• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

360pages

Game of Thrones...er, I wish the game wasn't a TellTale one, because it really killed me looking into more of the series. Though I don't know if I would have liked it anyway.

Perfect example that graphics don't make a fun game.

Being in highschool and constantly hearing the argument that 'the graphics are so good!' as their main reason for buying games really irks me.
Good thing they aren't my friends.
You know what game taught me never to get hyped on a game purely for graphics?

Lair.

Jman014

Game of Thrones...er, I wish the game wasn't a TellTale one, because it really killed me looking into more of the series. Though I don't know if I would have liked it anyway.

Yeah GoT by Telltale is as far as I go for getting into Game of Thrones. That and the GoT mod for Crusader Kings 2

Shackzam

ggs, man!
Your millia is pretty good.
But fuck that corner shit.
I really started to fall back into some awful habits near the end there, so that's why it got so much easier.
I got bopped tho
I was trying to get used to millia's strings in this session and started remembering more things that I can do with the Roman cancels. Ggs though, got a lot out of this session.

I have a few western games, but only ones with a few colorful artstyle. Games like Uncharted and the Witcher can say the hell away from me. But I'm always down for something like Rayman or something more colorful.

I think you looked at the wrong games because both of those games are extremely colorful

sjay1994

I know I shouldn't want to...

But I do want to play the order now.

The setting looks cool, the guns are fucking weird, and I like that.

Also, I have played like 5 open world games together in the last 4 months.... I think I need something tight and linear.

Jman014

Also, I have played like 5 open world games together in the last 4 months.... I think I need something tight and linear.

Play Wolfenstein on PC. I THINK that's linear.

The only gun that looks cool in the order is the shot gun

dat spread

360pages

Eh, the last FPS I played a lot and enjoyed was Halo 2. Actually, been probably playing a lot more casual games lately, like the Naruto games and stuff.

Outside of that it's been mainly platformers and Smash on the 3DS. Some RPG's here or there.

Eh, the last FPS I played a lot and enjoyed was Halo 2. Actually, been probably playing a lot more casual games lately, like the Naruto games and stuff.

Outside of that it's been mainly platformers and Smash on the 3DS. Some RPG's here or there.

Naruto is casual?

Seems super niche to me.

I did play it... on PS4 when it came out.

I thought it was ok. Not the "omg, this is the best shooter in years like gaming did"

I hold this opinion, I think its half life 2 tier. But you really shouldn't hold a game up to those standards just because people say it's up to those standards

I walked for about 2 hours today to pick up a copy of Kirby Triple Deluxe because it was cheap. I'm not even going to play it yet. I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know why I bought it anyway, it steals music owned by the Super Best Friend Zaibatsu™.

360pages

I walked for about 2 hours today to pick up a copy of Kirby Triple Deluxe because it was cheap. I'm not even going to play it yet. I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know why I bought it anyway, it steals music owned by the Super Best Friend Zaibatsu™.

Second favorite Kirby game next to Super Star Deluxe.

I love it one of my favorite 3DS and platformers of the Gen.

Nordicus

Everything in western AAA becoming open world RPG/FPS/action/driving/etc game concerns me less because my gaming habits tend to be very indie heavy, and middlebudget/indie level where the treasure trove of rich experiences lies

sjay1994

The only gun that looks cool in the order is the shot gun

dat spread

Nah, that gun that doesn't shoot bullets... but phophorus smoke pellets instead, and then you need to shoot an incendiary grenade into the smoke to ignite it is so fucking weird.

I like weird unorthodox weapons.

Also, that weird tesla gun.

akebwx.gif

Although... I now notice the whack a mole AI

Holy shit, my dad's friend just fucking followed me to the library, ranting again. He talked about his formula again, and compared himself to Newton. He's now ranting at the staff, and is trying to convince them to allow him to teach a class here.

Shovel Knight is not casual.

Only big dick G's play Shovel Knight.
It was my GOTY, but it's not hard. I actually gave it to people who barely play Platformers and they liked it. Difficulty reminds me of Mega Man 2 or Mega Man X with the classic Castlevania knockback, which is more than balanced out with the Phase Locket.

360pages

Shovel Knight is not casual.

Only big dick G's play Shovel Knight.

Shovel Knight is complex for a platformer though it just teaches the player so well that it doesn't overload the player. Though the term casual and hardcore probably shouldn't really apply anymore.

Jman014

I was actually interested in Destiny, with the whole idea of classes and leveling up your suit and weapons. A FPS with RPG elements...then I realized the single player was awful....

I am bothered by the fact that the multiplayer servers for Nexuiz are gone and you can't buy the game from Steam anymore. I would have shilled the shit out of it. I can still play it, but I have to play with bots. Which I don't mind becaues the game is still fun and fast.

Dude, no one played nexuiz
Nah, that gun that doesn't shoot bullets... but phophorus smoke pellets instead, and then you need to shoot an incendiary grenade into the smoke to ignite it is so fucking weird.

I like weird unorthodox weapons.

Also, that weird tesla gun.

akebwx.gif

Although... I now notice the whack a mole AI

I enjoy unorthodox weapons too. It's just that I couldn't give any less of a shit for the order cause it looks so fucking boring.

Top Bottom