• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

I always skip like, 90% of it. You can just jump down to the end of the road before you even start going in.

I really liked season 1, apparently 2 is where it gets shit.

They aren't really a big deal.
I just block and then kick skeletons off the ledges and use throwing knives/bows when I need to take out the lantern guys.

Oh boy, this'll be a treat.
I made it through, somehow I didn't die to the wheel skeletons..that'll probably never happen again.

Xiraiya

tumblr_ndnjgkGKZ81sk3o1to4_1280.png

tumblr_ndnjgkGKZ81sk3o1to7_1280.png
I just went very basic but I also realized this basic look was easily my favorite of the options, I got through Dark Souls with minimal trouble with this stuff.

I think Kalameet was probably the hardest battle in Dark Souls by far, everything else was pretty equally fine.

I just went very basic but I also realized this basic look was easily my favorite of the options, I got through Dark Souls with minimal trouble with this stuff.

I think Kalameet was probably the hardest battle in Dark Souls by far, everything else was pretty equally fine.

Your guy look like Trevor from GTA5.

Had I really just gotten good? Is that why it was so trivial to beat most of the bosses in DS2 (besides the Smelter Demon) and Ornstein and Smough were the hardest thing I've ever done in a video game?
Most of the bosses in DS2 are really easy, they can just be circle strafed or if you're using the greatsword the whole game just goes easy mode.

I'm dreading that god damn fight <.<

Most of the bosses in DS2 are really easy, they can just be circle strafed or if you're using the greatsword the whole game just goes easy mode.

The Greatsword is super overrated.

Kalameet is pretty easy. It is a one shot machine tho, so don't get hit.

Zenfalcia

Okay yeah the Abyss stuff was hard as shit

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I was a cleric the whole game my second time through.

First time through I was a babby and didn't know anything. I had a +10 fire longsword enchanted with lightning. Thought I was hot shit.

Haha I can see it, faces look really odd and different depending on the lighting in DS1, it's that Oblivion facegen shit.

Better image of my DS1 character.

Kalameet was only really hard because of the tail weapon, getting that and then still killing him by yourself is kind of tedious.

The Greatsword is super overrated.

Kalameet is pretty easy. It is a one shot machine tho, so don't get hit.
Yeah that's how you beat every video game, just don't get hit.
I was a cleric the whole game my second time through.

First time through I was a babby and didn't know anything. I had a +10 fire longsword enchanted with lightning. Thought I was hot shit.
I had the greatsword +10 and then switched to the FKGS when I got that, duelwielding them was fun.

There is alot of bullshit in this part. Just every fight, 'aha! I beat you! No, I beat you!' over and over again. Like I love it, but I just think that's a little weird.

Skrams

Had I really just gotten good? Is that why it was so trivial to beat most of the bosses in DS2 (besides the Smelter Demon) and Ornstein and Smough were the hardest thing I've ever done in a video game?

I think DS1 is probably harder, but eh. I've beaten Demons and Dark 2, but not Dark 1 somehow. Played on 360 at release, stopped for no reason, restarted on PC, and then stopped again for no reason. Still know a lot more about it than I should.

Once you know how you like to play the games then they became way easier to handle. It also helps once you understand the systems of upgrading. Most people don't really get upgrading which is why they stuck with the Drake Sword for so long probably. They could of had a claymore with way more damage quickly past that point, but this one does more damage right now so I'll use it. I certainly fell into that trap since I was dumb back when Dark 1 released.

I also used the greatsword during my first playthrough of Dark 2 without knowing anything beforehand. I just wanted to be Guts. It makes the game pretty easy.

Xiraiya

Give me a goddamn Souls game that basically never ends, I'd play one forever that had Sims level of mass expansions (But actually worth their price) with balancing and tweaks in every new edition until the game was goddamn flawless like 8 years after release.
I wouldn't even give a shit, I love how much Souls games feel that I would happily play one for a decade and keep buying shit for it if they kept releasing good and useful content.
I'm talking like the level of content where you're reaching level 700 by the time you reach the end of the game.

Absurd I know, but I want it.

Dark 1 is easier compared to 2. Demon's has some bumps, but I think it's on par with Dark 1.

Dark 1 is trivialized by being able to just circle strafe everything and the damage you take is pretty minimal compared to the other games. You can actually get some damn good defense. I prefer that to [insert Dark Souls 2 rant I've said a thousand times].
Yeah there's Berserk shit all over mine thanks to this thread.

This is your fault goodwil.
I DON'T KNOW WHY
DON'T KNOW WHY
DON'T KNOW WHY YOU 'FRAID~

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Dark 1 is easier compared to 2. Demon's has some bumps, but I think it's on par with Dark 1.

Dark 1 is trivialized by being able to just circle strafe everything and the damage you take is pretty minimal compared to the other games. You can actually get some damn good defense. I prefer that to [insert Dark Souls 2 rant I've said a thousand times].

I DON'T KNOW WHY
DON'T KNOW WHY

The Berserk OP is hilarious to me. I hope it never dies in this thread.

I DON'T KNOW WHY
DON'T KNOW WHY

bE4sITJ.gif

Xiraiya

What? Easier? I think Dark Souls 2 is a Joke compared to 1, I still enjoy 2, but something about the way it feels is not nearly as smooth or good as 1, coming from someone who played them both consecutively and simultaneously, movement in 2 feels like a cheap imitation of 1.

But that cheaper feeling movement also makes it way easier than 1 in some ways, blocking in 2 is garbage, I really despise using a shield in Dark Souls 2, dodging and rolling is just infinitely easier because the hit boxes are garbage and easier to abuse and the parrying no longer makes sense, so rolling and circling is just the easiest way to get through 2.

Circling was effective in 1 as well obviously, but I never felt like rolling was as essential to me in many cases.

What? Easier? I think Dark Souls 2 is a Joke compared to 1, I still enjoy 2, but something about the way it feels is not nearly as smooth or good as 1, coming from someone who played them both consecutively and simultaneously, movement in 2 feels like a cheap imitation of 1.

But that cheaper feeling movement also makes it way easier than 1 in some ways, blocking in 2 is garbage, I really despise using a shield in Dark Souls 2, dodging and rolling is just infinitely easier because the hit boxes are garbage and easier to abuse and the parrying no longer makes sense, so rolling and circling is just the easiest way to get through 2.

Circling was effective in 1 as well obviously, but I never felt like rolling was as essential to me in many cases.
Dark 2 feels worse, yeah, totally, and that's part of why I'd say it's harder. Controls are floatier, mixed with what I've detailed before as lazy encounter design.
YO BUT PATCH BEST GIRL TAIGA TO BE ANYTHING BETTER THAN SHIT-TIER, PLEASE. :(

PATCH BEST GIRL TO BE TOP TIER AND I'M IN
Or Mikasa.

I never use shields, so I wouldn't know anything about how it feels to block, but I know rolling feels quicker, and that you have a ton of invincibility, so it made the game way easier.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'M SO HYPE FOR KIRITO-PUNCHING SIMULATOR 9000, YOU GUYS. AHHHHHHH!

I know there's some Virtua Fighter characters in there (Akira and Pai?), but isn't it mostly filled with Dengeki published characters?

Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles is in there too, and Alicia as an assist. And there's a ton of Sega-themed stages as well.

Ilvocare

Good morning BestGAF! What a day to wake up to. If fucking Fighting Climax is getting localized, does that mean Big Papa Sony is covering the localization for this like how they're doing Yakuza 5? Because I can't imagine Sega covering the licensing fees for these shows...

Top Bottom