• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Xiraiya

Unsure-Larry-David.gif
One Piece's Usopp, as drawn by Hideaki Sorachi

Is this gonna be like that w101 thing where you'll say 'you haven't seen anything yet' all the time?
Ehh, not really. There's no escalation like W101 or Gurren Lagann. Each Part is pretty different despite building off of each other and how eventually some enemies get ridiculous. I just meant the Western music references go nuts.

Squishy3

That's fucking radical. Heavy metal references abound.
It's like you've purposely avoided all talk of Jojo or something in this thread and didn't know everything is named after musicians.

Waiting for your thread 2 years from now where you talk about how terrible of a name the New 3DS is.

I don't know how long the other parts are, but we got 3 parts in 3 years. And that's mostly because of the year and a half delay between parts 2 and 3. If David Productions continues doing nothing but Jojo I can see us reaching part 6 before a decade passes.
Considering the delay in the middle of Part 3 it's hard to judge. It doesn't help that the later parts of JoJo aren't as popular as Stardust Crusaders.
I'm pretty sure that one of the stands in the later parts is called Metallica.
Plus, Dok, Esidisi is really AC/DC

ultimax

Considering the delay in the middle of Part 3 it's hard to judge. It doesn't help that the later parts of JoJo aren't as popular as Stardust Crusaders.

They'll probably do Part 4 (at least i hope so), but do you think they'd actually bother with Part 5? I don't think i've ever seen people say good things about it

Squishy3

They'll probably do Part 4 (at least i hope so), but do you think they'd actually bother with Part 5? I don't think i've ever seen people say good things about it
Nobody you've seen talk about part 5 say good things about part 5 because everyone's read the translation by the group that just made things up. It's not even bad good like Duwang, it's just ignorantly incompetent.

demidar

They'll make a cool-ass OP for Part 5, then when it finishes there's a title card that just says "Yes" and then Part 6 starts with a new OP in the very same episode.

It's actually really popular in other parts of the world. Probably second to 3.

I still think it wouldn't take 10 years to do 3 parts of Jojo unless the delays between parts are really that long. That's like a Hunter x Hunter kind of delay.

Top Bottom