• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emouse

Is there any reasons one should buy a New 3DS or the XL or 3DS?

The Nintendo thread keeps peer pressuring me to buy one.

At launch? probably not unless you want to play monster hunter without the circle pad pro I guess?

I'd say wit for more games or ones that use the full features of it or whatever
not that those reasons will stop me from getting one on launch

Is there any reasons one should buy a New 3DS or the XL or 3DS?

The Nintendo thread keeps peer pressuring me to buy one.

Second analog stick, especially for monster hunter and Majora's Mask.

Xenoblade and the new eventual n3DS games that will only work on it.

I heard it feels better to hold than the 3DS or 3DS XL and it also looks nicer.

croten

Okay, I think it's fair to compare something in the same genre if they have enough similarities and what not. This isn't the difference between an action RPG and Turned based RPG or a Strategy RPG.

Despite being very two different games, you can still compare them to one another from looks, how the game functions and battle mechanics. It would be like saying GoW is a perfectly fine game and shouldn't be compared to DMC series.

Okay but why not compare PQ to EO instead? That makes far more sense.
Yeah, but Tearaway, the Vita's best game, isn't compatible with it.

PS4.

360pages

Okay but why not compare PQ to EO instead? That makes far more sense.

PS4.

Mostly because PQ and EO series are...well apart of the same series. PQ has some differences among other things. (I still don't think PQ is as good as EO3/4, but that is talking strictly gameplay and not mechanics.)

PQ is pretty much EO light, which isn't a bad thing since EO is very hard to get into and you have to be willing to put in a lot of work just to see the ending of the game. Comparing the 2 would be redundant.

OHHHHH SHIT PRISON SCHOOL.
I figured out the wet t-shirt contest was the thing on the calendar on the page just before the reveal. SHIT'S GETTING HYPE YO

- Fire Emblem Awakening (really good)
- Kirby Triple Deluxe (is pretty good)
- Pokemon games (You know what you're in for by now)
- A Link Between worlds (Incredibly flawed, but still fun)
- Luigi's Mansion 2 (not too big a fan of this one, but you might like it)
- Persona Q (See above)
- Kid Icarus Uprising (Incredibly uncomfortable to play, but it's a really good game)
- Harrvest Moon A new beginning (for your farming needs. No FoMT tho). There's a new one on the way if I remember correctly.
- SMTIV (really good)
- PW: AA - Dual Destinies (Shitty cutscenes, awesome game)
- VLR (Worse than the Vita version, but there's only one (or two?) rooms where you should not save).
- MH3: Ultimate (I hate handhelds)
- Older SMT games like Soul Hackers
- Attack of the Friday Monsters (surprisingly goofy fun)
- Crimson Shroud (relatively interesting)
- Pushmo and Crashmo (awesome puzzle games)
- Tons and tons of older games sold for an incredibly high price
- Majora's Mask 3DS
- OoT 3DS
- There's a starfox game, I think. I don't really care.
- Animal Crossing
- Reveliations
- Compatible with DS games if you never owned one.

That is a lot of stuff I have some interests in, but no time.

Thanks for the nice words guys. I appreciate it, really. Honestly I might be able to get it repaired within the week but if it's unsalvagable I'll probably be gone for a couple months. See you Space Cowboy.
Ah too bad, at least we won't have to keep such a close eye on our cats
I actually love the vita, and hate the 3ds
I absolutely agree with you and I have stated this here many times. the 3DS is uncomfortable as all hell

Ah. I only know Hyrule Warriors.

Also, is Danganronpa 2 good?
And is it bad I thought Danganronpa 1's story was not very good?

Danganronpa 1 is a very mediocre game. I've made it to the last chapter and have recently tried many times to get back into it, but its just so boring.

I'd call it a bad game, but that's more of a bias. I hear 2 is better but who cares.

croten

Mostly because PQ and EO series are...well apart of the same series. PQ has some differences among other things. (I still don't think PQ is as good as EO3/4, but that is talking strictly gameplay and not mechanics.)

PQ is pretty much EO light, which isn't a bad thing since EO is very hard to get into and you have to be willing to put in a lot of work just to see the ending of the game. Comparing the 2 would be redundant.

You seem to want to compare EO (or in this case PQ) to SMT4 at every chance you get, it really comes across as if you just want an excuse to shit on SMT4, which I think is a fantastic game so far.

Damn I stay away from GAF for like 3 days and the new OT is already on page 38. Nice work.

Happy day. I was cleaning and got my PS2 to work. Now I can go back and play Xenosaga again and maybe finish the trilogy. I need to buy 3 though.
Kj1aBd9.jpg

Tis a glorious sight.

Damn I stay away from GAF for like 3 days and the new OT is already on page 38. Nice work.

Happy day. I was cleaning and got my PS2 to work. Now I can go back and play Xenosaga again and maybe finish the trilogy. I need to buy 3 though.

Tis a glorious sight.

Those two games title screens make me sick just looking at them.

You really need to buy 3.

sjay1994

I'd watch it
, maybe
I love that Mickey is Dio

Still waiting for actual gameplay.

Its being made by platinum.... so you know the combat is going to be good.

Hell even the korra game had great combat, everything else about it was mediocre though.

Also... if Mickey is DIO.

Does that mean Mickeys head is on a ducks body?

sjay1994

Tis a glorious sight.

Scrub question.

Is Xenoblade a spirital succesor to xenosaga?

croten

Scrub question.

Is Xenoblade a spirital succesor to xenosaga?

Sort of, the Xeno series has never been a part of the same universe, except the Xenosaga games obviously, in fact Xenoblade was originally not a Xeno game at all and the title was changed during development.

360pages

You seem to want to compare EO (or in this case PQ) to SMT4 at every chance you get, it really comes across as if you just want an excuse to shit on SMT4, which I think is a fantastic game so far.

Nah, the game is fine. SMTIV is an Okay game, but I wouldn't push it past okay/ good. I didn't hate it at all, despite me raging on it a lot. It's more the fact that people are okay with the flaws despite a lot of those flaws preventing the series from having a more broad appeal and as a result a lower budget.

Jman014

Its being made by platinum.... so you know the combat is going to be good.

Hell even the korra game had great combat, everything else about it was mediocre though.

I wish I had more fun with Korra, but I didn't. I liked the use of the music from the show, though and the voice actors. The story was ok and at least added to the canon. I wish Korra used a sword like Raiden. The aesthetic was still nice even though it wasn't as great as the art from the show.

sjay1994

Yes. They're all apart of the same universe.

And Xenosaga 3 has many references to Xenogears, some just completely blatant.

Huh.

My friend is kinda an asshole when it comes to obtaining media. He pirated almost every game he has played.

He tells me xenoblade is the one game he felt bad about pirating.

Those two games title screens make me sick just looking at them.

You really need to buy 3.

I actually enjoyed 1. Never got to far into 2 before the system shat out on me. Yeah I definitely need to get 3. I also need to play Xenoblade. Considering holding out for the N3DS version since I prefer RPGs on handhelds. It will probably look like shit though.

croten

Nah, the game is fine. SMTIV is an Okay game, but I wouldn't push it past okay/ good. I didn't hate it at all, despite me raging on it a lot. It's more the fact that people are okay with the flaws despite a lot of those flaws preventing the series from having a more broad appeal and as a result a lower budget.

The only flaw I see so far is the overworld, which while bad isn't hampering my enjoyment of it at all. The SMT combat system is one of my favorite RPG battle systems now.

Huh.

My friend is kinda an asshole when it comes to obtaining media. He pirated almost every game he has played.

He tells me xenoblade is the one game he felt bad about pirating.

With how rare Xenosaga is, it doesn't really matter if he pirates it or not at this point. Not that I endorse it, its just not as big a deal since you can only find the games used.

Pirating everything else sucks though. Just buy the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom