• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Skrams

Woof. Tell me about it. I think Christian rock and Country gave me an pretty low baseline to enjoy music.

It's the weirdest thing to me. You have a song talking about a guy asking a girl if she wants to ride his tractor, then you have a guy talking about red solo cups and partying, then a man who loves his wife and she's getting sexier while getting older, then a girl keying up a cheating boyfriends car, then a guy talking about his son cursing since he heard his father say the words and he prays to god that he can change his ways, and finally a guy talking about his crippling alcoholism. Maybe this applies to all music, but fucking country has always seemed the weirdest to where people are always happy to listen to it despite the subject matter.

Wait what? Watching the latest SMRPG and Pat said people can't beat Resonance of Fate? Is he talking about a minority or majority of people?

RoF has always seemed like a Project X Zone to me. You get the base mechanics down then repeat those for hours and hours and hours.

It's the weirdest thing to me. You have a song talking about a guy asking a girl if she wants to ride his tractor, then you have a guy talking about red solo cups and partying, then a man who loves his wife and she's getting sexier while getting older, then a girl keying up a cheating boyfriends car, then a guy talking about his son cursing since he heard his father and he prays to god that he can change his ways, and finally a guy talking about his crippling alcoholism. Maybe this applies to all music, but fucking country has always seemed the weirdest to where people are always happy to listen to it despite the subject matter.
Some people have different values on subject matters and how much it matters in music. I don't think I could enjoy pop if I cared about what was being said over sonorous qualities.

Good lyrics can make something amazing instead of just good, but I can't think of an example of a song I hate because of its lyrics. Maybe My Humps or some shit. Even that I sorta like as a guilty pleasure.

It probably just means existing competition between ISPs will pick up, but places with monopolies are still fucked.

I adore basically all music. I have a weird dilemma where I hate looking for new music. I get impatient and frustrated trying to see if I like something new. So games are one of the main ways I find more music, but I seriously adore all kinds. Top 100 hits, random indie acoustic songs, it's all super good.

How music is used in shows and games is absolutely one of my favorite things. It elevates the experience, (for lack of a less snoddy-sounding term). Game music might not be the only thing I listen to, but it's probably what I relisten to most. Metal Gear Rising has had its praises slung far and wide, but I absolutely fucking adore that whole soundtrack.

But didn't you say you don't like hip hop or rap or something?

*as Liam* So you can't say "all music".

Yeah but Pat saying "I couldn't deal with that game and Woolie got a little further that game is tedious and not that many people can deal with it.

Is not as entertaining as "NO ONE CAN FUCKING BEAT THAT GAME, EVERYONE GETS TO THAT SPOT AND THEY FUCKING STOP! IT CAN'T BE DONE!"

Everything with Pat is an exaggeration and a hyperbole because it's funnier that way.

The lines between whether or not he's hyperbolic or not are blurring tbh.

Skrams

Some people have different values on subject matters and how much it matters in music. I don't think I could enjoy pop if I cared about what was being said over sonorous qualities.

Good lyrics can make something amazing instead of just good, but I can't think of an example of a song I hate because of its lyrics. Maybe My Humps or some shit. Even that I sorta like as a guilty pleasure.

It's probably because I didn't care for the music and started analyzing the lyrics. It's always been weirder to me since when I think of country I think of every single white person in Kentucky ranging from young to old to skinny to fat. To think of a portly 43 year old woman singing along to a man comparing using the word tractor as a euphemism for his dick? It's always been funnier to me than another person singing along to my humps for some reason. I feel like one enjoys it for real and most people enjoy the other thing ironically.

Also the Berserk OP is a song you hate because of its lyrics. Or love. It's kind of both.

Xiraiya

But didn't you say you don't like hip hop or rap or something?
*as Liam* So you can't say "all music".

God! I fucking HATE it when he takes that attitude, it's such a deliberate salt inducing thing to do, it serves no other purpose.
Leonardo-DiCaprio-Goes-From-Calm-To-Angry-Smashing-a-Mug-On-a-Guys-Head-In-The-Departed.gif

I put the rest in my Watch Later list, but I love what I've heard The Hives before, good excuse to listen to that album.

Tyrannosaurs Hives may be their best album yet, but check out the rest of their discography for sure. As well as read up on Randy Fitzsimmons as some point for a laugh

Ilvocare

Its the best use of motion controls on the system.

Very user friendly

Can I just say that I disagree, and that Trauma Center (all three games released on the Wii) trump it? In fact, the Wii U is literally the PERFECT area for another Trauma Center sequel that combines using the gamepad and the Wiimote-Nunchuk style for more complex operations (at least in terms of co-op).

Also I can't tell if we're trying to post good or bad music. Because if it's the latter, I think there's only one clear winner.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'm opening all of these in new tabs because I'm in class and can't listen to them.

Goddamn you all. I want to hear good stuff.

Top Bottom