• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking love Senjin Shieldmasta

You...love it?

You make Anduin sad, but he understands.
WHOLogo_400x400.png

The ND was pretty fucking neato. Surprised that Project STEAM has amiibo Fire Emblem characters and I just pre-ordered Type-0 Collector's Edition so I don't know if I can afford Majora's Mask N3DS and MH4

It's...it's almost like...people...aren't perfect. Who knew?

You'd think everyone would get that.

You get the same packs from playing daily and getting coins for completing quests. The only cards locked are the expansion ones.

You hve the same shot to get good cards versus any card game ever.

That's exactly the problem. You need to WIN to complete the daily quest to get gold to buy more packs for a CHANCE at getting something useful. It's just you banging your head against people with full Legendaries and Epics until you get lucky and find another new player to so have a fair match.

Don't be salty.

Don't be you!

It was designed and fabricated by a crack team of producers and writers who know exactly what groups of people respond to . Even if you are able to avoid the majority of the music pumped out eventually one will get you

The production teams behind pop music are so much more respectable than the vocalists they slap on the song.

Loco4Coco

Also wished the Wii games that are coming out were compatible with WiiU Pro Controller. Still getting MPT as I never played them before.

Jman014

Awful. Thanks for the replies
Someday you'll get a modern FE game on the Wii U.
SMT X FE
That's exactly the problem. You need to WIN to complete the daily quest to get gold to buy more packs for a CHANCE at getting something useful. It's just you banging your head against people with full Legendaries and Epics until you get lucky and find another new player to so have a fair match.

Did you have a favorite class?
I want monk and my OG class Death Knights to have decks too someday

Awful. Thanks for the replies

It was designed and fabricated by a crack team of producers and writers who know exactly what groups of people respond to . Even if you are able to avoid the majority of the music pumped out eventually one will get you
Its not SMTXFire Emblem so I dont care.

Also wished the Wii games that are coming out were compatible with WiiU Pro Controller. Still getting MPT as I never played them before.

They're compatible with the Gamepad. That's a marked improvement.

If I trade it Mario kart 8, Mario kart Wii, and brawl, I'll have enough for a few Nintendo cards.

Emouse

I also wish that too, if they decide to release mroe games down the line I'll end up not getting many of them because I hate using the gamepad, MPT is really good tho

Wanna know whats one of my biggest fears playing an SMT game? Im afraid one day my super catholic mom will walk in on me playing right when im Summoning Satan and think im into devil worship.

Did you have a favorite class?
I want monk and my OG class Death Knights to have decks too someday

Rogue, and I do have a decent Rogue deck built from when I did play but because I can't do all the dailies with it I don't care. It's forcing me to play things I have no interest in if I want to do all my dailies.

Its not SMTXFire Emblem so I dont care.

I truly hope that game out and that it's horrible. I don't understand why people want it so badly.

Just play FE games and SMT games. Don't mix them.

Wanna know whats one of my biggest fears playing an SMT game? Im afraid one day my super catholic mom will walk in on me playing right when im Summoning Satan and think im into devil worship.

Fun Fact: When I was wearing my FMA shirt, my family thought the alchemy circle was a pentagram and tried to avoid me for like 2 years because they thought I was satanic.

To this day they buy me clothes with nothing but skulls and other "evil" shit because apparently that's what they think I'm in to.

Edit: Aww yeah double post. Step it up, GAF.

croten

Rogue, and I do have a decent Rogue deck built from when I did play but because I can't do all the dailies with it I don't care. It's forcing me to play things I have no interest in if I want to do all my dailies.

I truly hope that game out and that it's horrible. I don't understand why people want it so badly.

Just play FE games and SMT games. Don't mix them.

why not? You could get a fantastic game that is better than either of their respective series

croten

Why? Because they both have cool and similar looking characters?

Mechanically, a SRPG with the complexity of the demon fusion system in SMT games? Sounds great, you get different units with permadeath, recruit members of the other team to join your army. Sounds fantastic, characters have nothing to do with it.

Just tell your mom you've subjugated Satan and his champion Digimon form Lucifer in an effort to enforce the angels' agenda of bringing Order to a collapsing civilization.

SMT 1, 2, if, and 3 haven't had any love thrown their way in years. It'd be awesome to see those characters.

Just go play the original games if you want to see the characters again, or hope they make an SMT game with past characters. I don't understand why FE needs to be involved.

@Zelda, Nope I wouldn't ever consider it. I get that people always want to see their dream team type of game but I don't get why people dismiss anything that's NOT SMTxFE. It's super stupid.

Just go play the original games if you want to see the characters again, or hope they make an SMT game with past characters. I don't understand why FE needs to be involved.

But aside from HD Remasters, you have to go out of your way to enjoy those characters. Crossovers, much like MvC posted above, allow for Dream Matches and interactions between fan favourite characters. Woolie can go watch old Gundam series, but Build Fighters allows for him, and other viewers, to see classic Gundams fight other ones in pretty great detail and get new viewers interested in that franchises history. Fire Emblem doesn't need to be involved, but it benefits just the same as it did with Smash.

@Zelda, Nope I wouldn't ever consider it. I get that people always want to see their dream team type of game but I don't get why people dismiss anything that's NOT SMTxFE. It's super stupid.
FE doesn't need to be involved for me personally but an SRPG combined with the SMT fusions and spells made by Intelligent Systems is what interests me. Demi Fiend is a badass and I like him but I don't care if the game is a SMT character wank fest

But aside from HD Remasters, you have to go out of your way to enjoy those characters. Crossovers, much like MvC posted above, allow for Dream Matches and interactions between fan favourite characters. Woolie can go watch old Gundam series, but Build Fighters allows for him, and other viewers, to see classic Gundams fight other ones in pretty great detail and get new viewers interested in that franchises history. Fire Emblem doesn't need to be involved, but it benefits just the same as it did with Smash.

FE doesn't need to be involved for me personally but an SRPG combined with the SMT fusions and spells made by Intelligent Systems is what interests me. Demi Fiend is a badass and I like him but I don't care if the game is a SMT character wank fest

Fair enough.

Xiraiya

Re-doing the English font in FF8 has been quite interesting as a learning experience in understanding how they do the text in both the English and Japanese versions of these games.

For example

Ⅷ
If you highlight that, you will see that it is a single letter/character, this seems to be a thing found in Japanese text, they have most roman numerals as single characters (Probably part of why the Final Fantasy series is numbered the way it is)
The English version of FF8 is pretty good on the PSX version, but the PC version's Hires font is "MS Gothic" a somewhat awkward basic Microsoft Japanese font that isn't really meant for English but has English characters, so I've been fixing that.

Squishy3

It can't be more awkward than your sister's friend seeing you as you're walking to the bathroom.

At worst your mom will just post about it on a Christian forum. PG go dig up that thread about Persona 3 on that forum. I'm on mobile so I can't do it.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Who here is getting a New 3DS XL?

Also are you getting Majora's Mask 3D and/or Monster Hunter 4?

Gamestop has apparently sold out of the Majoras Mask N3DS everywhere.

It can't be more awkward than your sister's friend seeing you as you're walking to the bathroom.

At worst your mom will just post about it on a Christian forum. PG go dig up that thread about Persona 3 on that forum. I'm on mobile so I can't do it.

We will be talking about this for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom