• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

So I'm I the only one who used Sharla?

I used all of the characters. I rotated everyone to help keep the combat fresh even after 60 hours.

Sharla is great for healing, until you realize that Xenoblade's battles are just DPS races where the OP team I mentioned easily wins out 99% of the time. I only had a huge problem with one boss where I was forced to use Sharla to keep healing.

Neol

Sooooo, apparently, despite knowing absolutely jack shit about mahjong (still unchanged), I really like Akagi. I don't get the stupidly complex rules, but I do get gambling mindgames and death games!

The protag is nicely "lie, cheat, steal". Plays chicken with cars already at age of 13
Soundtrack's nice too

Gintama's gambling/mahjong episode made me watch it!

Have you watched Kaiji? If you haven't watch Kaiji.

Kaiji is fucking great.

Xiraiya

Yeah, Gintama takes a fucking eternity to actually get good. The two-parter first episode is pretty bad, the first funny episode is like episode 8, first hilarious one was either 24 or 25
Yeah, I'd say the first 20 are skippable if you're really that picky, but you run the risk of not knowing who some of the main cast are, that and most of Gintama's entertainment relies on knowing/understanding the characters well.

The 2 part first episode special is filler though, Episode 3 is where the Manga starts.

Beloved

Any continuity? Or are most episodes seperated entirely?

There is an overarching plot and nearly every character, no matter how minor, will be seen again in later episodes.

There are also various serious story arcs with impact on the overall development of the show/manga and the main characters etc.

I used all of the characters. I rotated everyone to help keep the combat fresh even after 60 hours.

Sharla is great for healing, until you realize that Xenoblade's battles are just DPS races where the OP team I mentioned easily wins out 99% of the time. I only had a huge problem with one boss where I was forced to use Sharla to keep healing.

Regular enemies i can see but i have no clue how you can survive long enough without healing on the bosses though. I only used Melia/Dunban/Sharla to carry me all the way through to the end

Xiraiya

Any continuity? Or are most episodes seperated entirely?

Some stories are 1 episode long, most are 2 or 3 episode short stories that are generally either really hilarious or great slice of life plots. There is an overall worldly persistence to everything regardless, and as the series progresses more serious arcs that are longer and pretty important to the setting start to emerge, they usually have some really good fights.

There IS a plot, it just doesn't show up that frequently since things take a long time to setup.

The Manga right now is completely insane in all the hypest ways.

How many times must we say "Gintama is awesome" and repeat this cycle of people asking about but never watching it?

Just watch it or don't guys.

Regular enemies i can see but i have no clue how you can survive long enough without healing on the bosses though. I only used Melia/Dunban/Sharla to carry me all the way through to the end

Seven can heal itself. Shulk can heal anyone with a weak heal spell, but it does the job. As for Dunban, if you can even manage to hit him, Shulk can heal him faster than he gets damaged.

Zenfalcia

Woolie somehow read Prison school. And I refuse to believe that I am not somehow responisble for that. Who else is pushing Prison school?

Other people telling him IRL or tweeting at him. I dunno tons of ways.
How many times must we say "Gintama is awesome" and repeat this cycle of people asking about but never watching it?

Just watch it or don't guys.

You need to say it until people watch it.

Some stories are 1 episode long, most are 2 or 3 episode short stories that are generally either really hilarious or great slice of life plots. There is an overall worldly persistence to everything regardless, and as the series progresses more serious arcs that are longer and pretty important to the setting start to emerge, they usually have some really good fights.

There IS a plot, it just doesn't show up that frequently since things take a long time to setup.

The Manga right now is completely insane in all the hypest ways.
Got a good place to read it? I'll check it out.

just get one of the best friends to watch the Character Poll Arc

They wouldn't get it. Almost every real arc in the series is highly character based.

Besides, any talk of Zabiatsu watching it is completely out of the question. All of them except for Pat are extremely stupid when it comes to watching anything with more than 20-ish episodes claiming they don't have time. Not like anyone said marathon it.

Xiraiya

They wouldn't get it. Almost every real arc in the series is highly character based.
Well, it depends on the mindset they'd have at the time of watching it because of the fact it's mainly about JUMP's way of doing things, but you're most likely right.

Nothing, I just don't want to talk about a show I'll never watch.
Oh I know that feel, every day in this thread it's discussions about shows I'll never watch.

Xiraiya

You guys should just watch One Piece so we can make this OT about OP.

I always really enjoy One Piece when I'm watching/reading it, but I never think to myself "I really want to watch One Piece"
Even though it's such a solid manga, it's never really resonated with me as well as I would have liked.

Top Bottom