• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm likely going to trade in my XL for the $100 credit on the MH4 one if my Gamestop still has them. This will be my first MH game but I just love the design on the N3DS in that special edition. I have played Phantasy Star in multiple iterations though, so I know the gist of what to expect.

I love Majora's but the gold N3DS just looks super tacky to me.

Squishy3

I'm likely going to trade in my XL for the $100 credit on the MH4 one if my Gamestop still has them. This will be my first MH game but I just love the design on the N3DS in that special edition. I have played Phantasy Star in multiple iterations though, so I know the gist of what to expect.

If you really want it you should preorder. In-store requires a $25 deposit for 3DS', I think.

Oberon

Banned
Please someone I need to see rin holding that corn dog with a jotaro hat and her with SP hair and the circlet.

I have no idea who that character is....
4Q8SRuO.png

Beloved

It can't be more awkward than your sister's friend seeing you as you're walking to the bathroom.

At worst your mom will just post about it on a Christian forum. PG go dig up that thread about Persona 3 on that forum. I'm on mobile so I can't do it.

Oh man Christian forums are the worst, I mean they have threads like "How to be a submissive wife" and it has nothing to do with kinky sex.

How disappointing.

Emouse

I want to say Phantasy Star and MH are very very different, but then again I've not played either in quite some time

Oberon

Banned
Because they're saying the similarity to the theory of evolution is a reason NOT to play Pokemon games

IT'S CALLED EVOLUTION!

It's rapid and extreme due to being fantasy, but yeah.

That's, not how evolution works tho.
Eevee would be the only one that would be considered "real evolution" since it's adaptes to the stone that you give it.
The comparaison to metamorphosis is pretty accurate.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
IT'S CALLED EVOLUTION!

That one Pokemon that's just keys, what possible survival edge of its evolutions?

This is not a process of evolution. The designer just shat out designs based on whatever was in his pockets at the time.
klefki.jpg

Zenfalcia

IT'S CALLED EVOLUTION!

They call it evolving too, so there's that. Although it would be harder to argue the evolution when you have a caterpie that gains a shell to become a metapod and then emerge from the shell to become butterfree.. although that is still called evolving and it happens in a flash of light, not them doing an action like making a shell or emerging out of it.. #semantics

Mathaou

legacy of cane
They call it evolving too, so there's that. Although it would be harder to argue the evolution when you have a caterpie that gains a shell to become a metapod and then emerge from the shell to become butterfree.. although that is still called evolving and it happens in a fladh of light, not them doing an action like making a shell or emerging out of it.. #semantics

You realize that that happens with caterpillars in real life? In one life cycle?

Also, the way you worded this was weird. I was confused as to what you were saying.

Beloved

That's, not how evolution works tho.
Eevee would be the only one that would be considered "real evolution" since it's adaptes to the stone that you give it.
The comparaison to metamorphosis is pretty accurate.

I dont know why you guys are debating this, the point was that telling your kids that pokemon is "ungodly" because it kinda sorta relates to evolution is dumb.

So dont include me in the evolution/metamorphosis debate <.<

That one Pokemon that's just keys, what possible survival edge of its evolutions?

This is not a process of evolution. The designer just shat out designs based on whatever was in his pockets at the time.
klefki.jpg

The Pokemon is based on a Youkai that would steal common household objects from people. It's not a keychain.

Also, Klefki is one of the greatest troll Pokemon ever created. I've had so many people rage quit against me, because of how annoying this thing is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom