• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh liquor like that isn't for me, I was given some peach schnapps one time and just downed the whole glass thinking I was gonna get that rush..that rush never came and I questioned if it was alcoholic or not.

How are we losing frienders?
Classes and life stuff. Alfebit's laptop bit the dust and might be gone for months if worse comes to worst
Are we now?

They record it today and sometimes post it today, so it's close enough.
True enough, I thought you might've meant that

After spending so much time playing Daytona in the Arcade Cabinet complete with steering wheel, gas/brake pedals..I don't think I could play it any other way.
It's definitely evident playing with a gamepad it was made for a steering wheel, because you really have to cut left or right super hard to get around sharp turns. Still playable, though.

Even if the experience isn't the same at home, I like having home versions of arcade games to practice in before playing the actual thing. It's why I've got HOTD 2 & 3 Return on its way right now.

Jman014

DID SOMEONE SAY COMP!

EENEENEE MENEENEE MINE MINENEENEE MO.

kgcVCEG.gif

It's definitely evident playing with a gamepad it was made for a steering wheel, because you really have to cut left or right super hard to get around sharp turns. Still playable, though.

Even if the experience isn't the same at home, I like having home versions of arcade games to practice in before playing the actual thing. It's why I've got HOTD 2 & 3 Return on its way right now.

I never got to play HOTD games when I was actually adequate at video games. I only got to play them when I was reallly young.

mike0dude

That sounds about right, I would of been 9 at the time. I wish arcades were still a thing here =/

Arcades are Illegal in Quebec... because the gouverment is dumb and considers them like luck based games therefore they think its Gambling and made new machines illegal to import and make here.

Edit: all the machines you will see in montreal are rented by people who already had them before the law was put into place.

That sounds about right, I would of been 9 at the time. I wish arcades were still a thing here =/
They're few and far between. Thank god for Seattle Gameworks.

Also, going through this HD version of Daytona, the Karaoke mode kinda highlight how lacking some of the songs are as actual songs. There's only so many times you can just sing "DAYTONA! LET'S GO AWAY" repeatedly. This is why 2's music is so much better. Feels more fleshed out, while keeping that same spirit of an english song that was made by someone who doesn't have english as their first language.

But hey, challenge mode is pretty cool with providing specific missions to accomplish, and it kinda helps with teaching you how to play the game well.

I remember seeing a HotD 4 machine. It looked terrible.

Or was it a Time Crisis 4 machine. You could turn the camera or something like that.
You must be confusing it with something else, HOTD 4 doesn't have that. Also like just about every other Sega light gun game, it's better than anything Namco could make in that genre.

Jman014

Arcades are Illegal in Quebec... because the gouverment is dumb and considers them like luck based games therefore they think its Gambling and made new machines illegal to import and make here.

Edit: all the machines you will see in montreal are rented by people who already had them before the law was put into place.

FUCK

Arcades are the shit. I still wish there was one around where I live.

<.< So Street Fighter is luck based huh? Who knew. Daigo is one lucky guy.

They're few and far between. Thank god for Seattle Gameworks.

Also, going through this HD version of Daytona, the Karaoke mode kinda highlight how lacking some of the songs are as actual songs. There's only so many times you can just sing "DAYTONA! LET'S GO AWAY" repeatedly. This is why 2's music is so much better. Feels more fleshed out, while keeping that same spirit of an english song that was made by someone who doesn't have english as their first language.

But hey, challenge mode is pretty cool with providing specific missions to accomplish, and it kinda helps with teaching you how to play the game well.
Well that's cool..I'm extremely tired for so particular reason..just waiting for the Best Friends Vid to come out, then I'm going to bed..I have to be up at 6:30 tomorrow x.x

You Canadians would love Dave and Buster's.

It's the US equivalent of an adult Chuck E. Cheese.

joe2187

Banned
Playing through RE:Remake on Hard is.....Hard.

why does Chris only get 6 Backpack slots! and the ink ribbons are brutal. I get to a typewriter I expect to see some ink ribbons NOPE you only get one until you get to the next half of the game...

I think I've made it halfway through the game, getting to the residence is halfway right?

Hey frienders, i've been gone for a while, and that's because I haven't had internet for a while and, in fact, I still don't. I am currently posting this from a corner of my apartment that has a trace signal of someone else's wifi. Due to this predicament, I have found out that without internet, I can't play any of my digital ps4 games or dlc for my retail games, specifically Xrd. I found out the dlc thing after a friend was kind enough to let me bring my ps4 to their house so I could download Leo and Elphelt. They worked fine there, but as soon as I got home, it wouldn't work. I haven't had internet since November, or tv and a home phone for that matter, but hopefully I will have them back on by the end of January. At least gaf and the Best Friend website aren't blocked on my school's internet.

Alright, because Comp is the best song ever and because it doesn't have any lyrics
and because I'm crazy
, I decided to dissect the lyrics. This all I got so far (some of it's probably wrong). Will probably work on the rest later. Either that or give up because some the lyrics are unintelligible.

[Verse 1]
Niggas, should, know, me
C-O-M-P
Plain and simple bitch, get your brain and temple hit (Yeah!)
You and who you came with
I ain't 'bout playing with, never again
Even though I got a nine I will put eleven in him
No lifeguard will save you, hope you can swim
Pinned downstair, oh(?) downstairs with him
Eeneenee Meneenee Mine Mineneenee Mo
Eeneenee Meneenee, Ay oh I don't know (something something)
I know you hate too, yeah, the truth
Ask them, I will be first to shoot

[Chorus]
What's the (something)
Bang-a-rang is the game
Who the hell are we
C-O-M-P

[Chorus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom