• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Why is there a pig in the toilet?
tumblr_n6tiykinha1rl9sqto1_500.gif

Shitty tumblr gif inbound

"I hate you, Batista!" "I hate you, too!"
When you play a character, you can't break kayfabe

So, I'm doing my first DEX run of Dark Souls 1.

Yeah, Magic really doesn't make this game any easier, it just makes everything faster. I'm dying the same amount but fights are just lasting ten times the length and I have fewer options.

Yep, that seems like it wouldn't be a fun relationship to be in, unless you were really dedicated about the relationship.

Imagine it like this, you're talking to someone about something you like, and they just cut you off really obnoxiously and just start going on about something else. That was almost every conversation with her.

Xiraiya

Imagine it like this, you're talking to someone about something you like, and they just cut you off really obnoxiously and just start going on about something else. That was almost every conversation with her.
Doesn't take an experienced person to know that's not how a healthy relationship works.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
It probably just means existing competition between ISPs will pick up, but places with monopolies are still fucked.

I adore basically all music. I have a weird dilemma where I hate looking for new music. I get impatient and frustrated trying to see if I like something new. So games are one of the main ways I find more music, but I seriously adore all kinds. Top 100 hits, random indie acoustic songs, it's all super good.

How music is used in shows and games is absolutely one of my favorite things. It elevates the experience, (for lack of a less snoddy-sounding term). Game music might not be the only thing I listen to, but it's probably what I relisten to most. Metal Gear Rising has had its praises slung far and wide, but I absolutely fucking adore that whole soundtrack.

Jazz 5ever.

Skrams

I7dS2h.gif

More like "The" Antagonist.

Even better then. I just assumed he was one of many antagonists since it was literally just the 20 second preview for the next episode.

Man, I couldn't imagine not loving music outside of anime and games. I mean, don't get me wrong, I listed to a shitload of game and anime music. Tons. But I've got playlist upon playlist of non-anime/game stuff too. If you're like me and the stuff on the radio/TV doesn't appeal to you, just start looking for stuff you like. It's a bit challenging at first, but definitely not impossible. I'd even be happy to help you. I adore music and love helping people discover stuff they like.

I listened to a lot of country growing up on the radio since Kentucky. It's pretty nothing to me most of the time. I can't think of anything on TV that is accompanied by common music all that often besides commercials. Then it's just a 30 second ad and I don't really care. It's also hard to know where to really even begin. First common thing I remember enjoying was Queen. From there on it's sketchy since I can think of things from Guitar Hero or random Daft Punk songs off the top of my head. I'm not sure I'd even be able to describe the things I like about a song in any good detail since ignorance. It's also always been weird not caring about regular music since that's such a common question people like to ask when getting to know you. It's just one of those core pillars that I just sidestepped. For the past 7 years or more I've just listened to podcasts instead to pass the time for drives or whatever else.

I bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

If I cant play it with the gamepad...I kind of dont want to play it.

Then why did you buy it.

Metal Gear Rising has had its praises slung far and wide, but I absolutely fucking adore that whole soundtrack.

I sing It Has To Be This Way to myself when I'm bored a lot. Also when taking 5 minute drives to places. I don't even have the music on. I just sing the lyrics really badly to myself. MGR is really good. Again, those boss battles would not be as wonderful as they are if they didn't have that music.

So, I'm doing my first DEX run of Dark Souls 1.

Yeah, Magic really doesn't make this game any easier, it just makes everything faster. I'm dying the same amount but fights are just lasting ten times the length and I have fewer options.
In a dex build, fights should not be lasting that long. What are you running?

I listened to a lot of country growing up on the radio since Kentucky. It's pretty nothing to me most of the time. I can't think of anything on TV that is accompanied by common music all that often besides commercials. Then it's just a 30 second ad and I don't really care. It's also hard to know where to really even begin. First common thing I remember enjoying was Queen. From there on it's sketchy since I can think of things from Guitar Hero or random Daft Punk songs off the top of my head. I'm not sure I'd even be able to describe the things I like about a song in any good detail since ignorance. It's also always been weird not caring about regular music since that's such a common question people like to ask when getting to know you. It's just one of those core pillars that I just sidestepped. For the past 7 years or more I've just listened to podcasts instead to pass the time for drives or whatever else.
Woof. Tell me about it. I think Christian rock and Country gave me an pretty low baseline to enjoy music.
I bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy.
If I cant play it with the gamepad...I kind of dont want to play it.
Prime 3 controls are great. Also, the original trilogy was limited to the Wiimote/Nunchuck too.

