• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell yeah it fucking is. Played it through 3 times without touching any other game when I first got it

There are so many numbers and words being thrown at us! We just want to be Dio!

J'onsee-nuh Shaymis-dono will be the greatest vampire this side of wherever this game takes place.

GGs guys....
I'm starting to wonder if I should have mained Zato instead, those matches were super hype~! Zato's a dork but Eddy is awesome, little sharkdog shadow dude.

ALSO ROSE BETTER BE IN STREET FIGHTER V

Alex better be in it, and I hope he translates to the 5/4 art style with his coolness intact.

Koromaru should have been a entirely seperate character... Laming it out with Koro is dirty.

I don't like playing against Koro's too much myself, but it's kinda fun on the other end, I gotta say lol. But he's far from my favorite type of puppet character.

Getting Back into Disgaea after a Long break...woof.

I might be able to beat Pringer X at the 75h mark. But there are so many variables in leveling, between equipment, base stats among other things. If I have to say do something first, it would be level up a weapon for each weapon type to 100 at least. That way when you training up characters it will only take about 20 Min to reach max level with he right set up.

I normally find myself bulks of staticians and get myself to a high enough level to farm for more

1 minute guys, i have to buy PS plus so i can go online -___-

also is that a random in the lobby?
Wait why? Is there a ps plus exclusive character.

Also I dunno why but whenever I go to bed at night I always wake up every hour but if I go to sleep in the day I sleep for hours straight

Zenfalcia

I'm not bothered by this. This doesn't bother me. I'm okay. I'm perfectly calm. There is nothing upsetting happening

Basically this.
this-is-fine-meme.jpg

PS4 games need plus to play online.

How did you not know this? lol
Cause, im still stuck in the previous console generation and havent even considered buying a ps4 yet since the only things I want on it are Bloodborne, and TPP. Persona 5 comes out on ps3 and thatll probably just be a graphical difference.

ultimax

Cause, im still stuck in the previous console generation and havent even considered buying a ps4 yet since the only things I want on it are Bloodborne, and TPP. Persona 5 comes out on ps3 and thatll probably just be a graphical difference.

It's common knowledge tho lol, a lot of people were bitching when that was announced. But yeah, no real reason to get one yet

Zenfalcia

For awhile I've been having this worry that this game might just be shit, and every piece of news I see only makes me believe that more.

It's fine! What could possibly go wrong!?!? I mean sure we had that one woman, who did the thing, but that doesn't hurt the game's development!

Nordicus

We just want to be Dio!
Choice of vampire clan is gonna be tough. On one hand, the Ventrue are aristocratic dominating leader-type and good at controlling minds, while high level charismatic pretty vampire Toreador have ZA WARUDO when Celerity is maxed out.

Celerity power initially slows down the world around you, almost stopping it when maxed. At one point you'll start seeing the bullets that fly in the air and can dodge them

Ehh I'll wait til Mighty #9 is a terrible game to play before I turn on it.

The more I read up on Inafume and mighty no 9, the more I feel disgusted for those that gave money to this guy.

Read this shit:

In a February 2014 interview with Polygon, Inafune expressed his interest in developing a larger meta-franchise for Mighty No. 9 beyond the release of the game, including a possible live action movie. Other adaptions included a "comic book, manga, anime, movie, TV drama series" among others. In discussion with Polygon, he stated that "it's not actually a 100 percent set deal yet," and that "it is something we are looking forward to and considering the possibilities of". In regards to a production company for the movie, he mentioned collaboration with Contradiction Studios as a possibility.[26] Tim Carter, a Contradictions film writer and producer, revealed that his company was working on the film adaptation and that he had been in talks with Inafune.[27]

There's ambition and then there's being sidetracked. Fuck your meta-franchise deal. Finish the damn game and ship a good product.

Choice of vampire clan is gonna be tough. On one hand, the Ventrue are aristocratic dominating leader-type and good at controlling minds, while high level charismatic pretty vampire Toreador have ZA WARUDO when Celerity is maxed out.

Celerity power initially slows down the world around you, almost stopping it when maxed. At one point you'll start seeing the bullets that fly in the air and can dodge them

We had to stop playing, the game is too much for us. I might go back on my own, but the mere fact of having to play on mouse and keyboard pretty much ensures I have absolutely no hope of getting anywhere.

Xiraiya

Mine off the top of my head in no particular order.

-Dark Souls
-Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
-Final Fantasy VIII
-Metal Gear Solid 3
-Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
-Mass Effect
-Eternal Darkness
-Call Of Duty 4
-Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
-Soul Calibur II

The more I read up on Inafume and mighty no 9, the more I feel disgusted for those that gave money to this guy.

Read this shit:

There's ambition and then there's being sidetracked. Fuck your meta-franchise deal. Finish the damn game and ship a good product.
If he could start a contract deal why didnt he just get someone to fund the game so we wouldnt have to pay for it...god damn kamiyas right he is a businessman.

Read this shit:

Well that's one less person that I like. Thanks for making mega man though I guess

Xiraiya

Looks like my top 5 didn't post for some reason.

1. Resident Evil.
2. Persona 4.
3. Majora's Mask.
4. FF4.
5. MGS3.
I've been playing the HD version of MGS3 on PS3 lately, it looks and feels wonderful to play because not only is it really crisp, antialiasing is on everything, especially hair, and it just looks so nice, and it runs at 60 frames.

UNFORTUNATELY, the one fucking face camo they forgot to redo, is the Splinter Camo, BB's face texture switches to the original for just that camo, it's not THAT noticeable, but when you do notice it, you never stop seeing it.

I've been playing the HD version of MGS3 on PS3 lately, it looks and feels wonderful to play because not only is it really crisp, antialiasing is on everything, especially hair, and it just looks so nice, and it runs at 60 frames.

I've never played anything but the PS2 version on my shitty old CRT. Still one of the best games ever.

I unironically love that game.

I did too... Then I played it again.

Nordicus

We had to stop playing, the game is too much for us. I might go back on my own, but the mere fact of having to play on mouse and keyboard pretty much ensures I have absolutely no hope of getting anywhere.
Too bad then, how's it "too much" for you though?

Anyway, I'll leave ya 2 tips if nothing else: 1) Intimidate skill is garbage, 2) Melee is more powerful at the beginning of the game, ranged is better at the later parts when decent guns become available

who?

i cant allow this, choose one
No fuck you its too hard!
I've never played anything but the PS2 version on my shitty old CRT. Still one of the best games ever.

I did too... Then I played it again.
Ive played it multiple times in the past few years, most recent being 2013, I still fucking love that fucking game.
Seriously, am I mad for thinking that branding and live action movie rights come second to the game?
No it should come last, first making the game, second making that game released, third making sure people know about the game, and last fucking wheaty box ads.

Too bad then, how's it "too much" for you though?

Anyway, I'll leave ya 2 tips if nothing else: 1) Intimidate skill is garbage, 2) Melee is more powerful at the beginning of the game, ranged is better at the later parts when decent guns become available

There's just so much information thrown at you at the beginning and the controls are so wonky, then everything just kinda happens. It's a little much to just jump into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom