• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

I remember making a character named "Pizdov" (meant to be read as pissed off) in Cabal Online because at the time I was annoyed at my friend who was starting the game with me together. While a month or two pass playing the game regularly, for some reason I get several people talking to me in a foreign language that I do not understand.

Then one of the guys explains in English that my name is really close to "pizda", which apparently means pussy in various Eastern European languages.

Xiraiya

What about the people who hate the things you like?

I get that a lot, usually I ignore it because well, it doesn't matter, and also because they usually aren't reasonable or clear minded enough to consider my reasoning for liking a thing because I type more than "lol because it's cool", or I assume they're doing it on purpose to be shits and actually don't care.

It's more often one or the other, which is unfortunate, sometimes there is actually a genuine reason that is explained and at that point it's like You know, I can understand that.

Zenfalcia

Then those people have bad taste and you should keep them around to make fun of them

Sounds like what we do everyday.
Tell them their waifu is shit

Oh, so what we do everyday? Perfect.
Believe.

Also, where's the adorable cat maid from?

Oreimo or Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Aka anime about sister and stuff.

6ce.gif

The girl in question is kuroneko aka gokou ruri.

I get that a lot, usually I ignore it because well, it doesn't matter, and also because they usually aren't reasonable or clear minded enough to consider my reasoning for liking a thing because I type more than "lol because it's cool", or I assume they're doing it on purpose to be shits and actually don't care.

Final Fantasy 8 is shit.

You're welcome

Zenfalcia

It's more often one or the other, which is unfortunate, sometimes there is actually a genuine reason that is explained and at that point it's like You know, I can understand that.

That's because you like things people hate.
Ha ha... This is a bad joke.

People like jumping to conclusions since it's easier to say "lol ur dumb" rather than actually reading and trying to understand or do it for fun to rustle some jimmies. Some people make good arguements, so there's that.

Have anyone ever won you over in an arguement?

Well, I just got back from my cpr certification and my wrist hurts like a motherfucker. We spent 2 hours learning how to properly do cpr and use an aed. It was a really interesting class and I am glad I took it.

Xiraiya

People like jumping to conclusions since it's easier to say "lol ur dumb" rather than actually reading and trying to understand or do it for fun to rustle some jimmies. Some people make good arguements, so there's that.

Have anyone ever won you over in an arguement?
Plenty of times, I like what I like though, so what someone thinks of something isn't going to affect my reasons for liking it, or even why I think that it's good (They are separate things)
However there have been times when I have seen a thing, and nothing about it has stood out to me in a way that makes me care about it, this is something people have changed my view on at times by finally showing me or telling me something that makes me feel like I need to check it out.

Hunter x Hunter is the best example of that in recent times, but I naturally trust Beloved's tastes so being convinced to watch it with her wasn't that hard.
Oh Star Trek TNG was another, I've never been a huge Star Wars or Star Trek fan, but even though I kind of liked Star Wars, I never really cared about Star Trek, mainly because no one showed me anything about that series that caught my curiosity, or ever seemed to talk about or like the series for the reasons I now do.

Zenfalcia

Well, I just got back from my cpr certification and my wrist hurts like a motherfucker. We spent 2 hours learning how to properly do cpr and use an aed. It was a really interesting class and I am glad I took it.

Now you can do cpr and blush while you think about giving away your first "kiss" to the girl who drowned. She is also very cute. This all happens while your childhood friend suddenly finds that her heart hurts just by looking at you doing cpr.

Zenfalcia

Plenty of times, I like what I like though, so what someone thinks of something isn't going to affect my reasons for liking it, or even why I think that it's good (They are separate things)
However there have been times when I have seen a thing, and nothing about it has stood out to me in a way that makes me care about it, this is something people have changed my view on at times by finally showing me or telling me something that makes me feel like I need to check it out.

Hunter x Hunter is the best example of that in recent times, but I naturally trust Beloved's tastes so being convinced to watch it with her wasn't that hard.
Oh Star Trek TNG was another, I've never been a huge Star Wars or Star Trek fan, but even though I kind of liked Star Wars, I never really cared about Star Trek, mainly because no one showed me anything about that series that caught my curiosity, or ever seemed to talk about or like the series for the reasons I now do.

I suppose you are already deadset on your opinions on a particular thing and already have your own opinions.

Aw... That's nice, enjoying stuff with others. Now all Beloved needs to do is show a really bad show. That'll be the best joke ever.

Edit: whoops dp.

Alright, everyone get in the group hug.
I'm a one-man moving group hug. You just have to bend down a little cause I'm always sitting.
Now you can do cpr and blush while you think about giving away your first "kiss" to the girl who drowned. She is also very cute. This all happens while your childhood friend suddenly finds that her heart hurts just by looking at you doing cpr.
If ever a man was in too deep
Final Fantasy 8 is shit.

You're welcome

Your opinion is ignorant and also mostly just garbage in general.

OH SHIT DUDES-WITH-WEIRD-TASTE FIGHT

Xiraiya

I suppose you are already deadset on your opinions on a particular thing and already have your own opinions.
Aw... That's nice, enjoying stuff with others. Now all Beloved needs to do is show a really bad show. That'll be the best joke ever.
Edit: whoops dp.

I'm constantly re-thinking and re-analyzing why I like what I like as I watch stuff and play stuff, to see how my perspective changes over time.

What the flying fuck?! SMTIV sidequest spoilers:
Why the fuck are SMTIV sidequests suddenly asking for hundreds of thousands of macca? Where am I supposed to get this much money? Do they want me to collect artifacts for hours?

im sure it like all other RPG games has a surefire way to make a shitton of money fast

What the flying fuck?! SMTIV sidequest spoilers:
Why the fuck are SMTIV sidequests suddenly asking for hundreds of thousands of macca? Where am I supposed to get this much money? Do they want me to collect artifacts for hours?
There's apps that make it easy, but I can't say I even remember those quests.

Fire Emblem. All I care about.

Might pre-order that goddamn Majora's 3DS, so sick, but that's money I don't have to waste since I just bought that jacket.

Zenfalcia

I'm a one-man moving group hug. You just have to bend down a little cause I'm always sitting.

If ever a man was in too deep

OH SHIT DUDES-WITH-WEIRD-TASTE FIGHT

How would two people in wheelchairs hug.. hmm..

It's just like my japanese animes!

Fight fight fight! Kiss kiss kiss..
I'm constantly re-thinking and re-analyzing why I like what I like as I watch stuff and play stuff, to see how my perspective changes over time.

hmm.. that's a nice way of enjoyjng stuff.
Re-analyze FF8 then

Heh.

I'm super stoked for Metroid Prime Trilogy. Maybe I'm letting the hype of how cheap it is get to me, but damn £9 is too cheap. I just wish it was up now. Don't make me wait.

In other news, buying Galaxy 2 because I'm a casual and never played Galaxy on the Wii for some raisin and I don't really know why because I have the biggest hard on for 64 and more words mom's spaghetti
can I easily go back to Galaxy 1 after 2? Just in case I'm blown away by 2 and need more

Dat Fire Emblem! Can't wait for more. Also looking forward to Robin and Lucina amiibos. I might get those two. Also FE in S.T.E.A.M. looks interesting.

I think they are the best looking characters in the game. Which now makes me think it isn't the artstyle that is ugly, it is just the character designs.

I'm on my final journey to beat dark souls 2. The Tale of Salty Johns II is almost over. I can't believe how great the Halberd is. i'm so glad i didn't go greatsword.

Re-analyze FF8 then

raw

Dat Fire Emblem! Can't wait for more. Also looking forward to Robin and Lucina amiibos. I might get those two. Also FE in S.T.E.A.M. looks interesting.

I'm not a huge fan of the new art direction in FE, but I don't care, those characters look rad as hell. And I don't give a shit about STEAM, adding characters I like into it only makes me hate the look of every other character a thousand times more.

It's going to be the start of my very own harem, and it'll be great until they both turn out to be yandere and it ends with one of them on a boat sailing into the sunset with my decapitated head in a bag.

Squishy3

raw

I'm not a huge fan of the new art direction in FE, but I don't care, those characters look rad as hell. And I don't give a shit about STEAM, adding characters I like into it only makes me hate the look of every other character a thousand times more.
At least they gave the characters' 3D models actual feet in the new FE.

Jman014

I remember thinking "Did my copy fuck up?" when I first popped it in.
No more tiny feetsies for FE characters!

I like the look of the red samurai guy near the end of the trailer.

I'm super stoked for Metroid Prime Trilogy. Maybe I'm letting the hype of how cheap it is get to me, but damn £9 is too cheap. I just wish it was up now. Don't make me wait.

In other news, buying Galaxy 2 because I'm a casual and never played Galaxy on the Wii for some raisin and I don't really know why because I have the biggest hard on for 64 and more words mom's spaghetti
can I easily go back to Galaxy 1 after 2? Just in case I'm blown away by 2 and need more
Yes you can, 1 is better anyways.
IMHO, fuck that purple fat ass

Zenfalcia

Well, you know, it's things like that which result in me disregarding opinions.

It's fine!!!
It's going to be the start of my very own harem, and it'll be great until they both turn out to be yandere and it ends with one of them on a boat sailing into the sunset with my decapitated head in a bag.

nah, if she did that she wouldn't be able to keep you forever. She's have your drugged and tied body with her on the boat, so she could do things with your forever.
The stubby feet were my favorite part of that game's art (besides most characters having a distinct one-or-two-color palette that differentiated them immediately and looked great)

They weren't great, but idgaf. It's always time to tip the scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom