• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
Re-REmake will by my first time through RE1

You wont regret it. I dont normally play games like these over again and especially in such quick succession but after going through the mansion over and over again, back and forth, evading crimson heads and hunters, conserving ammo and many many close calls I can safely say that this is the best Resident Evil game I've ever played.

Hard Mode is where it really shines, you really appreciate all the balance and thought that went into this game, every time you progress in the game you are rewarded with beautiful haunting backgrounds and subtle music cues.

As a first time player of REmake, I fucking love this game to death.

I have everything but ps4 and xbone

giphy.gif

My Playstations are all broken
Ah well, at least I have D4

I really want a RE game starring Barry. Although since he's so swag, a horror or survival horror game wouldn't fit.

I wrote a lot of RE fanfiction in my youth and I have several ideas for a Barry game.

1. Barry and Rebecca fight through the African wilderness.
2. Barry and his daughter fight through a broken down old zombie hotel in small town Transylvania type place.
3. Young Barry shows up from out of a timewarp and has to team up with his older self to go through another mansion.

There were more... None of them were better than that.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You wont regret it. I dont normally play games like these over again and especially in such quick succession but after going through the mansion over and over again, back and forth, evading crimson heads and hunters, conserving ammo and many many close calls I can safely say that this is the best Resident Evil game I've ever played.

Hard Mode is where it really shines, you really appreciate all the balance and thought that went into this game, every time you progress in the game you are rewarded with beautiful haunting backgrounds and subtle music cues.

As a first time player of REmake, I fucking love this game to death.

I'm really surprised that as an RE fan this is the first time you're playing REmake. It's a staple.

Yo, side question.

I'm in tokyo for the next few days, and need a list of japan exclusive games worth picking up. Anyone got any suggestions?

Some Suda51 PS1 games: Twilight Syndrome: Search, TS: Investigation, Moonlight Syndrome, The Silver Case
There are a couple of non-Suda sequels to the Syndrome series: Twilight Syndrome: Reunion on PS1 and DS game Twilight Syndrome: The Forbidden Urban Legend

360pages

I would pay serious money for another RPG composed by Yuki Kajura. It doesn't even have to be Xenosaga 3 good. Just gimme more of her perfect music.

Don't worry, Donte will make his appearance again eventually. Can't wear him out for future use.

Donte will return in DmC 2, Fuck You! harder.

I wrote a lot of RE fanfiction in my youth and I have several ideas for a Barry game.

1. Barry and Rebecca fight through the African wilderness.
2. Barry and his daughter fight through a broken down old zombie hotel in small town Transylvania type place.
3. Young Barry shows up from out of a timewarp and has to team up with his older self to go through another mansion.

There were more... None of them were better than that.

I insist that Barry's starring role be played out during the fall of Terragrigia

Kos-mos was the reason I played xenosaga, that and thinking itd be on the level of gears. Now I hate kos-mos

You're right. Xenosaga 1 and 2 aren't even close to the level of gears.

Xenosaga 3 however, blows Xenogears and Xenoblade out of the water (well not really Gears, but its better). And I haven't even finished the game.

God I'm so hype for Revelations 2. In case you didn't know, I fucking love Resident Evil. I love it admittedly too much.

I own two copies of Gun Survivor.

360pages

DMC5 officially confirmed as DmC 2 as DmC:DE completely outsells DMC4: SE

Please be excited.

They will bring back all the memorable characters, like the Slurm Queen. Missions will be completely devoid of all combat outside of two fights each. One fight will feature completely color coded enemies while the other fight will feature a 2 second unskipable eye shot for each enemy that appears on screen.

I have everything but ps4 and xbone
Nice. Let's see, just off the top of my head. Most of these aren't any recent or current games, but I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to find what you'd look for.

For PS2 games, there's Another Century's Episode 2 & 3 and Shadow Tower Abyss. All three games are by From Soft, the first two being anime mech games and the other a first person dungeon crawler. I've played all three, and they're excellent.

There's also Tetris Battle Gaiden for the Super Famicom, which is a fun battle version of Tetris that can generate a good amount of salt out of some fuckers. And there's Puyo Puyo Tetris on PS3, which is fun from what little bit I've played.

There's probably a lot more I could think of, but I don't know how expensive some of them would be, and also I'm starting to get a bit tired. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Is the combat done right? Then I have what I want. Have Vergil and Dante fuck for all I could care, just give it good DMC combat.

Nope, combat is pretty much the same, they just made Donte's face even more defined on next-gen and the female sales charts for DmC:DE went through the roof.

Just play 3 and prepare yourself for the most astounding experience in your entire life
cus you won't know what the fuck is going on

LOL. Oh god, that'd be so bad. That's like dropping someone into Xenogears disc 2 (except good) and telling them "have fun"

...I... I really liked the Terragrigia sections of Revelations...

Me too! In a "this shit is so bananas, what is this, this is from a game they never had the budget to make or a previous version or something" kind of way. I thought the gameplay change was really nice, too. It broke up the endless backtracking and made the Zenobia sections more tense as you realized how much you were limited, comparatively.

Oh yeah, and there's also a PS2 game based on the original Macross anime made by Sega AM2 of all fucking things, and everything I've heard about it from people sounds kick ass. Pick that up as well.

Oh yeah, and there's also a PS2 game based on the original Macross anime made by Sega AM2 of all fucking things, and everything I've heard about it from people sounds kick ass. Pick that up as well.

The original original? Where we win by Minmei teaching the Zentraedi how to love? Sign me up for that right now. My first anime after DBZ.

joe2187

Banned
I'm really surprised that as an RE fan this is the first time you're playing REmake. It's a staple.

My first Resident Evil game was on N64 with Resident Evil 2. Having never even known of the first one since I didnt own a PS1. I had a Saturn and later a Dreamcast, which is where I played RE3 and fell in love with the series while playing RE:Code Veronica. Which I later bought and played again on PS2 since I fucked myself into a corner on the dreamcast version...and did so again on the PS2 version since Im and idiot.

I never owned a Gamecube when RE4 came out so I eagerly awaited for RE4 to come out, hoping to enjoy another game like RECVX, only to be dissapointed when I saw it was a TPS game instead of a traditional fixed camera angles RE game. So I never bothered even considering buying a gamecube. When It came to PS2 I picked it up and enjoyed it for what It was, but as much as I like RE4. I liked RECVX alot more. I didnt even know the REmake and RE:0 were made until much later and by then I was dissapointed by the lackluster Outbreak games which I never really liked and moved on.

I only had a chance to finally play RE1 for the first time two years ago when I got my Vita and it was free on PS+, which reminded me how much I love the old school RE formula.

I finally beat RECVX for the first time when the HD versions happened.

360pages

I legit think Dragon Ball is a masterpiece and a great example of how to tell a long running shonen story while still being light-hearted. Z is dumb fun, but Dragon Ball got so many things right.

Legit the only series that even comes close to capturing Dragon Ball's spirit is One piece.

Just had a lengthy conversation with a cute girl due to my shamelessly singing Mariah Carey's Emotions at the top of my lungs and dancing all the way to the Safeway.

Didn't think to ask for her number. I was too busy feeling Emotions.

Zenfalcia

Just had a lengthy conversation with a cute girl due to my shamelessly singing Mariah Carey's Emotions at the top of my lungs and dancing all the way to the Safeway.

Didn't think to ask for her number. I was too busy feeling Emotions.

Gj aaron, what did you even talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom