• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zelda: Don't care past the 16-bit era.
Souls: Eh it's fine. I like the games obviously, but I don't get super into it.
Sonic: Ehhhhh. Again, it's fine I guess. But I don't actively play Sonic games. Generations is the only modern one I've put any significant amount of time into.
Hm. I can't think of better examples of games that get a ton of praise here, but I feel like it's at least similar to the Best Friends' taste

I see where you're coming from. They're super different versus the 2D games, and really linear.

Let's be frank here.

If Zelda was more like Dark Souls, it'd be a very poor selling game.

Linearity is what keeps people buying them. They don't want to be too frustrated, they want to enjoy the journey.

I think Twilight Princess and Wind Waker are tied for my favorite Zelda, with Link's Awakening right behind them and then OoT and MM on the same level below that. I also love all the other ones, but those are my top 5

Twilight has my favorite art style by far. Characters all look fantastic.

The most controversial opinion I can think of is that
I was really glad that Kamina died because I think he holds back Simon

Might wanna say those are Gurren spoilers, but I agree.

It's not that. It's more that 3D zelda games are more puzzle focused where as 2D Zelda games are more action focused.
Yeah, puzzles in 2D Zelda are more sprinkled around.
You still got time... Sorta?
It's fiiiiine. 300 words by 9AM. It's basically nothing.
The most controversial opinion I can think of is that
I was really glad that Kamina died because I think he holds back Simon
Might wanna tag what the spoiler is for.

That's the point though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I don't like Bullet hell games. Especially when moe girl designs are thrown into then.

But no, really Dok, what's up with this? It's not an unpopular opinion in this thread by any means, and it kinda just felt like a reactionary shot at me I guess. Not trying to start anything here, but I did feel kinda bad reading this. =/

semisonic

Banned
While Midna and Telma are both top tier Zelda girls, I just prefer the simple, go to Dungeon in overworld, beat dungeon get item formular and there were more dungeons in Twilight. I also liked walking and swinging sword as well as the items.

Majora's is my favorite by far.

And yeah, I explained in the comments, it's a weird thing with the game and our recording software, it just didn't want to cooperate no matter how much I messed with the settings. It was just a one-off and we needed to fill this week for a thing, so we just threw it up. I do feel bad about how awful it looks, though.
Oh okay. Hadn't visited since this morning (for obvious reasons), and don't always read youtube comments(also for obvious reasons) so I didn't know. Also midna is the best female character in Zelda, besides I guess sheik if she counts. I don't think I need to point out who the best male is.

It's groose, tho.

It was groose
All
Along

Let's be frank here.
If Zelda was more like Dark Souls, it'd be a very poor selling game.
Linearity is what keeps people buying them. They don't want to be too frustrated, they want to enjoy the journey.
Link to the Past is about as linear as Dark Souls. There's generally always a place you should do, but there's little sequence breaks here and there.

Demon's souls is kinda like the Mega Man stage select taken to an extreme.

I don't like him nor his catchphrases, where a lot of people have fun it. He made the first couple of episodes really annoying for me

That's where you get controversial. Though I do like him, what Simon does and who he has to become is way fucking cooler, but that's also intentional.

When Kamina comes back in the alternate universe though, oh my god, emotions

sjay1994

giphy.gif

Daisy is best dog.

Alfebit

Banned
Playing through Shadow of the Colossus and I've defeated 2 Colossi and now my biggest challenge is getting up on the platform for the 3rd Colossi. I've literally missed the jump 3 times. Let me save you all the trouble:

Everyone.gif said:
GitGud.gif

Playing through Shadow of the Colossus and I've defeated 2 Colossi and now my biggest challenge is getting up on the platform for the 3rd Colossi. I've literally missed the jump 3 times. Let me save you all the trouble:
It can be frustrating. I've struggled with a few of the colossi longer than I care to admit.
It's like going from Golden to Persona 1

No silly, that'd be going to SMT 1 and 2. NES hardware baby.

I could've sworn you can get crystals out of order in the Dark World with the flute or something, but I realize that not nearly as open or intentional as I said it. That's my bad.

It's a really fun way to play the games though. It reverses the difficulty of the bosses in some ways, like hitting Phantom Ganon with an ice arrow for funsies

git gu-

Damn, I'm too slow. Well I've only played SotC for like 20 minutes. I might get back into one day but from what I've seen its not my kind of game.

But no, really Dok, what's up with this? It's not an unpopular opinion in this thread by any means, and it kinda just felt like a reactionary shot at me I guess. Not trying to start anything here, but I did feel kinda bad reading this. =/

It irked me that you felt to let everyone know you didn't like or were indifferent to everyone else's tastes/opinions.

Didn't want to make you feel bad & it was Not my intention, but that's not the way to enter a conversation on controversial opinions is all.

Just the only things I really know you like are KR and Bullet Hell games and I don't know enough about KR to have an informed opinion either way.

The only shmup I have enjoyed was UN squadron and I suck at that game.

WE'LL SACRIFICE THE SON OF HEAVEN
MAN'S GREATEST GLIMPSE OF FIRE RED
It's a really fun way to play the games though. It reverses the difficulty of the bosses in some ways, like hitting Phantom Ganon with an ice arrow for funsies
I dicked around for hours in LttP, it's fun breaking that game. I should go back to it someday and deliberately do things out of order.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It irked me that you felt to let everyone know you didn't like or were indifferent to everyone else's tastes/opinions.

Didn't want to make you feel bad & it was Not my intention, but that's not the way to enter a conversation on controversial opinions is all.

Just the only things I really know you like are KR and Bullet Hell games and I don't know enough about KR to have an informed opinion either way.

The only one I have enjoyed was UN squadron and I suck at that game.

I was mainly making a joke regarding my oft-discussed nearly complete difference from everyone else in here. I dunno, maybe you weren't around for those discussions, they were pretty late at night (by US time, I mean EDIT: Wait I didn't need to add that, you're from the US too, duh). It's a thing I've brought up a couple times as to why I don't post in here much anymore. And as I said back then, it's fine. I don't fit in super well in here, and that's completely understandable. I don't harbor any ill will towards anyone else's tastes or opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom