• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Wonderful 101 remains on the shelf. I've been playing tiny bits of Dragonfall
I'm practically at end game now I think. I'm back at the manor after APEX
and making slow progress in Persona Q as well.

Might play some more MH3U during the podcast tomorrow. Or Hearthstone. Whatever I can grab at the time.

croten

I like the Downpour LP a lot more than Homecoming. The Homecoming LP started boring Matt to death, and Pat's rage hardly lasted and felt more like dissapointment.

Downpour is really relaxed, and more of just a general "good feeling". Nothing super standout, but it's really consistent and enjoyable.

I should watch downpour again, though I'm already busy with the current LPs

sjay1994

Well yeah, thats the whole point. It's the same as the sadness trilogy.

I though the indigo prophecy and Beyond LP's were great since I saw those games for the first time, and had similar reactions to them.

Heavy Rain is a bit different, since I played it before hand, I did like it. The LP exposed a lot of that games flaws I didn't see. I still kinda like heavy rain tho.

Still the sadness trilogy is pretty solid.

I though the indigo prophecy and Beyond LP's were great since I saw those games for the first time, and had similar reactions to them.

Heavy Rain is a bit different, since I played it before hand, I did like it. The LP exposed a lot of that games flaws I didn't see. I still kinda like heavy rain tho.

Still the sadness trilogy is pretty solid.
I actually really dislike the Beyond playthrough. It's super one-note of shitting on it, without anything else. I don't really think the game deserved better, but it wasn't a fun watch, at least for me.

I like Heavy Rain more than Indigo just for being a more interesting mixed bag to talk about but I like both a lot more than Beyond.

I am so excited for reactions to this SH2 part.
It works on a gameplay level, but I think it's
the best parody of doing mundane work just to be able to have fun. It's perfect in being so tedious,

Its so boring its almost amazing.

I guess it depends on whether or not he's in a full creative lead? If I recall stuff like Lollipop Chainsaw, SotD, and Killer is Dead didn't have him as the director. Considering he had a distinct vision for all the earlier games he worked on that must be the case.

I forgot that he hasn't really directed any games since NMH. I guess that actually makes sense now that I think about it. Well he is directing Let it Die so I guess that's more reason to have hope.

sjay1994

I actually really dislike the Beyond playthrough. It's super one-note of shitting on it, without anything else. I don't really thing the game deserved better, but it wasn't a fun watch, at least for me.

I like Heavy Rain more than Indigo just for being a more interesting mixed bag to talk about but I like both a lot more than Beyond.

The heavy rain LP was informative for me.

I will agree that the beyond LP is one note and its mostly just them shitting on it, but imo I did approve since I felt that Beyond is easily the worst game of the 3.

Xiraiya

I enjoyed watching Heavy Rain despite it's lying to the player bullshit, and I actually really like SOME things about Beyond as a game/story, but hate so many other things about it.

I watched a thing with Beloved where the entire game's cutscenes were chopped up into chronological order, it was much more enjoyable that way as a story honestly (Still riddled with dumb moments).
David Cage could have gotten away with the jumbled segments IF he had put part of the end game scene at the start giving context as to why things are presented like that, and also not flipflop quite so violently.

I always feel like Cage is finding these amazing concepts that someone else created and then forgot about, so then he just takes them and start's shitting all over them and then presenting the result to the public.

The heavy rain LP was informative for me.

I will agree that the beyond LP is one note and its mostly just them shitting on it, but imo I did approve since I felt that Beyond is easily the worst game of the 3.

Beyond isn't just the worst one, it's also super boring. The LP was fine, even though I probably won't watch it again.

360pages

I enjoyed watching Heavy Rain despite it's lying to the player bullshit, and I actually really like SOME things about Beyond as a game/story, but hate so many other things about it.

I watched a thing with Beloved where the entire game's cutscenes were chopped up into chronological order, it was much more enjoyable that way as a story honestly (Still riddled with dumb moments).
David Cage could have gotten away with the jumbled segments IF he had put part of the end game scene at the start giving context as to why things are presented like that, and also not flipflop quite so violently.

I always feel like Cage is finding these amazing concepts that someone else created and then forgot about, so then he just takes them and start's shitting all over them and then presenting the result to the public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOiINQczwZs

Never forget.

They should make their own Compilations after the LPs. Just so I can watch the best part.

For contrast Deadly Premonition and D4 are exciting concepts with tons of charm and fun mixed in.
They should make their own Compilations after the LPs. Just so I can watch the best part.
Those yearly Best Of compilations are fun.

So because of the storm and WWE being cancelled this week the royal rumble is on TV for free. What the hell is DDP doing in the ring? I know people were saying a bunch of old men came back but I didn't expect that

Jman014

What the fuck
tumblr_nio0cvZ9yu1rhdfzmo1_540.png

So just beat gat outta hell.
It really feels like that ending was a jab at mass effect. I want to say it is.
That's what others told me
So because of the storm and WWE being cancelled this week the royal rumble is on TV for free. What the hell is DDP doing in the ring? I know people were saying a bunch of old men came back but I didn't expect that

Poor Boogeyman!

You guys liked Her? I think it really went over my head or something, it felt like slightly cleaned up short story I could've read online on a fanfiction site.

Fun fact, it was the first R rated movie I saw in a theater. What a rebel I am.

Wednesday

You guys liked Her? I think it really went over my head or something, it felt like slightly cleaned up short story I could've read online on a fanfiction site.

The last movie I saw was the raid 2. Going to this type of film was a palate cleanser and Joakim making him comeback since Gladiator.

First R Rated film I saw in theaters was the Halloween remake.

sjay1994

The first R rated movie I saw in a theater was Prometheus.

It was also the first time I left a theater pretty fucking mad.

Top Bottom