• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

semisonic

Banned
True. Very true.
I haven't heard of it until someone posted it here a few weeks ago and I cant stop singing/humming it

That's cool that you know a guy and i assume talk to him.

I agree that it might have been a little too early or she just wasn't ready for it. I say give it some time and work things out.

As someone who beat every shitty ending I haven't stopped listening since I posted it back then.

ultimax

It's going to take some time to get used to playing love live on my android.
My dumb babby hands are too small so I have to use my index fingers now.
Also, is it just me or does the android version run better than the iOS version?

The game doesn't exactly run the best on my iphone 5s so probably. Shit isn't even full screen!

semisonic

Banned
I should try to reach my former peak in Melee, but I don't have anyone to practice against. For shame.

I only have project m set for netplay, but I can get melee if you wanna play. Tournaments only happen at rochester once a month, and my smash buddy got a girlfriend, so we don't play as much anymore

The game doesn't exactly run the best on my iphone 5s so probably. Shit isn't even full screen!
You can't handle it full screen
320swyu40407.gif

mike0dude

Hey guys whats your biggest pet peeve in RPGs?
Mine is status effects, including death, not going away after battle.

having to use steal to get good items off enemies, either let me find it in a chest or sell it to me. don't make me grind in an area to spam thief or pickpocket to get good items! even worse when the boss characters are the ones who have them on.

semisonic

Banned

Super-hidden items like the cham in skies of arcadia that you basically need a walkthrough to find. ESPECIALLY if they're missable. I'm a completionist, and not being able to 100% a game because I didn't check behind me
metroid prime 2
is forever the worst

Eh. Not really a big deal. Sides, if you got into a fight with a rattler and he bit you, but then you kill it, you won't be like 'aw yeah, he's dead! Now his venom can't kill me!'. Curses, including death, though. That's garbage.

Zenfalcia

Game overs, because they are a failure of the game design.
As someone who beat every shitty ending I haven't stopped listening since I posted it back then.

oh, i was talking about the Berserk op, not shadow the edge hog. I still listen to the song, it's ok.
Every once in a while. Too bad he has shit taste.

Oh... That's a shame..

Xiraiya

Super-hidden items like the cham in skies of arcadia that you basically need a walkthrough to find. ESPECIALLY if they're missable. I'm a completionist, and not being able to 100% a game because I didn't check behind me
metroid prime 2
is forever the worst

I love hidden stuff, I am a completionist also and it drives me crazy if I miss things, but I would hate to be able to just find everything, look at a walkthrough and be like "...I guess that's it then" It's kind of disappointing, I want that walkthrough to be like "YOU HAVE FOUND NOTHING, CHECK THIS SHIT OUT"

semisonic

Banned
I love hidden stuff, I am a completionist also and it drives me crazy if I miss things, but I would hate to be able to just find everything, look at a walkthrough and be like "...I guess that's it then" It's kind of disappointing.

Somebody's never hunted for cham before...

Ilvocare

You guys would probably love Touhou Labyrinth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkUQ1Gw1dSs

It's an RPG with over 30 Playable characters and pretty good gameplay...

I also think it uses the ATB system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXHAL59UVuk

Also, Touhou 2 is far better in terms of visuals and interface.

But does TL2 actually allow you to switch everyone's portraits around?

Man I played quite a bit of the first one, but the difficulty around floor 14 or so just became too much and there were WAAAAAAY too many party members to keep track of. Not to mention that you couldn't be assured that you were the proper level for bosses if you just explored every corner of the place like I did. Once I noticed that I was 5 levels underleveled on average, I just stopped.

Also I think the ATB system is actually a really unwieldy way to play turn-based anything. I can't think of a game I've played where it's enhanced the experience. At least Labyrinth has the excuse that every action tends to only PARTIALLY deplete the meter.

My pet peeve in RPGs is permanently missable ultimate equipment. Or points of no return, in general.

Zenfalcia

But i need that hype nico nico gameplay in full screen! i can handle it!

as much as i disliked watamote, thats pretty great

Was it the second hand embarassement or cringe that put you off? Or just the "story" didn't really appeal to you?
I love hidden stuff, I am a completionist also and it drives me crazy if I miss things, but I would hate to be able to just find everything, look at a walkthrough and be like "...I guess that's it then" It's kind of disappointing.

So, you'd rather finding it yourself even with multiple tries?

Xiraiya

So, you'd rather finding it yourself even with multiple tries?

Oh no I unashamedly use a walkthrough for most RPGs and so on because I hate missing stuff, but I find the process of learning that a secret exists and then finding it in my game to be really fun.

If it makes you hit a wall of enemy difficulty that can only be alleviated by leveling three or four times, especially if you've fought every encounter you've come across I get pretty upset

Then yeah grinding is garbage, but grinding for Purple moss in dark souls to deal with blighttown or something like that is fine imo

So I had a really long day, so I'm gonna go take a nap, I'll be back for shamelessgaf maybe.

Xiraiya

Grinding is a sign that the developer failed.

I think it depends, if you take ONLY the critical path and are able to beat the end boss pretty easily, the game has lost it's purpose as an RPG.
The critical path should result in a much harder (but not impossible) game at the end. Doing every bit of side content should result in you being significantly more capable than the end boss, then if you really want a challenge, secret bosses.

fixing to fight Harvey in No More Heroes
Matt was right, Tsubaki Mk2 really does pack a punch
and that aoe insta kill slash mmm
Even though Harvey is probably my least favorite of the ranked assassins, his scenes and the set up surrounding that fight is pretty great still. Quite a testament to how fucking amazing all the fights are in that game.
Letz Shake included.

ultimax

Was it the second hand embarrassement or cringe that put you off? Or just the "story" didn't really appeal to you?

I just didn't find her awkwardness enjoyable to watch. I can see how it can appeal to some people though. She's a very realistic/relatable character, but ehh, its not for me.

Why would you ever not go master key tho?
If you want the asylum demon's weapon, you can buy it in the forest anyways...
I don't think you can buy the Asylum Demon's Great Hammer. The Taurus Demon's GreatAxe is the one you can buy.

You get the other by trading the sack to the crow. Also it's a terrible weapon.

Wait, what did I miss?
I know i'm replying late, but my dad's conspiracy theorist friend noticed me walking to the library, started to follow me to try to convince me of his shit, and eventually tried to convince the library staff of his Illuminati shit, which made it very awkward.

semisonic

Banned
I don't think you can buy the Asylum Demon's Great Hammer. The Taurus Demon's GreatAxe is the one you can buy.

You get the other by trading the sack to the crow. Also it's a terrible weapon.

Oh.
I've only ever donestarted a fire emblem cosplay run anyways(hector with dragon king greataxe and no shield), so idk.
Cosplay runs are super fun. You should try one.

Top Bottom