• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Frozen would totally get into Kingdom Hearts. They fucking loooooove Frozen in Japan.

Imperfect Top 10

• Valkyrie Profile
  • Persona 4
  • Morrowind
  • Deus Ex 1
  • DOTA/Dota 2
  • Suikoden 2
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Touhou 8 Imperishable Night
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Bayonetta 1

Frozen would totally get into Kingdom Hearts. They fucking loooooove Frozen in Japan.
[/LIST]
fun fact dio and hanz share the same VA
1a5.png

Zenfalcia

Its not great, the heel turn at the end of the movie is shoe horned into and is never really hinted at ever.
Elsa is the only good thing about that movie.

Also everyone loves the let it go song...
It's not that bad of a movie, but i seriously dont understand why its as popular as it is

Nah, i just don't care for it.
Yeah I haven't watched it either. I don't go to the movies anymore.

Animes > movies.

demidar

I saw it, thought it was good, then I saw Lego Movie and How to train your dragon 2, then I realized frozen was mediocre at best

The Lego Movie was mindblowing because of how they actually built all those settings with Lego to film on.

How To Train Your Dragon 2 was alright, I dunno.

grimmiq

I saw it, thought it was good, then I saw Lego Movie and How to train your dragon 2, then I realized frozen was mediocre at best

I never got around to seeing it..were there any major plot points in How to train your dragon 2 that wasn't spoiled in the trailers?

I never got around to seeing it..were there any major plot points in How to train your dragon 2 that wasn't spoiled in the trailers?
hiccups dad dies and toothless was the one who was mind controlled to shoot him. Also he gets a sick viking funeral
Didnt see the trailers so I dunno if that was spoiled

Zenfalcia

A lot of Nico love going on here, i'm ok with this.

What's not to love about the Nico Nico nii?
I've still yet to see it to this day.

I don't even want to... Do you ever plan to?
i dont really care for disney movies either. only ones i liked were toy story and alice in wonderland

Some of them are entertaining if you're really bored or have no other choice. The older ones are nice since there's some nostalgia.

grimmiq

hiccups dad dies and toothless was the one who was mind controlled to shoot him. Also he gets a sick viking funeral
Didnt see the trailers so I dunno if that was spoiled

So basically the main story was completely spoiled except for a single twist that was likely foreshadowed early on in the movie?
Hiccup finds his mum who's rescuing dragons, bad dude enslaves dragons and wants to catch 'em all, climax I'm assuming is the 2 giant dragons fighting?

Zenfalcia

So basically the main story was completely spoiled except for a single twist that was likely foreshadowed early on in the movie?
Hiccup finds his mum who's rescuing dragons, bad dude enslaves dragons and wants to catch 'em all, climax I'm assuming is the 2 giant dragons fighting?

Last fight was dumb.. i watched snippets of it on a plane while playing vidyas.
toothless sits on a rock and blasts a giant dragon for a few minutes, sure i'm missing out the rest of the dumb stuff, but whatever..

nah climax is toothless kicking the shit out of the evil dragon cause the evil dragon murdered the good giant dragon like 3/4 ths into the movie.

grimmiq

Since I finished Trails in the Sky and bought FFXIII/2 during the Holiday sales..I just started replaying XIII..If they killed off Vanille in the train wreck, passed her plot significance to Fang, filled her spot in the party with Lebreau, toned down Snow's Hero bullshit and removed the 2 younger members of NORA..those first 2 hours would be a pretty good start to a decent FF game.

Zenfalcia

So, i started reading beelzebub. It's fun stuff. It reminds me kinda like gintama, that's because of the art of some characters are similar.

Also, on the podcast, it seems pat knows some k-pop... I wonder how much he knows.

Emouse

Since I finished Trails in the Sky and bought FFXIII/2 during the Holiday sales..I just started replaying XIII..If they killed off Vanille in the train wreck, passed her plot significance to Fang, filled her spot in the party with Lebreau, toned down Snow's Hero bullshit and removed the 2 younger members of NORA..those first 2 hours would be a pretty good start to a decent FF game.

They should have killed off everyone except Fang and just called it Final Fangtasy

As much as I would of liked it if lebreau was a party member to replace vanille, would it have changed anything in the long run?

grimmiq

As much as I would of liked it if lebreau was a party member to replace vanille, would it have changed anything in the long run?

It would have saved my ears from having to listen to her voice..There's probably 100 changes you could make throughout the game before it could really be considered a great game overall..but I was just surprised by how decent the beginning is..making the eventual shitshow it turns into more depressing.

No, because Lightning would still be in there.

Eh, I was fine with her in 1 game...She's no more annoying than Squall (And I actually really liked VIII).

Rizzi

So.. Not FF XIII then. :p

It's not that bad of a movie, but i seriously dont understand why its as popular as it is
Basically this. It's popularity versus other Disney properties was probably just because of the visuals and artstyle.

I actually do like Disney movies, but the best ones are far and away are mostly the Pixar collaborations. Toy Story, and the first 10 minutes of Up are awesome. Last few years have been pretty shit though.

So people are not liking mighty no.9 now? That's a pretty big 180 turn from when it first kickstarted

I was very tempted at throwing some money to inafume for my love of the blue bomber, but I stayed away.

I was happy when it was announced the game will be released on Wii U, but now offering to release the game on every platform Is merely going to drag out the game even longer.

Gameplay footage looks really smooth too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqHA-0Z3-Vk

grimmiq

She's an insignificant character who sucked the tone out of every scene she was in and turned it into bland and moody. She barely has a character, has the emotional depth of a rock and does nothing but be an aggressive and whiny piece of shit that goes through such a minimal, basic and insanely generic development that it almost doesn't classify as development. Her backstory is terrible and an incredibly poor justification for her behavior and overall she is just a fucking terrible character who got three games dedicated to her being nothing and no one, just so Toriyama could keep jerking it to his shit waifu and prevent her lack of a character from fading into nothingness.

I don't disagree with you, but if she had only the 1 game a lot of the hate she gets would be drastically reduced and I'd still take her over Vaan. But maybe I'm just not remembering things right yet..I played XIII once back at launch..even got that stupid collector's edition with the sticker..but that was a good 4 years ago now and I'm only 2 hours into the game this time around.

Nozomi is a hybrid rush down character with 360s
large.gif
Nozomi as a grappler? That fits her so well its perfect.

I was very tempted at throwing some money to inafume for my love of the blue bomber, but I stayed away.

I was happy when it was announced the game will be released on Wii U, but now offering to release the game on every platform Is merely going to drag out the game even longer.

Gameplay footage looks really smooth too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqHA-0Z3-Vk
I can understand they want to branch out in to different platforms so more people will be able to play it, but then again they could of done that after they release the game on the Wii U first

I've been editing my list of favorite games for awhile now since I posted my version from OT2. In no order:
  • Mega Man X
  • Silent Hill 2
  • DMC3
  • Dark Souls
  • Yoshi's Island
  • SMT Nocturne
  • Super Smash Bros: Melee
  • Portal 1
  • Cave Story
  • SpaceChem

Honorable Mentions: Super Metroid, Castlevania 1, Mega Man 2 and 9, Shadow of the Colossus, Silent Hill 3, every 2D and 3D Zelda game more or less, every Platinum game, New Vegas, Dead Space 1, Resi4, Crazy Taxi, Half Life, SUDA51 games, and I'd like to put Deadly Premonition and D4 on here, even though I haven't and can't play them respectively.

Favourite games of all time? Let's see... in no particular order:
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Megaman X
Osu! Tatakae! Quendan 2
Pikmin
Super Mario Sunshine
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Super Mario World
Zelda: Wind Waker
Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

that's all I could think of from the top of my head

Emouse

My favourite games of all time list is limited to MGS1 off the top of my head, I'd have to think about it more to do a top 5 or 10, Paper Mario TTYD is in there too somewhere

But MGS1 always takes the top spot, as in the PS1 version and not that twin snakes garbage

What was he talking about? MH4 comes out in March.

It could have been the crack speaking

List are dumb. Here's my dumb list. It has some of my favorite games in it.

• Persona 3 Portable
  • Demons' Souls
  • Mega Man X
  • Shovel Knight
  • Devil May Cry 3
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
  • Kingdom Hearts 2
  • Half Life 2
  • Deus Ex

croten

Its not great, the heel turn at the end of the movie is shoe horned into and is never really hinted at ever.
Elsa is the only good thing about that movie.

I saw it on Christmas and I really liked it, despite hating everything surrounding it, To be fair the heelturn is hinted at pretty strongly.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
95% sure that's a temp date.

It could have been the crack speaking

Well, I'm just getting my Jaggi Armor, I'm still learning. I got to the desert area, and I've never played with anyone online before.

Here's my definitive top 10.

1. Persona 4
2. Majoras Mask
3. Dark Souls 2
4. Paper Mario: TTYD
5. Final Fantasy 7
6. Fallout: NV
7. MGS 3
8. Bayonetta 2
9. Luigis Mansion
10. FFIX

Here's a list for you to ingest. Take it.
  • Dark Souls
  • Super Metroid
  • Metroid Prime
  • Quake
  • Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
  • Sonic 3 and Knuckles
I didn't want there to be numbers, because then this is all messed up.

No order.

croten

Dumb lists? In no particular order
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Bayonetta 1
  • Metal Gear Solid 3
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Fallout NV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom