• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe we really are looking to deep into it, kind of like how so many of us finish a game long after we stopped having fun with it just for the sake of completing it. Bonus points if you finished the main game, but because of achievements or extras you keep playing even if you don't find the game all that fun.
Erhm,
there's actually a good number of articles about how NMH is a parody of buying and playing videogames.
I mean I like nmh2, but adding the story line that it had was.....unnecessary?
I feel like that makes it even more of a way to make fun of sequels, shitty extensions to a story that nobody wanted. Sounds like a forced game sequel.

That doesn't mean it's good though.

What weirds me out is they made the room free roam, but made the world map a menu.
Its a direct opposite. It's just weird.

360pages

I mean I like nmh2, but adding the story line that it had was.....unnecessary?

To be fair, as far as NMH2 goes, it seemed like its meta humor was a bit more on the nose. To the point where the game was less meta and just more batshit insane. It pretty much knew that it dragged all the characters back from the first game kicking and screaming, but it did it anyway for a sequel. Which a lot of series actually do.

360pages

Erhm,
there's actually a good number of articles about how NMH is a parody of buying and playing videogames.
I feel like that makes it even more of a way to make fun of sequels, shitty extensions to a story that nobody wanted. Sounds like a forced game sequel.

That doesn't mean it's good though.

What weirds me out is they made the room free roam, but made the world map a menu.
Its a direct opposite. It's just weird.

I kind of still think that NMH2 have the better boss fights outside of the last one against that shit head.

DP my bad...

ultimax

edit- quoted the wrong post and too lazy to fix

I just would of liked it a bit more without the whole theme of "revenge" thing, if that makes sense? It was a bit corny, but everything else was fine

360pages

I just would of liked it a bit more without the whole theme of "revenge" thing, if that makes sense? It was a bit corny, but everything else was fine

To be fair, as far as I can tell, Travis didn't have a reason to do anything he did in NMH1, and if he did it was probably shoe horned in at the last minute to parody that need of reason. So it is only natural that Part 2 raised the stakes just to point our how sequels needlessly to that sometimes

Part 2 probably just wanted to follow the theme of raising the stakes. They probably didn't just what him to say. (LOL sure why not) even if that was apart of the meta narrative of part 1.

Whats happening....

oh wait, just realized you were talking about the new 3ds. Nope.

exMQ950.gif

I thought about voting for "Just Because an Anime Girl has a penis dosen't mean she is a man" but thought it seemed like people think we are making fun of the trans community

sjay1994

You hate me because your anus.

New 3ds is probably a work.

"Oh you Americans wanted the normal new 3ds, not just the xl? Well we will release it 5 months after febuary 13th after you bought a new 3ds xl, and you will buy the regular new 3ds again, you consumer whore"

I refuse to hurt again jack.

I am sorry.

You hate me because your anus.

New 3ds is probably a work.

"Oh you Americans wanted the normal new 3ds, not just the xl? Well we will release it 5 months after febuary 13th after you bought a new 3ds xl, and you will buy the regular new 3ds again, you consumer whore"

I refuse to hurt again jack.

I am sorry.

I actually was looking to upgrade to an XL so this works for me.

Wanna fight about it?

Are you getting a super special edition one or just a red/black one?

Also, I'm new. Hi all.

Hi new guy welcome aboard.

One quick question: Life or Hometown?

semisonic

Banned
Are you getting a super special edition one or just a red/black one?

Also, I'm new. Hi all.

Welcome to the thread, friender!
If you're just joining us, and I don't know why you would,
I don't have a punchline to this joke!
Also damn we got some good titles this time.
Would have been Oberon's, but I was afraid the mods might actually notice us then. And once that happens, it's all game over

Ilvocare

I AM SO FUCKING SORRY ABOUT HOW LATE THIS IS, IT'S SUPER MY FAULT BEING BUSY

GOMENASAI, NOW QUOTE AND VOTE

Voted like ol' Murrica woulda done.

Hi new guy welcome aboard.

One quick question: Life or Hometown?

I fucking love how I avoided this completely. I don't care if I bring attention to it, it's too late for everyone now.

EDIT: In other news, I should not be awake at this time. Sleep is now. I swear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom