• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

So.. she didn't like video games? I mean.. you can still do video games.. maybe?
Nah I think she just likes talking about gamergate and female portrayal in video games, and I don't wanna hear that in my classes.
I had a very strict anti-video game English professor in college that had me write a persuasive essay on anything I chose. So I wrote about video games and she gave me an A on it. She didn't let her bias interfere with judging the quality of my writing. It was a very nice thing.
Did you convince her to be pro-video games?

Archgan

I thought I saw him once or twice last thread. Could be wrong though.

He posted as much as me last thread, though that's not saying much. Also, I remember that in most of the threads he posted around the same amount as me. I think the increased speed of the thread makes it seem some people post less.

Hey we were just talking about you a little earlier, hows it going?

You were? Where? I want to read so I can respond. edit: nvm I found it, nothing major.

I've been fine, been very busy with uni stuff and personal stuff(a person very dear to me is gone(not dead) and I needed time and space to deal with it) so I couldn't be very active in this thread(I feel the need to catch up on the entire thread before I can post so I just end up reading a page and leaving lately).

After this week my life will calm down and I can be more active here again(I was so sad I had to miss the Smash tourney). Even though it may seem like I just drive-by post and leave again doesn't mean I don't view this place as a second home :).

edit: Oh and you guys should worry less about scaring off regulars, just because someone isn't as active as always doesn't mean they don't want to be. Real life responsibilities sometimes mean you have to hold off on doing the things you love.

Zenfalcia

I wonder if we chased away CreeperBlocks somehow. Been noticing lately that he doesn't post here anymore, but I still see him around other threads.
He said that he wasn't going to be stopping by as much. The thread moves at an insane pace. Hard to keep up.

Basically what Banana Aeon said. Although he hasn't posted in a few days or more.
Nah I think she just likes talking about gamergate and female portrayal in video games, and I don't wanna hear that in my classes.

Ah, sure, but I don't think it'll make a huge difference either way if you talk about video games? Do whatever you want.

You were? Where? I want to read so I can respond.

I've been fine, been very busy with uni stuff and personal stuff(a person very dear to me is gone(not dead) and I needed time and space to deal with it) so I couldn't be very active in this thread(I feel the need to catch up on the entire thread before I can post so I just end up reading a page and leaving lately).

After this week my life will calm down and I can be more active here again(I was so sad I had to miss the Smash tourney). Even though it may seem like I just drive-by post and leave again doesn't mean I don't view this place as a second home :).

Someone posted the source of your avatar and we thought of you.

It sucks that you had to go through personal stuff, and hope things are going to calm down for you.

And as for drive-by posting, that's how most of the conversations get started around here anyway.

I got her basic useful combos down and looked at match videos for what set ups they lead into.

A few useful tips, her i.Bad Moon is extremely useful, and should be used after her HS Tandem Top since that will make it safe on block.

Her HS Tandem Top is also very useful in the corner since not only does it add pressure, but on hit it wall bounces which can lead to corner air combos or supers.

Jman014

You were? Where? I want to read so I can respond.

edit: Oh and you guys should worry less about scaring off regulars, just because someone isn't as active as always doesn't mean they don't want to be. Real life responsibilities sometimes mean you have to hold off on doing the things you love.

I posted a picture of your Windrunner avatar from that cute tumblr thing and someone went "hey that's rodriguez's avatar"

Zenfalcia

You were? Where? I want to read so I can respond. edit: nvm I found it, nothing major.

T05zbB.png

Glad that you got some of your stuff sorted out. If you really want to catch up on the thread.. you'd need a whole day just to read through all of the dumb posts we make.

Someone posted the source of your avatar and we thought of you.

It sucks that you had to go through personal stuff, and hope things are going to calm down for you.

And as for drive-by posting, that's how most of the conversations get started around here anyway.

It's fine now, I just have some exams this week, mentally I'm okay again after some dark times.

Also these threads move so goddamn fast, today I found out that not only did the last thread close, but this one already had 5k posts.

You guys are crazy.

Shackzam

A few useful tips, her i.Bad Moon is extremely useful, and should be used after her HS Tandem Top since that will make it safe on block.

Her HS Tandem Top is also very useful in the corner since not only does it add pressure, but on hit it wall bounces which can lead to corner air combos or supers.
You have so many set-ups off of certain situations with HS tandom. Instant overhead? Just a fast low? Roll mix-up? So many things to do.

Zenfalcia

It's fine now, I just have some exams this week, mentally I'm okay again after some dark times.

Also these threads move so goddamn fast, today I found out that not only did the last thread close, but this one already had 5k posts.

You guys are crazy.

Yes, yes we are.. But this is now the golden age of the Zaibatsu! It's all downhill from here!

Skrams

Looks like Man at Arms made Edgehog's Blade

It looked pretty sick, but then they started hitting things with the not inside scissor end. I cried.

Making the blade out of scissors? Obviously its not being used in combat or anything and I guess it is just a gimmick because it is a scissor but you would think blacksmiths would not want to make a sword out of reforged stainless steel
It is cool that KLK appears to be popular judging by all the requests they got for it. Was that fight scene they used in the intro from the English dub? Woof

I figured it was because they've done stuff like that a million times so why not have some fun with a random gimmick. Also yeah, if that was the dub jeez. skLaFarebear still insane for thinking the dub will make the show watchable compared to the sub.

RTS? Not anime? PC game? Three of my least favorite things put together.

My insides hurt.

Glad to see ya, and I'm glad things have calmed down for you.

You know how much it sucks to want to get good at the fight games but not have any time to actually get good? I still haven't bought either Ultimax or USFIV(been interested since EVO) because what's the fucking point if I can't even play them.

I just want to game guys, there's not even any SMT IV updates from me :(

Jman014

You know how much it sucks to want to get good at the fight games but not have any time to actually get good? I still haven't bought either Ultimax or USFIV(been interested since EVO) because what's the fucking point if I can't even play them.

Do you like Telltale games? Send them an email about making a Dota 2 game where you hug Windrunner.

You have so many set-ups off of certain situations with HS tandom. Instant overhead? Just a fast low? Roll mix-up? So many things to do.

Also love her 6K after tandom top for overheads since it dodges low hits (which people mostly try after being pushed into a corner) and can be chained in the corner into some crazy combos. Also, love the roll.

And her air kunai gives her Ibuki level pressure game and can really fuck someone up.

Damn my 3DSXL feels a bit loose on the bottom of it. I'm kinda worried as I can't afford to get a new one.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT I MEAN BY NEW, NEW NEW OR NEW NEW NEW

I'm sad I won't be able to play MH4U online with people, but it's cool I can play MH3U online on my 3DS through my WiiU.

Do you like Telltale games? Send them an email about making a Dota 2 game where you hug Windrunner.

No I think they're meh, not for me anyway.

A Dota 2 one wouldn't be great, most heroes despise almost every other hero, so there wouldn't be a lot of conversation. Even Crystal Maiden and Lina(who are sisters!) hate each other.

A Dota 2 TV show would be amazing though, live action or not. Would get a lot of interest too, it's just hard to do(you'd need to choose the right heroes to focus on and swap perspective a lot without it becoming confusing). Also either really expensive or really crappy.

Jman014

No I think they're meh, not for me anyway.

A Dota 2 one wouldn't be great, most heroes despise almost every other hero, so there wouldn't be a lot of conversation. Even Crystal Maiden and Lina(who are sisters!) hate each other.

A Dota 2 TV show would be amazing though, live action or not. Would get a lot of interest too, it's just hard to do(you'd need to choose the right heroes to focus on and swap perspective a lot without it becoming confusing). Also either really expensive or really crappy.

Aww! Oh wells

Ya I'd watch it.

I'm hearing some pretty
disappointing
things from
Alisha
from Tales of Zestiria. God dammit, if this is true then that's just false advertisement Bandai Namco

Damn my 3DSXL feels a bit loose on the bottom of it. I'm kinda worried as I can't afford to get a new one.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT I MEAN BY NEW, NEW NEW OR NEW NEW NEW

I'm sad I won't be able to play MH4U online with people, but it's cool I can play MH3U online on my 3DS through my WiiU.

What do you mean the bottom feels loose? Do you mean the hinges?

Shackzam

Also love her 6K after tandom top for overheads since it dodges low hits (which people mostly try after being pushed into a corner) and can be chained in the corner into some crazy combos. Also, love the roll.

And her air kunai gives her Ibuki level pressure game and can really fuck someone up.
It also avoids grabs since you're technically in the air. I need to look at how to apply the knife in match.

Skrams

Wait are your interests aligned with his or mine?
Also Dota 2 for u?

Yours because I'm not insane for anime games. I'm also no DOTA 2er. I don't care for MOBAs or the multiplayer aspect of them. I'm also not a big guy on RTS in general, but I'm fine with stuff like Dawn of War 2.

This is one of the many walls for me wanting to get into fighting games. A lot of having to put in the time, but sometimes don't have a lot of time available. The other major thing is my shit internet, so even if I put forth the time there's no point because my connection is garbage.

Git gud taste.

Nope. I'm fine, thanks.

Yours because I'm not insane for anime games. I'm also no DOTA 2er. I don't care for MOBAs or the multiplayer aspect of them. I'm also not a big guy on RTS in general, but I'm fine with stuff like Dawn of War 2.

This is one of the many walls for me wanting to get into fighting games. A lot of having to put in the time, but sometimes don't have a lot of time available. The other major thing is my shit internet, so even if I put forth the time there's no point because my connection is garbage.
I don't think I've played any RTS games. Like ever. It's one of the biggest gaping holes in my knowledge of games.

Fighting games with a shitty connection is sorta hard to recommend, but if you buy in, Ultimax's and Arena's net code worked on my 300kbps net just fine, ('specially at night when the local ISP usage is low)

I feel you, it's also hard to get motivated when you don't know anyone that plays fighting games. Hell, almost none of my friends play vidya games and the ones that do do NOT play fighting games at all.

I think I've literally never met had any friends that legitimately played fighting games(meaning: not mashing).

I'm hearing some pretty
disappointing
things from
Alisha
from Tales of Zestiria. God dammit, if this is true then that's just false advertisement Bandai Namco

What do you mean the bottom feels loose? Do you mean the hinges?

Like the bottom plate thing. The hinges have always been loose and that's apparently a thing so that isn't an issue (well it is).

Top Bottom