• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
shhh....
i haven't played it either

For some reason I feel the need to play bastion first and I don't know why
Bastion is alright. Bastion uses the narrator thing way better and shares the camera angle, so.. I gues that's basically a sequel.
I don't have a 360, so I'm waiting for the game to come to vita
It's on the Mac app store, I made a friend who only has a Macbook play it. All you'd need is a mouse.

Couldn't get into Bastion, didn't like the combat. I did think the music and art was fantastic though, Transistor definitely keeps that

Bastion is probably worth finishing for the story, but I agree. Didn't like the combat. I don't think isometric views are great for action games.
Looking at you 101.

Dp, Fuck me, etc

New thread hype!!!
on-time like the best friends

Picked up Tales of Xillia 2 during the January PSN sale. About 4 hours in and it's been pretty alright so far. Dungeons are as terrible as ever and Ludger is a soundboard.

When does Gaius join?
He joins in chapter 8 or 9, depending on what mission you choose.

ultimax

Bastion is alright. Bastion uses the narrator thing way better and shares the camera angle, so.. I gues that's basically a sequel.

It's on the Mac app store, I made a friend who only has a Macbook play it. All you'd need is a mouse.
Hmmmmmmm
Mac version hype.
now all I have to do is buy a mouse ;~;
Can't you play it on a computer or do you not anything that can run it?
Well I just found out there's a Mac version, so there's that

Couldn't get into Bastion, didn't like the combat. I did think the music and art was fantastic though, Transistor definitely keeps that

Yeah me too, loved the story, art and music, but actually playing it was meh. I got pretty far I think but I couldn't convince myself to finish the game.

I appreciate it for what it is but it is not for me.

I agree with you, but maaan, you gotta look up the ending or something.

I see that I still have it installed, maybe I'll still finish it when I have the spare time.

You know scrolling through these podcasts made me wonder, which SBFP podcast titles are the best?

"That Deer just did an Aegis Reflector" made me lose it without even knowing the context.

Why do you hate it? Personally, I loved it. It was easily my favorite Tales of game.

This is about Xillia 2

It features a silent protagonist with little no actually roleplaying.

Lazy world building (Hope you remember Xillia, because we're only going to explain what's happened since then!)

Debt mechanic (15 million gald! Annoying debt collector calling you every other time you pick up money! Repeating the same 5 lines of dialogue ad nauseum!)

Job system (To get money to pay off your debt by killing X amout of enemy Y!)

Endless recycling from Xillia (hey, it's that one boss again for no adequate reason! And the same areas/dungeons! And I hope you liked the party members from the first game, because that's all you're getting!)

Fast, unexplained plot (Weird shit keeps happening at a breakneck pace, and nobody seems to care!)

Token Loli (Extra annoying tsundere edition!)

360pages

This is about Xillia 2

Also it features a silent protagonist with little no actually roleplaying.

Lazy world building (Hope you remember Xillia, because we're only going to explain what's happened since then!)

Debt mechanic (15 million gald! Annoying debt collector calling you every other time you pick up money! Repeating the same 5 lines of dialogue ad nauseum!)

Endless recycling from Xillia (hey, it's that one boss again for no adequate reason! And the same areas/dungeons! And I hope you liked the party members from the first game, because that's all you're getting!)

Fast, unexplained plot (Weird shit keeps happening at a breakneck pace, and nobody seems to care!)

So it's ToS2

Zenfalcia

I see that I still have it installed, maybe I'll still finish it when I have the spare time.

You know scrolling through these podcasts made me wonder, which SBFP podcast titles are the best?

"That Deer just did an Aegis Reflector" made me lose it without even knowing the context.

We already had this discussion, but meh, nothing wrong to have it again

Smegmaman title is one of my favourite.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
This is about Xillia 2

Also it features a silent protagonist with little no actually roleplaying.

Haven't even played the game and I'm annoyed.

Who's Snoop? Looks like Crow to me.

iJo6uCpM2o6eC.gif

mrmyhthef

TIME TO HOP ONTO THE MOTHER FUCKING HYPE TRAIN!!

Gonna need that L~A thread and countdown because I'm shit at timezones.

This is about Xillia 2

It features a silent protagonist with little no actually roleplaying.

Gaius is playable tho...

Don't get me wrong he was a crazy asshole in part 1 but at least he has cool moves.

360pages

TOS2 is no means a good game. There are worse tales games like Xillia 2 and Graces F

Really? Despite the laughably bad story in both of the games above, they still had fun gameplay and a varied cast. ToS2 ruined the old characters and didn't even have a new cast to make up for it.

Though this is coming from Someone who Played Tales of Phantasia Nariakis dungeon PSP where all the summon Spirits were playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom