• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Jman014

You'd have to intentionally go out of your way to avoid EVER buying a Japanese game.

It screams "I'm a fucking idiot" if there are people who are so dense as to do this.

tumblr_lpyvxmhCHX1qbz0sko1_400.gif

Jman014

Most Western games just don't interest me from a writing, gameplay or artistic standpoint. I primarily play JRPGs and tactics games, which are hard to find consistently in the West. Even the Western made Japanese styled RPGs just aren't really what I'd call stellar and tactics games are really rare and mostly look fuck-ugly.

I am the opposite of u

ultimax

I'm sorry! I can't help it! I'm a dirty, filthy videogame player.

STAY AWAY, DON'T LET IT GET YOU TOO!
I'd never do such a terrible thing. Video Games? Please, dont make me laugh!
SPEAKING OF SHILLING, I heard that I'm doing a Dark Souls LP with my best friend right now!

You can watch me use magic and fuck the game up RIGHT HERE!
First couple parts are pretty formal, we loosen up later on.

im really looking forward to the rest of this.
and you should totally go back and do Sonic Adventure 1 in the future ;P lol

You'd have to intentionally go out of your way to avoid EVER buying a Japanese game.

It screams "I'm a fucking idiot" if there are people who are so dense as to do this.
I rarely hear people trying to avoid buying Japanese games. The most I'll hear is that they don't buy games with an anime art style.

I had a "friend" who dismiss any game that wasn't made in glorious Nippon.

360pages

Most Western games just don't interest me from a writing, gameplay or artistic standpoint. I primarily play JRPGs and tactics games, which are hard to find consistently in the West. Even the Western made Japanese styled RPGs just aren't really what I'd call stellar and tactics games are really rare and mostly look fuck-ugly.

How I feel honestly

Hey guys, I've been gone all day after getting my fillings. Boy having half your mouth numb is shit. What I miss?

Serious writing talk, Female ghostbusters, we buttered our poopers, Woolvangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Steal, Spanking, and now people who refuse to buy games from a region (and some people who just happen to not having their genres made in those regions).

Also, Video Games are terrible.

im really looking forward to the rest of this.
and you should totally go back and do Sonic Adventure 1 in the future ;P lol

In the next part we shit talk Zed and Yukiko. Please be excite.

And I'd totally do that in the future, but I'm pretty sure my friend would kill himself/just not do it. I broached the subject of Shadow the Hedgehog and he just said "No." instantly.

In the next part we shit talk Zed and Yukiko. Please be excite.

And I'd totally do that in the future, but I'm pretty sure my friend would kill himself/just not do it. I broached the subject of Shadow the Hedgehog and he just said "No." instantly.
You see a million faces, black writing's on the wall though.

I'm also excited for your Dark Souls playthrough.

sjay1994

Just started Remake...

Holy shit, I keep getting bodied by this fucking dog.

It tackles and insta kills me....

Maybe a poor idea to use knife only on my first run.

croten

Serious writing talk, Female ghostbusters, we buttered our poopers, Woolvangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Steal, Spanking, and now people who refuse to buy games from a region (and some people who just happen to not having their genres made in those regions).

Also, Video Games are terrible.
Huh. Well whatever you are into I guess.

I rarely hear people trying to avoid buying Japanese games. The most I'll hear is that they don't buy games with an anime art style.

I had a "friend" who dismiss any game that wasn't made in glorious Nippon.

Which I understand. Art Aesthetics are not for everyone. It's the same reasoning I hear for people who're sick of "babby" looking Mario games.

That's their perogative.

But to willingly go out of the way to avoid consuming Japanese VG products, in a market they dominate no less, there's some willful ignorance going on.

Oberon

Banned
Oberon and Aaron at least you guys just aren't interested on a case by case basis. So I guess it's just something common in games you guys aren't interested in? That's fine.!

Most games I have personally bought are for 3DS and WiiIu gamesm so there's that too.

Jman014

Which I understand. Art Aesthetics are not for everyone. It's the same reasoning I hear for people who're sick of "babby" looking Mario games.

That's their perogative.

But to willingly go out of the way to avoid consuming Japanese VG products, in a market they dominate no less, there's some willful ignorance going on.
Most of my Steam library consists of Western games but I'd totally play Revengeance 2.

tumblr_n7s5ylvqZV1rogcuio1_500.gif

360pages

I have a few western games, but only ones with a few colorful artstyle. Games like Uncharted and the Witcher can say the hell away from me. But I'm always down for something like Rayman or something more colorful.

It was hilarious to see how hypocritical he was. We were talking about Dark Souls, and he bitched that it was some shitty Western title, and we shouldn't be wasting our time on it. Then we told him that From is a Japanese company, and his attitude turned 180 degrees.

mike0dude

It was hilarious to see how hypocritical he was. We were talking about Dark Souls, and he bitched that it was some shitty Western title, and we shouldn't be wasting our time on it. Then we told him that From is a Japanese company, and his attitude turned 180 degrees.

who?

I have a few western games, but only ones with a few colorful artstyle. Games like Uncharted and the Witcher can say the hell away from me. But I'm always down for something like Rayman or something more colorful.

Uncharted is colorful as hell. So is the Witcher.

I think you're confusing color with a realistic artstyle.

I've never known anyone who valued art design that much. Do you stay away from other countries' grittier/more realistic artstyle games?

Also, The Witcher is Polish.
Lol

sjay1994

Yeah, I knew a guy like that as well.

He kept shit talking western developers. I think the most hilarious thing was how much he shit talked Last of Us, saying its just a RE4 ripoff, that ND are talentless hacks, and that Mikamis Project Zwei (The evil within) would show everyone how inferior ND is.

sjay1994

Uncharted and Witcher are colorful though.

I think you have color confused with artstyle.

That's their perogative.

They don't dominate this market anymore.

I have no idea what I lean towards. I don't think I've ever put this much thought into the country of origin of my games. I just kinda take them at face value.
New lanyard came today! Broke my old one at my friend's house.
Like my old one more, but this shit was cheap.
I'll Miku Miku you (for reals)

360pages

I've never known anyone who valued art design that much. Do you stay away from other countries' grittier/more realistic artstyle games?

Also, The Witcher is Polish.

Lol

Eh, if the art isn't sticking enough for me then I can't get into it. Uncharted is a fun series though, I just prefer something more cartoony or stylized.

I like how Castle Crashers and Super Meatboy as well.

Top Bottom