• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman014

The Fire Emblem Amiibo support for S.T.E.A.M. seems neat. It sounds like Robin and Lucinas' voice actors did voice work for the game and haven't been replaced by other VAs. Yay for more Laura Bailey!

Zenfalcia

You realize that that happens with caterpillars in real life? In one life cycle?

Yes, which is why i used it an example for me arguing semantics. Also, tons of other "caterpillar" pokemons have the same evolution. Anways, it's evolution just like the games says.

e72719d5206cf3edad5ce7b77a31c5f4.jpg

I can't tell if the posters in that Christian forum are trolling or they are intentionally ignorant.

Xiraiya

It's really not that hard to tell, most of what I say is sarcastic, or I'm not really being serious, I'd make it pretty clear if I was actually really bothered by something/someone. My biggest issue I seem to encounter here is the difference in sense of humor where people say something ridiculous enough to be believable but are actually attempting to be funny, so I assume they're actually being honest going by the pattern of somewhat ridiculous or similar things they've said before and meant.

Most of you are oddly sensitive and touchy at times while being completely careless at other times when it would make more sense the other way around.

Zenfalcia

No thats called metamorphosis

If you compare it to the real world, you could say that, but in the context of pokemon, it's an evolution. Personally, idgaf what it is.

Although it gets super weird if you think about it.. like why does evolved pokemons give birth to unevolved versions of themselves. Um.. anyways.. why are we even having this discussion? Christians and pokemons?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yes, which is why i used it an example for me arguing semantics. Also, tons of other "caterpillar" pokemons have the same evolution. Anways, it's evolution just like the games says.

It is not evolution, but it is metamorphosis.

Once a caterpillar has disintegrated all of its tissues except for the imaginal discs, those discs use the protein-rich soup all around them to fuel the rapid cell division required to form the wings, antennae, legs, eyes, genitals and all the other features of an adult butterfly or moth. The imaginal disc for a fruit fly's wing, for example, might begin with only 50 cells and increase to more than 50,000 cells by the end of metamorphosis.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/caterpillar-butterfly-metamorphosis-explainer/

360pages

Legit, in the context of our world. Pokémon Evolution isn't really evolution but simply growing up most of the time. They probably use the term Evolution because it's easier for people to wrap their heads around unlike metamorphosis and sounds better than just growing up.

Zenfalcia

I could totally be the hokage. I don't want to brag, but i know all of the hand motions for chidori by heart.
I think I actually did at one point.

So, then you'd be sakuke
who is pretty cool
. What a cool guy, all you need is the headband to fully embrace the woolie hole village.
It's really not that hard to tell, most of what I say is sarcastic, or I'm not really being serious, I'd make it pretty clear if I was actually really bothered by something/someone. My biggest issue I seem to encounter here is the difference in sense of humor where people say something ridiculous enough to be believable but are actually attempting to be funny, so I assume they're actually being honest going by the pattern of somewhat ridiculous or similar things they've said before and meant.

Most of you are oddly sensitive and touchy at times while being completely careless at other times when it would make more sense the other way around.

We're consistently inconsistent. What if we're equally not being serious but being interpereted as being serious? That could happen.

I still don't know what to think about Splatoon. The characters are nice though.
It's a competent looking TPS with a neat, but probably unbalanced gimmick. That's all I see in it. I see too many people hype this game up like crazy, but I don't get the feeling that this will be great.
I'm guessing it's cringy weaboo ninjas.
Join them. Rule them. Give them a purpose in life.

THEN TAKE OVER THE SCHOOL.
GotYoatY

Zenfalcia

It is not evolution, but it is metamorphosis.

Once a caterpillar has disintegrated all of its tissues except for the imaginal discs, those discs use the protein-rich soup all around them to fuel the rapid cell division required to form the wings, antennae, legs, eyes, genitals and all the other features of an adult butterfly or moth. The imaginal disc for a fruit fly's wing, for example, might begin with only 50 cells and increase to more than 50,000 cells by the end of metamorphosis.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/caterpillar-butterfly-metamorphosis-explainer/

I know, I'm just talking about how there's literally no science behind pokemons and the movement between one stage of pokemon to another is called evolution in game, which isn't just limited to "catepillar" pokemons. This is all semantics on what they named the term of pokemons moving between different stages, "evolution".

Okingjrr

I have a question to those with the Playstation Gold Wireless headset:
So I have to recharge this thing. I was wondering if it's better to just connect it to my phone charger or whether connecting it to my PC would work just as quickly. It did run out a bit quicker than I was expecting.

Still, sound is surprisingly good for a €75 headset. It's insanely comfortable.

I've never tried using my phone charger. I always connect it to my pc and use a different pair of headphones while it's charging. It charges in under 3 hours.

Okingjrr

So who here is at least getting Monster Hunter 4?

I tried the demo for 3 and I was like eh I'll pass on this series.

I do have a friend that's deep into MH though.

Also wished the Wii games that are coming out were compatible with WiiU Pro Controller. Still getting MPT as I never played them before.
I'm hoping Gamepad compatibility means Wii U pro controller compatibility. It would be stupid otherwise.

I have a question to those with the Playstation Gold Wireless headset:
So I have to recharge this thing. I was wondering if it's better to just connect it to my phone charger or whether connecting it to my PC would work just as quickly. It did run out a bit quicker than I was expecting.

Still, sound is surprisingly good for a €75 headset. It's insanely comfortable.

When it's low, I just plug it into my computer. I never tried the phone charger. It doesn't take too long to charge anyway.

For it's price, they're really good. Blew me away. Them and my Audio Technica's have been my greatest value per dollar headphones I've ever bought.

Okingjrr

I have a friend who loves Monster Hunter too. She loves that shit.
It's like that crack thing Pat like to give to the kids.

I see, thank you...Though it wouldn't hurt if I tried, right? I'm gonna try both out and see how long it takes.
Be careful though. The little red LED comes off when the headset's fully charged. Wouldn't want to fry it on it's first day.
I see. I might just stick to charging it through my PC then. How long does it generally take?

Ah man, I had an AT headset in the past. Definitely beats the gold headset in terms of sound quality, but that's what you're paying for I guess. Considering the brand quality, both are fantastic choices for sure.
Under 3 hours or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom