• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

mike0dude

Goddamn it, I only have a couple of hours until a deadline and I can't log into my fucking mail to get to the files I uploaded. This is the fucking worst possible thing that could have happened.
Fuck everything.

least nobody shot you through your window...

i'd duck right now if I was you.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Monster Hunter is a no go tonight, my brother kicked me out of the basement because he and his girlfriend are going to do homework together.

semisonic

Banned
Monster Hunter is a no go tonight, my brother kicked me out of the basement because he and his girlfriend are going to do homework together.

Sounds shady
Now I guess there's nothing for me to do
to stop the crippling loneliness
than wait for my smash buddy to come around and smash some.
Actually the best part of living in a dorm.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Started watching Rolling Girls. Super good first episode. Might this be what draws me back into anime full-time? Maaaaybe.

tumblr_ni1axas0Gb1ro5jf8o3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_ni1axas0Gb1ro5jf8o8_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nicx3xh2Bl1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

GGs Sonic, whew you're pretty damn good. If Squish and me hadn't done a dozen matches the other day against his Leo, I probably wouldn't have stood a chance lol.

ggs romars. It was fun. And gross sometimes. But mostly fun.
How bout those insta kills?

I seriously didn't think instakills were practical until now...
I'm embarassed how many times I fell into them.

So I'm learning millia in guilty gear since I'm getting tired of making people block with slayer and occasionally doing some damage. Now I can vortex people now.
EDIT: damn top of the page

Oh, the dream of Slayer Shack is no more. done with rushdowns, he moves on to 'jump arounds'.
I was considering switching to Zato at one point myself, but I started having a bit more fun with Potemkin lately.

Skrams

Vacuum salesman came by. Almost went nuts trying to get him to leave.

This is where if I had one I'd post a relevant gif from that one It's Always Sunny episode where Frank sells vacuums and cuts some shoes with knives he's selling.

I don't think I've played any RTS games. Like ever. It's one of the biggest gaping holes in my knowledge of games.

Fighting games with a shitty connection is sorta hard to recommend, but if you buy in, Ultimax's and Arena's net code worked on my 300kbps net just fine, ('specially at night when the local ISP usage is low)

Yeah, RTS feels like one of those genres most people just never touch beyond a Starcraft. It makes sense with them being primarily located on PC. I just never really cared as they feel time sensitive to me and I don't want to worry about timed things in games.

Maybe on Ultimax. I'm not sure if I'd want to take the leap of faith, but eh. It's just one of those genres I wouldn't feel comfortable touching until I know I can play majority of my matches without knowing it's my fault.

I feel you, it's also hard to get motivated when you don't know anyone that plays fighting games. Hell, almost none of my friends play vidya games and the ones that do do NOT play fighting games at all.

I think I've literally never met had any friends that legitimately played fighting games(meaning: not mashing).

Yeah, I assume there's not a lot of FGC stuff going on in Kentucky. There's something probably, but not sure if I'd really want to get involved. Don't have any friends into fighting games either. If I were to ever get into them then I'd have to live off a lot of matches gotten in this thread. I've also mashed my whole life up until a few years ago, but even then I still am bad because I know nothing.

semisonic

Banned
GGs Sonic, whew you're pretty damn good. If Squish and me hadn't done a dozen matches the other day against his Leo, I probably wouldn't have stood a chance lol.

I seriously didn't think instakills were practical until now...
I'm embarassed how many times I fell into them.

Oh, the dream of Slayer Shack is no more. done with rushdowns, he moves on to 'jump arounds'.
I was considering switching to Zato at one point myself, but I started having a bit more fun with Potemkin lately.

Oh, leo's actually got a guaranteed link
that I suck at
from blitzschlag to ik even on block thanks to the mash-stun state of the move. I was also sad how many times i fucked up my super and instead just did that cross-up move directly into match loss.

semisonic

Banned
Do you have any PC games you can play?

Nidhogg and dark souls for multiplayer. And PSO2 still, but I'm never expecting anyone here
or anywhere, really
to get an account because it was kinda a pain in the dick.
Still fun, but what was not was passing japanese captchas. Fuck.

Yeah, RTS feels like one of those genres most people just never touch beyond a Starcraft. It makes sense with them being primarily located on PC. I just never really cared as they feel time sensitive to me and I don't want to worry about timed things in games.
Maybe on Ultimax. I'm not sure if I'd want to take the leap of faith, but eh. It's just one of those genres I wouldn't feel comfortable touching until I know I can play majority of my matches without knowing it's my fault.
Yeah, I assume there's not a lot of FGC stuff going on in Kentucky. There's something probably, but not sure if I'd really want to get involved. Don't have any friends into fighting games either. If I were to ever get into them then I'd have to live off a lot of matches gotten in this thread. I've also mashed my whole life up until a few years ago, but even then I still am bad because I know nothing.
I've been on PC for a good 7 or 8 years. I have no idea how I've never played a single one. I don't think I could tell you which screenshot of Starcraft is which. Feels weird being ignorant.

Feeling kinda guilty for your connection is totally a real thing. Despite it working pretty well, I definitely had times where people denied my match in ranked or whatever and I've felt terrible in other multiplayer games, where connections would just die.

If there's a Kentucky FGC I'd be fucking amazed. Becoming decent and not-mashy isn't that hard though. You just learn your normals and specials, and learn when to apply them. You end up worlds better than mashing.

Oh, leo's actually got a guaranteed link
that I suck at
from blitzschlag to ik even on block thanks to the mash-stun state of the move. I was also sad how many times i fucked up my super and instead just did that cross-up move directly into match loss.

Seriously? Gotta say that sounds a little cheap...

Potemkin has some really cool stuff with his command grab I wish I could do, but the input is insane.

semisonic

Banned
Have you tried Kingdom under fire?
Those games are on console and kick ass both in that they're cool and fucking outrageously hard.
Seriously, they're nuts.

Jman014

Nidhogg and dark souls for multiplayer. And PSO2 still, but I'm never expecting anyone here
or anywhere, really
to get an account because it was kinda a pain in the dick.

I hate GFWL but I like Steam. Don't like Origin or Uplay that much either but eh, not as bad as GFWL
I've been on PC for a good 7 or 8 years. I have no idea how I've never played a single one. I don't think I could tell you which screenshot of Starcraft is which. Feels weird being ignorant.

Well if you ever wanna check out RTS on PC try Dawn of War 2 Retribution. It's not as punishing as StarCraft since it's not really the same kind of RTS

I don't know what's more sad, DSP himself, the guy who spends countless hours watching entire playthroughs of him, sifting through them looking for bad moments and editing them together while also adding youtube comments to the mix, or the people who watch his vids in an attempt to make them feel better about themselves.

The answer is DSP himself
Give in harder, tho.

It's already on my list

semisonic

Banned
Seriously? Gotta say that sounds a little cheap...

Potemkin has some really cool stuff with his command grab I wish I could do, but the input is insane.

Yeah, but blitzschlag has no super armor and a massive start-up and
I don't actually know for sure whether it's a thing because I've never looked it up. But let me dream...

Squishy3

I hate GFWL but I like Steam. Don't like Origin or Uplay that much either but eh, not as bad as GFWL

Well if you ever wanna check out RTS on PC try Dawn of War 2 Retribution. It's not as punishing as StarCraft since it's not really the same kind of RTS
Uplay is convinced my Farcry 3 isn't registered to my Uplay account despite it being in my library. It asks me to put in my CD key which it then says is invalid. I've never had any problems with GFWL when it was around, so anecdotally, Uplay is worse.

(Or in the case of SF4, the switch from GFWL to Steamworks made online play significantly worse. :p)

Yeah, but blitzschlag has no super armor and a massive start-up and
I don't actually know for sure whether it's a thing because I've never looked it up. But let me dream...

Oh, okay.
Cause I was gonna say before that, I really think the cheapness of Leo is really overblown... but it seems to just be a thing in the fgc to claim every dlc character is broken and evil I'm finding out, lol.

I don't know what's more sad, DSP himself, the guy who spends countless hours watching entire playthroughs of him, sifting through them looking for bad moments and editing them together while also adding youtube comments to the mix, or the people who watch his vids in an attempt to make them feel better about themselves.
I would say it's DSP himself, I heard a lot of his Mods for twitch and his own website left him because they couldn't put up with his bullshit anymore

Jman014

Uplay is convinced my Farcry 3 isn't registered to my Uplay account despite it being in my library. It asks me to put in my CD key which it then says is invalid. I've never had any problems with GFWL when it was around, so anecdotally, Uplay is worse.

(Or in the case of SF4, the switch from GFWL to Steamworks made online play significantly worse. :p)

It would be nice if Anno 2070 and Might and Magic Heroes 6 just used Steam, but oh well. I really like those games. Speaking of which, I want a sequel to Anno 2070 with moar cool future shit. Have you played Anno 2070 before?

Skrams

Have you tried Kingdom under fire?
Those games are on console and kick ass both in that they're cool and fucking outrageously hard.
Seriously, they're nuts.

They've always seemed way more interesting to me than any other RTS since it has a focus on single player. Never did try them though. Only other thing I remember is that the 2nd game is taking forever to be made I think. Also really bad bikini armor or something.

Joke's on you, I had already given in by the time I wrote that.

Same. Time to watch episode 1 while eating because fuck it.

He is indeed a piece of shit, but why are there so many people obsessed with him? It comes off as a "I hate him! But I'm going to spend hours upon hours of watching him play and just rub my nipples at the thought of how much better I am and how shit he is" kind of situation.

Pretty much.

Mainly it's just funny how much he fucks up.

Xiraiya

He is indeed a piece of shit, but why are there so many people obsessed with him? It comes off as a "I hate him! But I'm going to spend hours upon hours of watching him play and just rub my nipples at the thought of how much better I am and how shit he is" kind of situation.

I think it's more of a morbid curiosity thing, I've never been to DSP's channel but I've seen some of the compilation videos before, it's really entertaining.

Top Bottom