• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
That feels more like it. I (and other people) didn't really get active until the second thread where only the really crazy people were left.
The community began to develop in the tail end of OT1. A lot of us were on summer break and started hanging out. (OT2 is probably my favorite.)

Jersey shore is legit better than anything posted on this page.

Q2SJgPY.gif

Really? I never ran into any problems with the camera, except on the scrolling stages being too slow, but other than that it worked perfectly for me. What didn't you like about it?

I just desperately want it to be able to go to a more 64-Sunshine-Galaxy-y angle. I just want it, it's totally personal and would probably make the game worse, but y'know. I want it.

So 3D World is more fun than I think I've had on a Mario game since SMB3 Advance on middle school car trips

It is way better than I was expecting, even given the hype.
It might be the best looking 3d game I've ever seen, the 3d/2d design works really well, has SMB3 comparable levels of depth and secrets, and I can't begin to fathom why the game's difficulty isn't ruined by co-op.

I still have to play Galaxy...idk why ppl keep comparing it to 3d world though
Not at all similar really. It's just both reviewed and received well.

Galaxy does a lot with variety and spectacle while dumbing down the core platforming from Sunshine, and even from 64. The variety made it super enjoyable when I first played it.

It is way better than I was expecting, even given the hype.
It might be the best looking 3d game I've ever seen, the 3d/2d design works really well, has SMB3 comparable levels of depth and secrets, and I can't begin to fathom why the game's difficulty isn't ruined by co-op.

Because having the other person there fucks with your head

Galaxy does a lot with variety and spectacle while dumbing down the core platforming from Sunshine, and even from 64. The variety made it super enjoyable when I first played it.

The stages are definitely the star of Galaxy
Well, and Rosalina, who's all mysterious and awesome and shit

huehueuheuhue
star

ultimax

Yeah I'm looking forward to playing it. I loved sunshine and the first half of 64

semisonic

Banned
After lurking since OT1, I have finally acquired a goddamn account. Howdy frienders! Before I become the new lord of shitposting and/or the doujin rangers, does anybody have a way to reduce the size of a picture for an avatar without using photoshop?

Also, Jersey Shore is fucking stupid and you are making yourself stupider by watching it.

I don't know, but I never played a game that felt equally good in single player and co-op. Not even the new super mario bros games felt this good in that regard.

You know, I had a brother before we played New Super Mario Bros Wii
Now all I have is a bitter enemy

Kamiya is a jojo fan
M034OGv.png
1LRvBmz.gif

Wait... You were beaten!? You lied to me
After lurking since OT1, I have finally acquired a goddamn account. Howdy frienders! Before I become the new lord of shitposting and/or the doujin rangers, does anybody have a way to reduce the size of a picture for an avatar without using photoshop?

Also, Jersey Shore is fucking stupid and you are making yourself stupider by watching it.

GIMP is the ideal free program as far as I know, but paint will probably work fine for just resizing

I don't know, but I never played a game that felt equally good in single player and co-op. Not even the new super mario bros games felt this good in that regard.
Being 3D actually means it's easier to go around the other people and not get in each other's way, which helps for sure.
Yeah I'm looking forward to playing it. I loved sunshine and the first half of 64
I actually personally hate those games, but I think it's cause I was 7 or 9 years old and terrible at videogames. I played like 50 hours of Sunshine and only got to the level with the Ferris wheel.

Welcome, Friender! doujin ranger is a term I haven't heard in a long time

You can use a free program like paint.net or gimp, I think a few people use those here, myself included. Welcome to the party, you know the rules
Ugh I wanna ask your guys advice in something...but this time I legit think you guys are gonna think im weird...
And shun me.
More bathroom issues?

Yo dude holy shit you know all the lore. Quick: favorite Friender!?

I already approve of your opinions. Also I think there's online editors but I don't know them. I agree that paint.net is awesome.

ultimax

Welcome! You're here forever!

I actually personally hate those games, but I think it's cause I was 7 or 9 years old and terrible at videogames. I played like 50 hours of Sunshine and only got to the level with the Ferris wheel.
I like sunshine mainly because the setting. It's such a feel good game, especially when played in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom