• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

My one friend is in the military and someone found out that he liked anime. This specific person would not stop calling him senpai after finding out. My friend got really annoyed by it and so he tricked this guy into saying senpai in front of the drill sergeant. The drill sergeant went off on him, but he also knew some anime lingo and was screaming at him calling him onii chan. The punishment after the yelling was that everyone had to call that person onii chan for the rest of the week. This is the basics of that story.

Amaaaaazing.

demidar

My one friend is in the military and someone found out that he liked anime. This specific person would not stop calling him senpai after finding out. My friend got really annoyed by it and so he tricked this guy into saying senpai in front of the drill sergeant. The drill sergeant went off on him, but he also knew some anime lingo and was screaming at him calling him onii chan. The punishment after the yelling was that everyone had to call that person onii chan for the rest of the week. This is the basics of that story.

A drill sergeant who knows anime lingo. How truly frightening.

I bet his favourite rabu rive is Nico.

My one friend is in the military and someone found out that he liked anime. This specific person would not stop calling him senpai after finding out. My friend got really annoyed by it and so he tricked this guy into saying senpai in front of the drill sergeant. The drill sergeant went off on him, but he also knew some anime lingo and was screaming at him calling him onii chan. The punishment after the yelling was that everyone had to call that person onii chan for the rest of the week. This is just the basics of that story.

Your story just reminded me that we should get a slice of life military anime with goofy soldier guys doing dumb things during a war, like M.A.S.H.

Alfebit

Banned
the heck you guys doin in he-

oh
Join in on the Love Live.
My one friend is in the military and someone found out that he liked anime. This specific person would not stop calling him senpai after finding out. My friend got really annoyed by it and so he tricked this guy into saying senpai in front of the drill sergeant. The drill sergeant went off on him, but he also knew some anime lingo and was screaming at him calling him onii chan. The punishment after the yelling was that everyone had to call that person onii chan for the rest of the week. This is just the basics of that story.
Oh man, just picturing some tough military man screaming onii-chan is giving me the giggles.

So I just finished Deadly Class volume 1 by Rick Remender
3591672-screen+shot+2014-01-22+at+9.49.18+am.png
It's pretty great. Beautiful artwork

Join in on the Love Live.
Oh man, just picturing some tough military man screaming onii-chan is giving me the giggles.

Don't giggle in front of a drill Sargent.

You'll be doing push-ups and running while being screaming at.

Um.. there's military animes.. but not soldier guys doing dumb stuff.. usually girls with guns... or tanks... >_>

There's no Anime M.A.S.H. ? Really?

That's one of the easier adaptations that can be made and be crazy successful in America.

The military allows you to have figures?

And no one has been a shit you about them?

... That just shatters every image I have of the military being uber macho tough guys.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Uber macho tough guys? Nah brah.

Maybe in the Marines, or the Rangers or something they may give you shit, but this is the Air Force. We got nerds everywhere.

Hell, my supervisors liked my collection. And my Max Factory Tharja.

wNdTBGf.gif

Most of my family has been in the Marines. Those fuckers are serious. I once spent a weekend with a bunch of them drinking and they are deadly serious about everything, they think they're so cool, to the point where they messed up with girls by refusing to act even remotely silly.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Uber macho tough guys? Nah brah.

Maybe in the Marines, or the Rangers or something they may give you shit, but this is the Air Force. We got nerds everywhere.

Oh.

You guys should definitely start playing FE, FF Tactics, and Valkyrian Chronicles on base and bring some of that strategy into the Air Force.

The Air Force could use more animu.

I'd be down to clown with F-18s if they were painted super anime looking.

Important question

What is your stand?
N'Sync
a stand that takes on the form of 5 different looking humanoid stands with moderate strength each.
The stands main focus is to confuse the enemy into thinking I have more than one stand and make them lose track of where the main stand is.
They all mimic the actions of the main body.

Important question

What is your stand?

In real life? Why Can't We Be Friends/Just A Friend. It makes everyone's first impression of me positive, and pushes them to continue to like me.
In fake, it's Za Sturokesa, and it lets me draw things to life and control them, the twist being that I'm a bad artist. All the makings of a fan-favorite sidekick character with a couple cool moments.

Top Bottom