Wait what? Watching the latest SMRPG and Pat said people can't beat Resonance of Fate? Is he talking about a minority or majority of people?

Xiraiya

In highschool I had to take "Foods" class to fill in an extra timeslot and I thought it would be easy and effortless, turns out it was indeed easy but not at all effortless, but I also really enjoyed it.

I made a Cheesecake that had little cube junks of a "SNICKERS" bar all the way through it, you had one or two junks per slice basically.
It turned out really well and lasted all of about 4 hours, once I got out of school and went to a bar to see some friends, it got sliced up and eaten pretty quickly.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wait what? Watching the latest SMRPG and Pat said people can't beat Resonance of Fate? Is he talking about a minority or majority of people?

I beat RoF. So hey, right there, Pat's wrong. :lol

And a friend of mine (who's also on GAF) fucking Platinum'ed it. Only reason I didn't is because I couldn't deal with the monotony of the Arena. Still might go back to it one day though. Just put on a podcast or something and go auto-pilot.

I want him to just creep on wrestlers in the back.

Btw who's your favorite wrestler out of the current roster?
Jericho is one of those guys who just shows up sometimes right? I'll go with him. I observe the current day WWE through Botchamania and people bitching about it online so I don't really know much of the roster.

Xiraiya

Yeah but Pat saying "I couldn't deal with that game and Woolie got a little further that game is tedious and not that many people can deal with it.

Is not as entertaining as "NO ONE CAN FUCKING BEAT THAT GAME, EVERYONE GETS TO THAT SPOT AND THEY FUCKING STOP! IT CAN'T BE DONE!"

Everything with Pat is an exaggeration and a hyperbole because it's funnier that way.

In highschool I had to take "Foods" class to fill in an extra timeslot and I thought it would be easy and effortless, turns out it was indeed easy but not at all effortless, but I also really enjoyed it.

I made a Cheesecake that had little cube junks of a "SNICKERS" bar all the way through it, you had one or two junks per slice basically.
It turned out really well and lasted all of about 4 hours, once I got out of school and went to a bar to see some friends, it got sliced up and eaten pretty quickly.
This post is kinda out of nowhere for you Xir, I don't normally notice you starting topics.

Anyway yeah, I wish I had cool electives in highschool. That cake sounds awesome, and it reminds me of this No-bake Lime Graham-cracker-crust cheesecake I made once. It's the only cheesecake I actually really liked.

Xiraiya

This post is kinda out of nowhere for you Xir, I don't normally notice you starting topics.
Anyway yeah, I wish I had cool electives in highschool. That cake sounds awesome, and it reminds me of this No-bake Lime Graham-cracker-crust cheesecake I made once. It's the only cheesecake I actually really liked.

They were talking about unhealthy food before, that's why I bought that up.

joe2187

Banned
Yeah but Pat saying "I couldn't deal with that game and Woolie got a little further that game is tedious and not that many people can deal with it.

Is not as entertaining as "NO ONE CAN FUCKING BEAT THAT GAME, EVERYONE GETS TO THAT SPOT AND THEY FUCKING STOP! IT CAN'T BE DONE!"

Everything with Pat is an exaggeration and a hyperbole because it's funnier that way.

And then you hear Liam in the background saying shit like "I beat it, I beat it yesterday twice with my feet on a DDR mat."

Every time there's a party in the neighborhood I make slutty brownies. God those are so damn good.

Well, I just bought Alpha Protocol for my ps3. I use to have it for the 360, but I sold it to a friend along with the 360. I have to say, I think it's an amazing game, and highly recommend it. The gameplay isn't the best, but the story is great, and it's one of the best examples of your choices actually mattering. It's 5 dollars at your local Gamestop, so go pick it up, it costs barely anything.

MY MAN!

I have a copy and it was my second Chris Avellone game.

First one being Fallout:NV.

It's a really fucking obtuse battle system that takes a lot of effort to get used to. But gun modding is the shit
Yea the learning curve is pretty steep and i had my share of difficult times as well but once you've gotten it down it can be really fun

He's saying no one can, and that everyone quits, and that he's surprised Woolie got that far.

And a friend of mine (who's also on GAF) fucking Platinum'ed it. Only reason I didn't is because I couldn't deal with the monotony of the Arena. Still might go back to it one day though. Just put on a podcast or something and go auto-pilot.

I've beaten it and Platinumed it as well, which is why I was surprised to hear this from Pat.

Top Bottom