• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

semisonic

Banned
FUCKING STOP IT XIRAIYA I AM FREAKING THE FUCK OUT TOO MUCH TO EVEN SPELL YOUR USERNAME RIGHT FUCK

HOPEFULLY THIS POST IS LONG ENOUGH NOW THAT I CAN'T SEE IT AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN

Oh we're posting spiders, here's a small'ish one.
18WclL.jpg

That the Huntsman spider we hear so much about?

Looks like a bad motherfucker.

What non canon movie were you talking about
Well it started with me saying that Battle of Gods happened and he said "well yeah it happens before GT." And then I had to explain to him that GT never happened and how all the DBZ movies never happened except BOG, I went on for like 5 minutes explaining how Cooler doesnt fit anywhere in the timeline.
It actually started with me talking about the new naruto movie which is actually canon.

Jman014

Fucking sick man.

10/10 Would claim as pet and feed crickets.

Going by your name Mr Bananarama I'd assume you have a banana spider to protect your home, so that when a home invader breaks in to steal your shit he takes one look at your banana spider and nopes out of there.

semisonic

Banned
Playing it with Matt and Pat talkign over it is nothing like playing it yourself. Being lost in the streets at night is the scariest shit I've experienced.

Silent Hill 1 and 3 are more classic horror, but Silent Hill 2 has some fucking moments.

The first time I ever saw that scare where it slithers out from under the van I dropped the controller.
I'm kinda a baby when it comes to spooks.
Still beat it tho

I understand that they need to exist, but fuck them anyway. If only something so useful didn't have to be so terrifyingly disgusting.

They're actually incredibly clean animals, disgusting really isn't the word, more so misunderstood. They eat their food and then wrap it up and throw it away.

The first time I ever saw that scare where it slithers out from under the van I dropped the controller.
I'm kinda a baby when it comes to spooks.
Still beat it tho
I had to shut off Silent Hill 2 and 3 at certain points due to babbiness. Almost anyone can get through the games though.

semisonic

Banned
<.< Aw..I'm sorry, if it makes you feel any better, without Spiders 90% of us would be over run with mosquitoes and other insects.

Jokes on you, I can just open in new tab and look at the thumbnail :p

Do you know why I go to the internet?
So I don't have to deal with that terrifying shit.
Spiders are cool, and I'm even cool with having them on the other side of the room, but if they get too close...
I will run out and find a braver man or woman than myself to kill it for me

Do you know why I go to the internet?
So I don't have to deal with that terrifying shit.
Spiders are cool, and I'm even cool with having them on the other side of the room, but if they get too close...
I will run out and find a braver man or woman than myself to kill it for me
The internet is full of terrifying shit man. The world is as a whole, you just gotta deal with it.
You're right, I should have said disgusting looking.
Some breeds of spiders are actually some of the most beautiful animals on the planet, but I digress, it's your opinion and I shall respect it.

ultimax

I don't like the beserk op.
Tell me why.
hehehe
Well it started with me saying that Battle of Gods happened and he said "well yeah it happens before GT." And then I had to explain to him that GT never happened and how all the DBZ movies never happened except BOG, I went on for like 5 minutes explaining how Cooler doesnt fit anywhere in the timeline.
It actually started with me talking about the new naruto movie which is actually canon.
Ohh right. I kinda want to watch BOG, I heard it was pretty good.

The internet is full of terrifying shit man. The world is as a whole, you just gotta deal with it.
Some breeds of spiders are actually some of the most beautiful animals on the planet, but I digress, it's your opinion and I shall respect it.
You're not gonna convince people who have a phobia dude. The definition of it is overwhelming, unreasonable fear.

Ilvocare

Oh God, how long has it been since I was gone? Trapped in an endless sea of Tell Me Why links...

Shitty day at my uni aside, what's happening guys?

semisonic

Banned
You're not gonna convince people who have a phobia dude. The definition of it is overwhelming, unreasonable fear.

I fully understand that spiders do more good than harm.
Hell, I used to love and study them as a kid, until I had a stupid trauma that made me fucking terrified of them.
The fact I had studied them and found out how many poisonous and deadly varieties there are actually made it worse for me.
I try to control it, and succeed to some extent. But it's bad. One time driving on the highway in driver's ed, a fucking spider started crawling up my pants, and I barely managed to not crash the car until we could get to a parking lot to change drivers. I was basically incoherent by the end of it, and I nearly burst out into fucking tears.
All from a tiny little spider that was a harmless variety. And I knew it was a harmless variety.
Phobias are some serious shit, man.
And no rationality's gonna make that better.
You thought it was going to be cringegaf.
But then the realgaf came.

I had to shut off Silent Hill 2 and 3 at certain points due to babbiness. Almost anyone can get through the games though.
Having been playing Silent Hill 2 on my own, I feel like it falls into the same problem I have with horror games (with the exception being Alien Isolation). Basically the game selling itself as horror ends up diminishing the impact somewhat as my expectations for what's scary end up being way different than what's actually there.

It's why the scariest moments I've had in games I feel like are games that aren't designed as horror experiences first. Stuff like the undead levels in Thief or Ravenholm in Half-Life 2 have had me more on edge and stressed out than anything in Silent Hill 2 so far. It's a great game, but it's not scary to me.

Top Bottom