• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
YES! I beat The Tyrant on hard with only the knife!

YcYgweq.jpg

Now! on to the speed runs!

Xenosaga Episode 3 End of Chapter 8 MAJOR SPOILERS

That was seriously the most final boss, not final boss fight I've ever seen. It even put Wonderful 101 to shame in that category (well not shame, but still). God damn what a fucking stellar game, but its definitely looking like its coming into the final chapter based on the fact that we're running out of villains to fight/kill at this point and there's only one major one left.

Also, THIS SOUNDTRACK IS SO GOOD. Godsibb is the most incredible boss theme I've ever heard in my life.

Yeah, it's not a big deal. There hell of a lot worst things you could do, also, really not feeling the GoT LP. I actually think TaleTell's novelty is wearing off to me. Like I legit rather them make a VN (To be fair their games are pretty much that) or movies. Because the more you play them the more you realize your choices mean shit outside a select few.

That's not what's ever been important to me with Telltale games. I live for the initial playthrough, wondering what the consequences of honesty are, doing bad things for good reasons and ruining somebody's life, that kind of shit. I really enjoy the writing of every Telltale game I've played, even TWDS2, and I get attached to their characters super easy. It's just good stories, and I'm up for that.

360pages

I think its the same reason cage games were so popular but arent anymore. They were a cool thing that no one was doing at the time but now its getting old.

But yeah im probably gonna be honest with the people and stop doing the thing...I think its fucking my life up...those times im not in here talking im over there...I dont practice ultimax cause im over there...ugh I think its for the best that I beat this addiction.

I don't know, TaleTell have much better stories, but I legit realize that David Cage games are technically closer to games since despite the horrible shit there are actually different out comes and what you decide to do and not do matters.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Im really loving the NMH:p lets play so far, and hearing Matt talk about telling testers what to test and what hasent been tested enough and just generally being a authoritative role just makes my mind explode, cause that doesnt seem like Matt's personality at all to be in a role where he bosses people around but professionally.

Fuck! I bought that game for my GC half a year ago then literally the the same hour I start it, a re-remake gets announced. I want to play this game so bad.

I have it pre-purchased and ready to go. I'm die inside every time I load up steam and see it there in my library but can't play it.

demidar

I don't know, TaleTell have much better stories, but I legit realize that David Cage games are technically closer to games since despite the horrible shit there are actually different out comes and what you decide to do and not do matters.

David Cage's bad execution of a great narrative framing concept has poisoned the reception to said narrative framing concept even though there's absolutely nothing wrong with it (I'd even go as far as to say it's what everyone should strive for).

360pages

That's not what's ever been important to me with Telltale games. I live for the initial playthrough, wondering what the consequences of honesty are, doing bad things for good reasons and ruining somebody's life, that kind of shit. I really enjoy the writing of every Telltale game I've played, even TWDS2, and I get attached to their characters super easy. It's just good stories, and I'm up for that.

There good stories, but I wouldn't really mind some more choices and reactions to the things I do in them.

Draxyle

Neo Member

That was seriously the most final boss, not final boss fight I've ever seen. It even put Wonderful 101 to shame in that category (well not shame, but still). God damn what a fucking stellar game, but its definitely looking like its coming into the final chapter based on the fact that we're running out of villains to fight/kill at this point and there's only one major one left.

Also, THIS SOUNDTRACK IS SO GOOD. Godsibb is the most incredible boss theme I've ever heard in my life.

You can tell that's where one of the games would have ended if Xenosaga were a 6 part series as originally intended. I think the fact that so much story got compressed into one single game actually helped Xenosaga III a lot though; Parts I and II had some big pacing issues.

But yea, Xenosaga III gets pretty damn amazing with an equally phenomenal soundtrack. It's a shame so few people stuck around to see it through.

360pages

David Cage's bad execution of a great narrative framing concept has poisoned the reception to said narrative framing concept even though there's absolutely nothing wrong with it (I'd even go as far as to say it's what everyone should strive for).

Pretty much, perhaps if they were more fun or had different stories it would have worked better. There is nothing wrong with the type of gameplay David Cage games have for the type of game they are, but the stories are shit.

semisonic

Banned
Yo, side question.

I'm in tokyo for the next few days, and need a list of japan exclusive games worth picking up. Anyone got any suggestions?

You can tell that's where one of the games would have ended if Xenosaga were a 6 part series as originally intended. I think the fact that so much story got compressed into one single game actually helped Xenosaga III a lot though; Parts I and II had some big pacing issues.

But yea, Xenosaga III gets pretty damn amazing with an equally phenomenal soundtrack. It's a shame so few people stuck around to see it through.

Was just telling one of my other friends who's a big Xeno fan that. Would have loved to see Takahashi's work be fully fleshed out the way he wanted into a six part series instead of a nightmare we got now. But I'm glad this series found its way and man did it ever. I can't say enough about how amazing of a game Xenosaga 3 is. Really glad I decided to stick it through.

foxuzamaki

I missed some heavy shit with my bro zed and now im missing the context tho I can kinda sorta connect the dots, all I can say is do you man and if its something your uncomfortable with then its ok to say you dont want it.

Nah I will be fiiiine

Also Aaron I ordered both Tales of Symphonia Chronicles and Zone of the Enders HD Collection on Amazon yesterday

Good and I have never played but good!

I played the DS version and watched all the original cutscenes on youtube as I went through it about four years ago. Does that count?

Yeah that's fine. The DS version has some differences and I'd say it's my least favorite for a few bits, but it's still the same basic game.

Oh no, two posts in and i already fucked up
but pat still counts

Then Aaron-Lagann or Mara
would have been zedreamcast except for his shit taste in waifu
We must avoid stroking Aaron's ego at all costs, it may instigate Donnie Marie
"I hope this isn't Chris's blood!"

"You were almost a Jill Sandwich!"

That's all the references you need.
"Chris is our old partner, you know"
"...you, the "master of unlocking"..."
Barry too good

foxuzamaki

Would stick around but im going to bed early so i can watch the Nintendo direct, see you guys tomorrow.

mrmyhthef

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrBk3oZ2jc0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom