• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Banned
Morning!

Did I miss relationshipGaf?
Most of you probably already know what "relationship status" I have right now, so I won't repeat it.
There're barely any clubs at my high school, so I joined the choire. Which is like 80 % girls.
There's even a trip planned, and the teacher explicitly said that mixed bedrooms are ok
(not that it changes anything).
Even if there was anime club, I dont think I would join it.

semisonic

Banned
Morning!

Did I miss relationshipGaf?
Most of you probably already know what "relationship status" I have right now, so I won't repeat it.
There're barely any clubs at my high school, so I joined the choire. Which is like 80 % girls.
There's even a trip planned, and the teacher explicitly said that mixed bedrooms are ok
(not that it changes anything).
Even if there was anime club, I dont think I would join it.

When you say 'relationship gaf,' it was more
"we're all single for various reasons, and Mathaou is in a super weird unhealthy situation with a girl who keeps leading him on. Let's give him some advice gaf."

Alfebit

Banned
Alright, who wants to squash? I finally picked up smash!

...for 3DS...
I can't play right now as I have an appointment in 6 hours and I need to sleep but for the 1 of you who still plays it 1v1 me scrub.

Zenfalcia

Super late, but ehhhh... JooseBawcks probably won't even see this. Also, good morning.

So after getting slightly down after running out of Prison School crack and finishing the roller coaster that is Molester Man, I've started a manga my friend recommended called Koe no Katachi. These fucking feel fests are going to be the death of me.

Koe no Katachi is da bes. What do you think of it so far? You're really going deep into feel fest mangas. Want some more? :D

Xiraiya

I never understood the Marie hate. She's no more bland than Yukiko is.

I don't think Marie is bland, I just think she's intrusive it's kind of weird that we get this new character in the cast and suddenly the game revolves around her.
They should have just done what they did with P3P and made her the female protagonist instead, she would have fit better that way.

Oberon

Banned
Actual footage of the Pokken nico nico stream

uYIyUUq.png

Skrams

Yep. I'd say Lana is slightly worse tho.

Is it the design? I've yet to play more than 6 something hours of Hyrule Warriors, so I don't know if her character actions get more annoying. I didn't find her that annoying for the little I played. I don't know how a design could be worse than a character that people seem to hate for her design and dialogue. Unless people just hate that Lana is a bubbly, cutesy, anime looking girl with kind of annoying sound clips while she musous.

I never understood the Marie hate. She's no more bland than Yukiko is.

I've yet to play Golden, but from an outside view I figured it was because she was tsundere and animeee as fuck. I didn't also care for her from the 6 episodes of the P4G anime I watched either, but no idea if that's just because the anime is a poor representation.

So after getting slightly down after running out of Prison School crack and finishing the roller coaster that is Molester Man, I've started a manga my friend recommended called Koe no Katachi. These fucking feel fests are going to be the death of me.

You're like me from a few months ago, but minus Koe no Katachi since I don't know what that is. If you somehow passed by Onani Master Kurosawa when this thread was talking about it then go read that.

Unrelated, but I'm 4 hours into FF7 for some reason. I got Aeris and feel like playing more. I shouldn't do this to myself again. There's too many other video games to delve into a 50+ hour RPG right now. I could play and complete Tearaway in a few days. Except here I am, wanting to get all the materia and be a cool guy again.

man all these 4th and 5th skill trees seem useless
especially Seven,Shulk,Dunban,and Melia
who are the party members i use the most
Sharlas a healbot when i need one
also im gonna kill whoevers idea it was to make fucking skillbooks a rare drop from unique monsters -_-
sure i can save scum gold chests,but still

Those skill trees are very useful, but usually when in conjunction with skill links. Dunban greatly benefits, for instance, from Melia's "No Gem" skill when building a "Naked Dunban" high Agility tank. And Seven gets a lot of use out of Dunban's skills which increase counter and critical rates, as well as any skills that gives bonuses with auras and Seven's fifth tree gives a lot of bonuses when paired with a specific party member. The thing is that half of your most used characters work best as a tank, so you really only need to use one of them.

not that i know of?

Morning. It depends when goodwil wakes up and is not busy.

I woke up and had a minor panic attack thinking that I missed it. I got woke up to my dog parking and bizarre animal noises..

So Dark Souls saved my progress before it booted me out of my game. 20 minutes wasn't wasted <3

Zenfalcia

I woke up and had a minor panic attack thinking that I missed it. I got woke up to my dog parking and bizarre animal noises..

So Dark Souls saved my progress before it booted me out of my game. 20 minutes wasn't wasted <3

Missed expoding kittens?

Lucky you. You didn't even check until now? Were you that salty?

I lost all of my PC save data when that region free patch came out. Wouldn't have been a big deal if I wasn't in the middle of a Let's Play.

I had to play up to one of the last bosses again just to finish the game off.

Xiraiya

I lost all of my PC save data when that region free patch came out. Wouldn't have been a big deal if I wasn't in the middle of a Let's Play.
What? Region Free patch in Dark Souls?
I usually back up my Dark Souls save files.

Of course, Dark Souls autosaves at every chance it has no matter what you're doing, when I wanted to manually save the game, I'd open up the menu and scroll through stuff and close it, generally triggered autosave.

Durante released it, if you had the previous Dsfix installed it had a chance of messing up your game, not knowing this I messed with some shit and accidentally lost my saves. But yeah, you just have to get the most recent Dsfix and put that shit in there.

I've never had any issues like this with any game before, so it's never in my mind.

Xiraiya

Durante released it, if you had the previous Dsfix installed it had a chance of messing up your game, not knowing this I messed with some shit and accidentally lost my saves. But yeah, you just have to get the most recent Dsfix and put that shit in there.
I've never had any issues like this with any game before, so it's never in my mind.

Dark Souls had the habit of occasionally not recognizing a save file if it was too far back in time or whatever (Which was easily fixed), but the file it's self was never deleted or anything, it's just in a folder.

Dark Souls had the habit of occasionally not recognizing a save file if it was too far back in time or whatever (Which was easily fixed), but the file it's self was never deleted or anything, it's just in a folder.

We spent hours trying to get it all going again, shit's completely gone for some reason. I'd believe I was just doing it wrong since I'm awful with computers, but my friend knows what he's doing and it's just not there.

Xiraiya

We spent hours trying to get it all going again, shit's completely gone for some reason. I'd believe I was just doing it wrong since I'm awful with computers, but my friend knows what he's doing and it's just not there.

Bizarre, to find Dark Souls 1 Save files, it's just in documents > NBGI > Username (Xiraiya in my case) and the file with all of your characters is just called DRAKS0005.sl2
I can't think of a reason why something would delete it unless someone moved it out of the folder, if Dark Souls stops recognizing it for whatever reason, it's usually still there, and will be overwritten in a new game in that case then probably.

DSfix has a save backup feature too.

Missed expoding kittens?

Lucky you. You didn't even check until now? Were you that salty?
I was pretty fucking salty yesterday lol

Oh geez man. I was just standing there where you find the fire keeper soul in parish.

Of course, Dark Souls autosaves at every chance it has no matter what you're doing, when I wanted to manually save the game, I'd open up the menu and scroll through stuff and close it, generally triggered autosave.
I new it auto saved but I didn't know it did it when it booted you for unsuitable frame rate..idk what that was yesterday because today it's running fine.

Bizarre, to find Dark Souls 1 Save files, it's just in documents > NBGI > Username (Xiraiya in my case) and the file with all of your characters is just called DRAKS0005.sl2
I can't think of a reason why something would delete it unless someone moved it out of the folder, if Dark Souls stops recognizing it for whatever reason, it's usually still there, and will be overwritten in a new game in that case then probably.

Not there. No idea why. We must have just messed something up and it got deleted in some way.

Dryk

It's definitely the last sentence as well (because it's really fucking terrible and somehow still out of place), but it's just a combination of that, the poor design, the role she plays in the story and her being an overall uninteresting character.
She's just shit in every possible way and I particularly hate her anime cutesy behavior.
Pros:
Hype movesets
Gets all the cool costumes

Cons:
Yells in screechy voice constantly
Cutesy anime design that doesn't really fit in Zelda
Author-insert role in storyline
Bland character outside of author-insert role in storyline

She's Mary Sue Classic

Pros:
Hype movesets
Gets all the cool costumes

Cons:
Yells in screechy voice constantly
Cutesy anime design that doesn't really fit in Zelda
Author-insert role in storyline
Bland character outside of author-insert role in storyline

She's Mary Sue Classic

Who is this? I've never played Hyrule Warriors.

Xiraiya

I new it auto saved but I didn't know it did it when it booted you for unsuitable frame rate..idk what that was yesterday because today it's running fine.

Yeah it'll autosave for everything, the only thing it wouldn't do that for is a CTD or something severe like that, I've had my PC Bluescreen because of the DS3 controller drivers and still didn't lose more than like a minute of playing or something.
I use to use that framerate error to trick the game into disconnecting me from the online but still let the game save and play like normal, since Dark Souls would refuse to save your game if you played in regular offline.

Has anyone talked about Exploding Kittens?

Mechanics
The only thing I saw of it was how it made something stupid like 2 over million dollars in a day. I'm not interested in it but it seems many people are.

I AM SO FUCKING SORRY ABOUT HOW LATE THIS IS, IT'S SUPER MY FAULT BEING BUSY

GOMENASAI, NOW QUOTE AND VOTE
Voted
Who is this? I've never played Hyrule Warriors.
Lana, they made her up for the game. I don't mind her but I didn't like her book move set
Oh alright well that's good to know. Did anyone else have the issue with the new DSfix?
My game crashes when I load in with 60fps enabled

Yeah it'll autosave for everything, the only thing it wouldn't do that for is a CTD or something severe like that, I've had my PC Bluescreen because of the DS3 controller drivers and still didn't lose more than like a minute of playing or something.
I use to use that framerate error to trick the game into disconnecting me from the online but still let the game save and play like normal, since Dark Souls would refuse to save your game if you played in regular offline.

Oh alright well that's good to know. Did anyone else have the issue with the new DSfix?

Xiraiya

No idea, I didn't know there was a new DSfix except for the initial steam changeover, if you're that worried just track down the file I talked about before and save a copy somewhere just to be safe.

Lana, they made her up for the game. I don't mind her but I didn't like her book move set

This is the first image I saw when I googled it.
Now I want to play this game way more to find out why people don't like her, because I'm in love with this design and the personality presented in this image.

Also, 60fps works great for me.

Dryk

I don't mind her because of her movesets, but I can't fault people for noticing the fan-fic juice oozing out of her pores and getting turned off. It's pretty jarring.

This is the first image I saw when I googled it.

Now I want to play this game way more to find out why people don't like her, because I'm in love with this design and the personality presented in this image.

Also, 60fps works great for me.
She has a moveset where she hums the Zelda theme for her combo finishers. It's pretty cute until you realise that you have to listen to it 1000 times :p

The only thing I saw of it was how it made something stupid like 2 over million dollars in a day. I'm not interested in it but it seems many people are.

Voted

Oh geez, I thought I had it bad. ._.
No idea, I didn't know there was a new DSfix except for the initial steam changeover, if you're that worried just track down the file I talked about before and save a copy somewhere just to be safe.
I already did, just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom