• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman014

Hey frienders, i've been gone for a while, and that's because I haven't had internet for a while and, in fact, I still don't. I am currently posting this from a corner of my apartment that has a trace signal of someone else's wifi. Due to this predicament, I have found out that without internet, I can't play any of my digital ps4 games or dlc for my retail games, specifically Xrd. I found out the dlc thing after a friend was kind enough to let me bring my ps4 to their house so I could download Leo and Elphelt. They worked fine there, but as soon as I got home, it wouldn't work. I haven't had internet since November, or tv and a home phone for that matter, but hopefully I will have them back on by the end of January. At least gaf and the Best Friend website aren't blocked on my school's internet.

Hi!

Hey frienders, i've been gone for a while, and that's because I haven't had internet for a while and, in fact, I still don't. I am currently posting this from a corner of my apartment that has a trace signal of someone else's wifi. Due to this predicament, I have found out that without internet, I can't play any of my digital ps4 games or dlc for my retail games, specifically Xrd. I found out the dlc thing after a friend was kind enough to let me bring my ps4 to their house so I could download Leo and Elphelt. They worked fine there, but as soon as I got home, it wouldn't work. I haven't had internet since November, or tv and a home phone for that matter, but hopefully I will have them back on by the end of January. At least gaf and the Best Friend website aren't blocked on my school's internet.

That's brutal man, I hope everything works out for you and hope to have you back soon.

Jman014

Alright, because Comp is the best song ever and because it doesn't have any lyrics
and because I'm crazy
, I decided to dissect the lyrics. This all I got so far (some of it's probably wrong). Will probably work on the rest later. Either that or give up because some the lyrics are unintelligible.

[Verse 1]
Niggas, should, know, me
C-O-M-P
Plain and simple bitch, get your brain and temple hit (Yeah!)
You and who you came with
I ain't 'bout playing with, never again
Even though I got a nine I will put eleven in him
No lifeguard will save you, hope you can swim
Pinned downstair, oh(?) downstairs with him
Eeneenee Meneenee Mine Mineneenee Mo
Eeneenee Meneenee, Ay oh I don't know (something something)
I know you hate too, yeah, the truth
Ask them, I will be first to shoot

[Chorus]
What's the (something)
Bang-a-rang is the game
Who the hell are we
C-O-M-P

[Chorus]

Should have a rap battle with The Ascension from WWE

Jeez, that sucks, man. Hopefully things turn out better for you soon.

Zenfalcia

Did you mean to put that as the youtube link? Oh, you fixed it.

Welcome back. That sounds rough.

mike0dude

your avatar pissed me off , i fixed it
5c9EJPJ.png

Did you mean to put that as the youtube link? Oh, you fixed it.

Welcome back. That sounds rough.
Thanks, and it's really frustrating why things are the way they are. As a currently jobseeking high school junior, there isn't much I could have done. But my parents, specifically my mother, actually had the money to pay the bill, but didn't to spite my father, who has been out of work for a few months, and now the price has been raised to something we couldn't afford, and now my mother has been laid off from her job until the spring, so our only hope is their tax returns, so hopefully that works out. By the way, I apologize if this seems kind of weird and out of nowhere, I have just been frustrated with this situation and I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Alright, because Comp is the best song ever and because it doesn't have any lyrics
and because I'm crazy
, I decided to dissect the lyrics. This all I got so far (some of it's probably wrong). Will probably work on the rest later. Either that or give up because some the lyrics are unintelligible.

[Verse 1]
You, should, know, me
C-O-M-P
Plain and simple bitch, get your brain and temple hit (Yeah!)
You and who you came with
I ain't 'bout playing with, never again
Even though I got a nine I will put eleven in him
No lifeguard will save you, hope you can swim
Pinned downstair, oh(?) downstairs with him
Eeneenee Meneenee Mine Mineneenee Mo
Eeneenee Meneenee, Ay oh I don't know nothin!
I know you hate too, yeah, the truth
Ask them, I will be first to shoot

[Chorus]
What's the (something)
Bang-a-rang is the game
Who the hell I be
C-O-M-P

[Chorus]
I fixed(?) some of it and bolded the changes. Here's my attempt at verse 2:

Ok (Ok)
Let's ride (Let's ride)
Go (something) that you like (you like)
Like Hey little mama, why you tryin' some browskis
Clasha clang, rollin up with some (seemingly censored)
Homby, homby really focused on these bitches
AIN!
With my eyes on them
Gotta watch dudes, yeah you gotta wash dudes
They will pay a big 2, to do shoot
EEEENIEEE MEENIE MINE MINEY MO AND 'N
EEEENIEEE MEENIE EY OH I DON'T KNOW NOTHING

Hey frienders, i've been gone for a while, and that's because I haven't had internet for a while -snip-.
That sounds rough as hell. Best of luck, and at least you got the school internet.

360pages

There was a hole here...now it's gone?

I did not expect something like that to be reused in SH4 with a much bigger plot focus. I love when later games use small portions of side stuff from earlier games and expand upon it.

Beloved

Thanks, and it's really frustrating why things are the way they are. As a currently jobseeking high school junior, there isn't much I could have done. But my parents, specifically my mother, actually had the money to pay the bill, but didn't to spite my father, who has been out of work for a few months, and now the price has been raised to something we couldn't afford, and now my mother has been laid off from her job until the spring, so our only hope is their tax returns, so hopefully that works out. By the way, I apologize if this seems kind of weird and out of nowhere, I have just been frustrated with this situation and I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Geez that's not great, sorry to hear you and your family has been having a tough time. Hope things get better soon ^^

It's fine, if it helps you feel better about your situation then no worries man. Things will get better, don't give up.

Sounds like a rough situation. Good luck finding work

Zenfalcia

It's fine. Hopefully everything works out.

Silent Hill combat being clunky on purpose is the fucking best. I love how the gameplay is bending to the plausibility of the universe.
The voice actors were cool to wave their rights to royalties to allow the original track to go through for 2.

It's more like Konami are fucking assholes.
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was approached by Konami to direct the re-dub. The reason for the re-dub was due to Guy Cihi requesting residuals for the multiple ports and re-releases of Silent Hill 2 as he claimed that he owned the rights to James's voice and motion capture. [2] McGlynn, Troy Baker and Thessaly Lerner refuted this, stating that Guy did not own James's voice and motion capture and that his performance was always owned by Konami; this was the reason Konami never paid Guy for residuals. [3][4] No written contract between Guy and Konami was available.

In a letter to Konami, Guy stated that it was not about the money but rather "the thoughtless way that those involved in the production have been treated" such as not notifying him of any re-releases and hiding his contributions in "The Making of Silent Hill 2" video. Guy also called for Konami to allow the original voices and give fans the option to choose between the original dub and the re-dub. [5] Guy's close connection with fans of the series played a strong part in his decisions regarding these issues. Monica Taylor Horgan supported giving fans an option as well. [6]

In late September, Guy Cihi (James Sunderland), David Schaufele (Eddie Dombrowski), Monica Taylor Horgan (Maria/Mary) and Donna Burke (Angela Orosco, Claudia Wolf) signed a waiver, allowing Konami to re-use their voices in the HD Collection.

I fixed(?) some of it and bolded the changes. Here's my attempt at verse 2:

Ok (Ok)
Let's ride (Let's ride)
Go (something) that you like (you like)
Like Hey little mama, why you dress so funky
Clasha clang, rollin up with some (seemingly censored)
Homie, homie really focused on these bitches
I AINT!
With my eyes on them
Gotta watch dudes, yeah you gotta watch dudes
They will pay a chick to, (something)
EEEENIEEE MEENIE MINE MINEY MO AND 'N
EEEENIEEE MEENIE EY OH I DON'T KNOW NOTHING

I'm pretty sure it's "Niggas" not "You". That's what it sounds like to me. Also, here's my version of verse 2. Not sure if it's right or not. Man, this shit is hard.

good job pg

it was not boobs, or straight shota that scared everyone off, it was COMP

Nah, it's fiiiiiiiine. Comp is love. Comp is life.

360pages

Silent Hill combat being clunky on purpose is the fucking best. I love how the gameplay is bending to the plausibility of the universe.

It's more like Konami are fucking assholes.

That sucks that they had to go so far for just a small amount of credit. I legit would be pissed.

Pat pls you have to stop holding R2 to do the stomp, or you could do a heavy attack. Edit: He found the heavy attack.
I'm pretty sure it's "Niggas" not "You". That's what it sounds like to me. Also, here's my version of verse 2. Not sure if it's right or not. Man, this shit is hard
You may've notice some of mine were dumb, yours are good. I still hear "you", but whatevs.
That sucks that they had to go so far for just a small amount of credit. I legit would be pissed.
Years and years of getting no credit.

360pages

Though I guess there are two types of horror games now, ones that have no combat and one that are more action based.

Honestly, I don't mind the removal of combat, Amnesia was scary as hell and tense, but you couldn't fight back. I guess you could give the players the option but make it bad...

Though I guess there are two types of horror games now, ones that have no combat and one that are more action based.

Honestly, I don't mind the removal of combat, Amnesia was scary as hell and tense, but you couldn't fight back. I guess you could give the players the option but make it bad...

Do what alien did and make the enemy invincible

I love games where fighting is an option, but not one you can rely on. Classic RE and SH are amazing. Shattered Memories has a pure running section where you avoid enemies and that game is so much worse off for it. Amnesia at least has permanent health instead of regenerating health, so you have the tension of staying healthy.
You may be right. I can hear the you, but I hear a g in there too. It's weird.
It's weird.

Xiraiya

Watching SH Part 2.

Yeah Matt, the time on the clock showing 3:33 in the dream at the opening of Eternal Darkness and then the clock puzzle in the lobby right after that having 3:33 as it's answer is totally the entire game using that same time over and over until the very end and.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom