saying my framerate was unsuitable for online play and it booted me back to the title screen.

Really? That's weird. I wonder if other people have the same problem...
I have played games that are like that.

Who hasn't?

Oberon

Banned
Now I remember why I hate playing fighting games online, except smash. Because getting comboed from full health to death isn't my definition of fun. I know I am a scrub, but it seems like you have to be there day one or else you have no chance of fighting someone the same level as you.

Zenfalcia

Now I remember why I hate playing fighting games online, except smash. Because getting comboed from full health to death isn't my definition of fun. I know I am a scrub, but it seems like you have to be there day one or else you have no chance of fighting someone the same level as you.

Fight some of the people here, they're more or less about the same level you are.

Skrams

The continuing adventures of Treasure-san and Sega-senpai then.

Sega-senpai was most well known for two things. The first was that he was a perfect student. A plusses and 100 percents across the board. He was head of student council, and under his hand, class attendance had risen to an all-time high, and running unsigned code at school had been driven out completely. The second thing he was known for was an unquenchable thirst for accesories and silly toys that he claimed would be the new face of the game industry. His uncle Sanshiro had always been a bad influence on him that way, but from the Activator to the 32X, Sega-senpai was always blind to the fact that everybody though they were a little silly. “This, Treasure-san, is the Justifier!” He exclaimed, yelling out it’s name and thrusting it skyward, “With this, no criminals will ever escape my reach!” He spun around a few times and waggled his arms around, like an unimpressive bargain bin tokusatsu hero. “Konami-sama and I made it over the weekend, with this, I’ll finally have the edge over Nintendo-senpai!” Treasure-san briefly thought about mentioning the Zapper, but felt like that might be a bit too much to handle for Sega-senpai, who was always straddling the edge of confidence. He continued pointing it around the room in a way that he must have thought looked cool, but was just incredibly awkward to watch. “So, errr, would I ask you a favour, Sega-senpai?” Treasure-san said. “Sure, do you need?” he replied without ever stopping his wild gesticulations. “Do you think you could get Nintendo-senpai to talk to someo-” Sega-senpai dropped the Justifier, and slowly faced Treasure-san, an air of seriousness coming over the room. “I don’t ever want to talk to him again, and I doubt you can convince me that there’s any reason good enough to.” Treasure-san swallowed nervously, before it came to her. “Hey, you know that game we’re working on, Alien Soldier?” Treasure inquired. “Yes, what of it?” Sega-senpai was clearly trying to dodge the issue. “Well, what if the next time we got together to work on it, I brought out the Seven Force again? Would that change your mind?” Treasure-san asked, raising an eyebrow. Sega-senpai’s face went red. She knew how amazing the Seven Force had been last time they had made a game, there was no way he’d turn this down. Without giving him a chance to breathe, she grabbed at his tie and pulled his face forward, whispering into his ear “FOR MEGADRIVERS CUSTOM! VISUALSHOCK! SPEEDSHOCK! SOUNDSHOCK! NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!”.

You're doing good Liam. Real good.

Zenfalcia

What if I don't.
post-28553-Steve-Jobs-mind-blown-gif-HD-T-pVbd.gif

The continuing adventures of Treasure-san and Sega-senpai then.

Sega-senpai was most well known for two things. The first was that he was a perfect student. A plusses and 100 percents across the board. He was head of student council, and under his hand, class attendance had risen to an all-time high, and running unsigned code at school had been driven out completely. The second thing he was known for was an unquenchable thirst for accesories and silly toys that he claimed would be the new face of the game industry. His uncle Sanshiro had always been a bad influence on him that way, but from the Activator to the 32X, Sega-senpai was always blind to the fact that everybody though they were a little silly. “This, Treasure-san, is the Justifier!” He exclaimed, yelling out it’s name and thrusting it skyward, “With this, no criminals will ever escape my reach!” He spun around a few times and waggled his arms around, like an unimpressive bargain bin tokusatsu hero. “Konami-sama and I made it over the weekend, with this, I’ll finally have the edge over Nintendo-senpai!” Treasure-san briefly thought about mentioning the Zapper, but felt like that might be a bit too much to handle for Sega-senpai, who was always straddling the edge of confidence. He continued pointing it around the room in a way that he must have thought looked cool, but was just incredibly awkward to watch. “So, errr, would I ask you a favour, Sega-senpai?” Treasure-san said. “Sure, do you need?” he replied without ever stopping his wild gesticulations. “Do you think you could get Nintendo-senpai to talk to someo-” Sega-senpai dropped the Justifier, and slowly faced Treasure-san, an air of seriousness coming over the room. “I don’t ever want to talk to him again, and I doubt you can convince me that there’s any reason good enough to.” Treasure-san swallowed nervously, before it came to her. “Hey, you know that game we’re working on, Alien Soldier?” Treasure inquired. “Yes, what of it?” Sega-senpai was clearly trying to dodge the issue. “Well, what if the next time we got together to work on it, I brought out the Seven Force again? Would that change your mind?” Treasure-san asked, raising an eyebrow. Sega-senpai’s face went red. She knew how amazing the Seven Force had been last time they had made a game, there was no way he’d turn this down. Without giving him a chance to breathe, she grabbed at his tie and pulled his face forward, whispering into his ear “FOR MEGADRIVERS CUSTOM! VISUALSHOCK! SPEEDSHOCK! SOUNDSHOCK! NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!”.

You're doing good Liam. Real good.

I have the most justifiable boner right now

Emouse

Same thing happens to me, it's a good learning experience but it doesn't feel like you're making any progress to being better

Probably because those people practice before they even go online whether in training or agains AI to get a feel for the other characters moves.

Understanding/being able to block is the single most important fundamental in a fighting game for a reason. If you're good at blocking, you can beat someone better than you, no matter what level play you're at. Of course, if they're really good at blocking too then it makes it harder lol

Oberon

Banned
Probably because those people practice before they even go online whether in training or agains AI to get a feel for the other characters moves.

Understanding/being able to block is the single most important fundamental in a fighting game for a reason. If you're good at blocking, you can beat someone better than you, no matter what level play you're at. Of course, if they're really good at blocking too then it makes it harder lol

But they use the assists, I can't block low and high attacks at the same time.

Edit: X blades? Aaron you bastard!
2Edit : were there frogs in your room when you recorded this?

But they use the assists, I can't block low and high attacks at the same time.

Oh. It's an assist fighting game. Hm. Yeah sorry I could care less about those kind of fighting games, except for SG.

And even then. I might use an assist rarely in that game, otherwise I always go one.

I've been catching up on some anime, and man, Fist of the North Star is fucking radical. I thought it's age would bring it down, but I was super wrong. And You Wa Shock is one of the best opening songs I have ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom