• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman014

Nah, what does sleep even do for you?

(Actually this is a fun question, what does sleep do?)

Well I know it's bad to be sleep deprived. One of my prescription medications helps me sleep at night, so that's a good thing. It would worry me if I had a friend that was sleep deprived.

Well I know it's bad to be sleep deprived. One of my prescription medications helps me sleep at night, so that's a good thing. It would worry me if I had a friend that was sleep deprived.
Yeah but think about it though, why do we biologically need to sleep? What do it do?
Keeps you from dying by going nuts
It's all mental. The only reason we need to sleep is because we get tired.

MncPsycho

Neo Member
Wait really? In the form of a refund or XBL wallet money?

Wallet money, but its still nice to get things for Xbone.
Do you have KI or D4? KI is really awesome.

I have KI season 1, but I'm less than a casual fighting game player, plus no stick,and being full scrub means I'm not huge into it. Its hype as fuck though.
Shit, nice one!
Yeah, it was $15 in xbone wallet but it was a nice surprise.

MncPsycho

Neo Member
Yeah but think about it though, why do we biologically need to sleep? What do it do?

It's all mental. The only reason we need to sleep is because we get tired.

That's not entirely true. The body needs physical rest in order to recuperate muscle fatigue, among other things. Too long without sleep can actually fuck your body up, to the point of shock.

Emouse

Wallet money, but its still nice to get things for Xbone.

I have KI season 1, but I'm less than a casual fighting game player, plus no stick,and being full scrub means I'm not huge into it. Its hype as fuck though.

Yeah, it was $15 in xbone wallet but it was a nice surprise.

Interesting! Did they notify you about it at all? I'm just wondering if I receive the same thing since I've had the game from launch

Rizzi

If I could have my need to sleep removed somehow I would be all for it. I waste like 5-8 hours a night doing nothing.

MncPsycho

Neo Member
Interesting! Did they notify you about it at all? I'm just wondering if I receive the same thing since I've had the game from launch

If they did I didn't catch it. I was in the store and saw I had wallet money. I checked online as to why and saw an article about people buying MCC getting $15. Idk the specifics. I bought it in late December though.

Emouse

If they did I didn't catch it. I was in the store and saw I had wallet money. I checked online as to why and saw an article about people buying MCC getting $15. Idk the specifics. I bought it in late December though.

Ah nice, I'll have a check later to see if I got the same, not that I'm bothered if I didn't but hey free money is nice

Well I played someone with a zero connection in ultimax and there was almost no lag besides in the beggining.
Yeah that may just be Ultimax's great net code though. I have never had problems in the game but SF can get rough
Jesus the new little kuriboh video is fucking heavy...it starts off with "I was diagnosed with depression 6 months ago"
Yeah he has been going through some shit lately but judging by his twitter he is really working to get it all worked out
Actually as long as we're linking JoJo crossovers, Madoka Magica spoilers.
Very late but that was pretty cool.

mike0dude

I got a science-y question. We yawn whenever we're bored or tired and I want to know why. What purpose does it serve?

when you are bored/tired, your body slows down and you start breathing less (subconsciously), yawning is the body's way to get more oxigen into your bloodstream and brain to wake you up.

Science says: I don't fucking know. I'm not even kidding

when you are bored/tired, your body slows down and you start breathing less, yawning is the body's way to get more oxigen into your bloodstream and brain to wake you up.

O8XTZd5.gif

Beloved

I really enjoy having a nice sleep, but since a lot of the time my sleep is broken or restless, I would much rather be able to live without it for extended periods of time and then sleep at will when I wanted to.

I mean..if you spend 8 hours asleep every day and live to be 99, you've spent 33 years of your life sleeping.

1/3 of your goddamn life, I mean come on.

With 6 hours, you're still losing 25 years and 1/4 of your life span. Even the best sleep isnt THAT amazing.

croten

I really enjoy having a nice sleep, but since a lot of the time my sleep is broken or restless, I would much rather be able to live without it for extended periods of time and then sleep at will when I wanted to.

I mean..if you spend 8 hours asleep every day and live to be 99, you've spent 33 years of your life sleeping.

With 6 hours, you're still losing 25 years and 1/4 of your life span. Even the best sleep isnt THAT amazing.

To be fair what happens in the other 16 hours isn't very amazing either

Jman014

Nah man, sleep is super hype. Unless you're having a nightmare its basically life's greatest stress remover.

This is what I'm talking about, yeah. I love that it's taken years of theories of possible explanations to nail down why we sleep.

I think energy conservation and/or restorative theories are both pretty solid. The fact that certain bodily function only work in sleep are probably a byproduct of evolving with favoring energy conservation.

Dreams are hype! For the longest time I've had at least one dream per night that I can remember. Except for recently, sadly.

MncPsycho

Neo Member

Idk. I love being asleep. Being awake is hard, stressful, and sometimes just completely fucking blows. There are periods of my life where shit sucked so I slept as much as I could get my body to let me. Coincidentally those times also made me unable to sleep/

Sleep kicks all kinds of ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom