• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

sjay1994

Eh, if the art isn't sticking enough for me then I can't get into it. Uncharted is a fun series though, I just prefer something more cartoony or stylized.

I like how Castle Crashers and Super Meatboy as well.

Yo, play Valiant Hearts.

I will push the shit out of that game.

croten

Back from the SNES to GC era, most of my games were japanese.... but since gen 7, I've mostly been playing western games.

That's understandable because western games are more common now, which is annoying to me because since gen 7 most western games have formed into a generic blob of drivel.

Oberon

Banned
image.php

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/533/938/98b.png

hBQ5Myv.png

mike0dude

You guys ever Wonder if there's just a rotating shift of regulars that come into here with different timezones and they never interacted with each other even tho they use the same thread because by the time the other get here the post is buried? so they don't even know each other exist but think THEY are the ones that own this thread?

360pages

I also like how Sunset Overdrive looks...too bad the writing and the nature of the game is super annoying.

If the games were like Spyro, Crash and other games again I wouldn't care. But there are 0 platformers in the west now. Most are just WRPGs and shooters. Neither of which I give a shit about. (I like JRPGs, but almost all WRPGs I played were eh, though the ones I played were Oblivion and Fallout 3) Though I did enjoy my time with Fallout 3...I wouldn't go back to it anytime soon.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I have no idea what I lean towards. I don't think I've ever put this much thought into the country of origin of my games. I just kinda take them at face value.

I'll Miku Miku you (for reals)
I play whatevers good and I am interested in.

Joose pls. People should have kids. By that I mean everyone but me because fuck that shit.

>You get a weeb wife
>You have a kid
>What is the first thing you indoctrinate him with?

I'd immediatley show him Jazz music and then appropriate shows, games, and movies like Adventure Time, My Neighbor Totoro, Legend of Zeldas.

On his 10th birthday I show him Gurren Lagann and have him play the inevitable Final Fantasy VII HD remake.

sjay1994

That's understandable because western games are more common now, which is annoying to me because since gen 7 most western games have formed into a generic blob of drivel.

Yeah, western games all feel like they are merging into one entity now.

Dragon Age Inquisition kinda turned me off western games for a while.

The only 2 games I am hyped for this year are Bloodborne and MGSV.

semisonic

Banned
ggs, man!
Your millia is pretty good.
But fuck that corner shit.
I really started to fall back into some awful habits near the end there, so that's why it got so much easier.
I got bopped tho

You guys ever Wonder if there's just a rotating shift of regulars that come into here with different timezones and they never interacted with each other even tho they use the same thread because by the time the other get here the post is buried? so they don't even know each other exist but think THEY are the ones that own this thread?
This theory would be more sound if I wasn't here 24/7 and read the backlog.
I'm not crazy, shut up.

Keys and my gym keycard.
Ah alright, I don't know how things work
But I need people to take care of me when I'm a crazy old man.
They'll have robots for that
No because I'm always here, watching you all, nothing escapes my eyes.
I sleep sometimes and skip posts when you guys go 88mph

sjay1994

I also like how Sunset Overdrive looks...too bad the writing and the nature of the game is super annoying.

If the games were like Spyro, Crash and other games again I wouldn't care. But there are 0 platformers in the west now. Most are just WRPGs and shooters. Neither of which I give a shit about. (I like JRPGs, but almost all WRPGs I played were eh, though the ones I played were Oblivion and Fallout 3) Though I did enjoy my time with Fallout 3...I wouldn't go back to it anytime soon.

Also that game feels really boring to play. Infamous has that style of gameplay nailed down better.

I thought AC:unity did that to you?

Nah. AC unity just made me hate video games in general for a while. Dragon age just made me not want to play as much western games.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I never leave, so I don't have this problem.

Regarding the whole Western/Japanese game preference thing, given the wide amount of game types I like to play (sports games aside), I really don't have any huge affinity or preference to which part of the world games are made. Especially when those sides of the world were pretty dominant on a particular platform (Japan on consoles, the West on PC), and both instances of when those were at their best have long gone. Both sides have their own share of bullshit that in the end doesn't make any one of them better or worse than the other in my eye.

croten

You mean the US? I'd love to see the current breakdown of the numbers.

Just go into any local game shop and look at the biggest games.
CALL OF DUTY! BATTLEFIELD! DESTINY! HALO! FIFA!
The big names are all Western now. I have to babysit an 11 year old and she laughs at me for having a Wii U. 11 year olds are laughing at people for having Nintendo consoles.

Regarding the whole Western/Japanese game preference thing, given the wide amount of game types I like to play (sports games aside), I really don't have any huge affinity or preference to which part of the world games are made. Especially when those sides of the world were pretty dominant on a particular platform (Japan on consoles, the West on PC), and both instances of when those were at their best have long gone. Both sides have their own share of bullshit that in the end doesn't make any one of them better or worse than the other in my eye.
You're the coolest guy with the cool opinions

Yeah, western games all feel like they are merging into one entity now.

Dragon Age Inquisition kinda turned me off western games for a while.

The only 2 games I am hyped for this year are Bloodborne and MGSV.

I'm not going to let Bioware shit on my joy of my hobby.

Behind Bloodborne and MGSV, Uncharted 4 is a strong number 3.

While I vastly prefer Japanese games as a whole, I will buy every Bioware game regardless of what the general consensus on it is. As long as I can continue to make lesbian elf Miley Cyrus', I'll keep playing them.

Okingjrr

I think most regulars know everyone in the thread. They may have never interacted with each other but they know they exist.

sjay1994

I'm not going to let Bioware shit on my joy of my hobby.

Behind Bloodborne and MGSV, Uncharted 4 is a strong number 3.

Yeah, I can get behind some mass murder of minorities while making wise cracks.

Uncharted 2 is still one of my GOATS.

I feel like DA:I really turned me off on open worlds.

Jman014

I'm looking forward to Shadowrun Hong Kong, Witcher 3 and the rest of GoT and Tales from the Borderlands. I think that covers this year for me until more stuff gets announced. I don't know if that's everything, tho. I tend to forget things.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I bought Cyrsis 2, was super disappointed.

Perfect example that graphics don't make a fun game.

Being in highschool and constantly hearing the argument that 'the graphics are so good!' as their main reason for buying games really irks me.
Good thing they aren't my friends.

Oh my gooooood. That punch fight was the cutest shit I've seen oh my gooddddd
"Hinjaku, hinjaku"
Blast up your ass extreme Yuri pandemonium?
YOU THINK YOU'RE SAFE? GOOD, IGNORANCE IS BLISS UNTIL YOU REALIZE TWO YOUNG GIRLS MASHING MUFFS AT LIGHT SPEED IS THE MOST AROUSING SEX FEST SENSATION YOU'VE EVER LAID EYES UPON.

sjay1994

Perfect example that graphics don't make a fun game.

Being in highschool and constantly hearing the argument that 'the graphics are so good!' as their main reason for buying games really irks me.
Good thing they aren't my friends.

Thats one of the reasons I stopped going to gaming gaf as much. A lot of them have that mentality.

Top Bottom