• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

ultimax

I'm in class I can't click on links. Especially links from you.
it's fiiiiiiiine. just do it tho.
YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
It's really been too long since someone posted that
I miss your old avatar

it's fine! just because Saber isn't my avatar doesnt mean i wont flood the thread with saber gifs
ibfe0i1ZYOix3F.gif

All this power ranger talk...

That was way before my time. I'm at my sexual peak! I don't have time for that!

Clearly you've never seen the Pink Ranger <.<

So guys I have some shitty realgaf to tell you all

So as some of you guys know that I went out and bought shit in preparation for valentines and went out and got my great grandmother's wedding ring to propose to my girlfriend Catherine. But I was like fuck this, I'm going to ask her now(last Saturday). And so after I got out of work and we had went out on a date and
had coitus
and afterwards I brought up marriage and proposed. She said she's not even ready for commitment and that she wants finish school first and see where he modeling takes her. And she didn't want to engaged that long and that I needed to mature and really think long and hard about it this whole thing. And then she got up got dressed and before she left she said maybe we should take a break for a while but keep in touch. And walked out. Right now I'm don't know exactly what I'm feeling but I'm not upset nor sad about all this but I might just still be in shock from it all.

Alright, there are multiple things that are going on here, first off I have no idea how long you guys have been together. Secondly, that's a pretty common thing for girls to want to finish school, next do not freak out she could be backing off because she's not ready or because she wants to test the waters before she buys the boat idk what kind of girl she is.

Tako

So as some of you guys know that I went out and bought shit in preparation for valentines and went out and got my great grandmother's wedding ring to propose to my girlfriend Catherine. But I was like fuck this, I'm going to ask her now(last Saturday). And so after I got out of work and we had went out on a date and
had coitus
and afterwards I brought up marriage and proposed. She said she's not even ready for commitment and that she wants finish school first and see where he modeling takes her. And she didn't want to engaged that long and that I needed to mature and really think long and hard about it this whole thing. And then she got up got dressed and before she left she said maybe we should take a break for a while but keep in touch. And walked out. Right now I'm don't know exactly what I'm feeling but I'm not upset nor sad about all this but I might just still be in shock from it all.

EDIT: Sorry for it being a shitty story, I haven't slept much and school, work and this took a huge toll on me mentally and physically

semisonic

Banned

had coitus

Well holy fuck,I didn't think gaf could get this real
I don't know what to say to you,man.
I'm really sorry to hear that.
Fuck.

sjay1994

had coitus

Fuck me....

Thats too real.

I don't think I can do anything to help you here.

I'm sorry.

had coitus

damn man, sorry to hear that

Squishy3

I would, but my net's been acting up all week and I can barely load up youtube, let alone stream a show.
I would say give it awhile before you watch the anime anyway, since you're fresh off the manga. When you feel like experiencing it again that's when it's time to load up the anime.

had coitus
Hm. I dunno what to tell you, is there anyone you can talk to about in your circle of friends maybe?

had coitus

EDIT: Sorry for it being a shitty story, I haven't slept much and school, work and this took a huge toll on me mentally and physically
Fuckin hell dude, that sucks. I wish I could say more, but damn.

Zenfalcia

had coitus

Well that's a downer. We're here for you if you need help. How long have you been with her?

I would say give it awhile before you watch the anime anyway, since you're fresh off the manga. When you feel like experiencing it again that's when it's time to load up the anime.
I'll prolly do that. Nothin wrong with starting it all over again. This time in color!

Xiraiya

had coitus

In all seriousness though, I'm sorry to hear about that, and you are most definitely in shock, you need time to process it, it sounds like you guys are just at different points in your life, as much as that sucks, it happens sometimes and just cannot be helped. I assume the proposal may have intimidated her, maybe just give her time to sort out her own feelings while you also sort out yours and don't try to pursue the whole matter too hard.

Find something to focus on and get a good night's rest, sleep deprivation will do your state of mind no favors.

Okingjrr

had coitus

That's too real for me, but I'll try.

Didn't she come back from wherever just a few days ago? Maybe give her (and yourself) more time to get back in the groove of things.
I get the school thing. I have a friend that's getting married at the end of the school year. She purposely waited until after school to tie the knot cause stuff.

Breathe a little and try to not think about it so much, I know it's hard but you gotta try.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

had coitus

That really sucks man. I hope everything works out. I don't know how much help we'll all be.

All my close friends are either deployed or moved to another state and are busy with Uni.

2 years, 3 months and 5 days

I'm gonna go with what Xir said, you guys are obviously serious if you've been together for that long. If you weren't dropping subtle hints that you were gonna pop the question you might have genuinely caught her by surprise and she might be sorting out her own feelings. You're in shock though, so just do your best to relax and process the whole situation as calmly as possible.
ALRIGHT HERE'S THE SIGNAL
tumblr_nchpd4YpOB1tktegso1_500.gif
I was really hoping it would of been the Ahegao aaron picture, but that's still adorable.

had coitus

Ah jeez im so sorry to hear that tako. I hope things work out between you two :( sorry I cant help at all.

had coitus

I really wish I could be a help, but I simply cannot.

Take this slow. Understand that this is not an end. And also understand that no one is at fault here.

had coitus

Ah geez, I'm really sorry. Saying "feel better" in this situation is like putting a band-aid on a stab wound, but I really hope things get better from here for you. Stay strong dude, things will turn around.

Tako

I'm gonna go with what Xir said, you guys are obviously serious if you've been together for that long. If you weren't dropping subtle hints that you were gonna pop the question you might have genuinely caught her by surprise and she might be sorting out her own feelings. You're in shock though, so just do your best to relax and process the whole situation as calmly as possible.

I was really hoping it would of been the Ahegao aaron picture, but that's still adorable.

I dropped hints but I guess she thought I was playing around. But I'm doing sorta ok, I haven't tried calling/texting her, I haven't turned to alcohol
yet
nor self harm. But yeah, I just need to take a breather and kinda just stick with work and school and try not to think about it

Top Bottom