• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Since I'm in a thread full of nerds, I am going to guess that the Hotline Miami soundtrack hadn't been posted yet. Because it is the best soundtrack.
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=oKD-MVfC9Ag
And of what they shown of Hotline Miami 2, it seems to be better.
Duh. HM is fucking killer.
FF9 has a great final boss, if you forgot the final final boss happened.

No one can top this song
Ok, the dumb girly shit in X-2 makes me think I'm gonna love it.

Skrams

VI, XIII, and maybe X are honestly the only ones worth playing.

That sure is an opinion. I'm assuming you're counting all of the games and not just the 3D ones since you listed 6. You'd say 6, 13, and maybe 10? You'd leave 4, 7, and 9 off the table? Compared to 13, really?

Xiraiya

Sometimes he has a point/is right, but rarely.
Oh really? I had no idea, that is brand new information.

Good lord, technically the sun is still out when it's a cloudy day, but you don't correct people when they comment on the sun not being around because they fucking know it's still there, it goes without saying. So whether someone has a point or if they're right is completely irrelevant in that situation, they're just being shitty.

Except Tactics.

Tactics manages to do some special things.

Tacitics is great fun, though the story and characters are pretty nothing.

And that Dirge of Cerberus is the best entry in the entire franchise, only matched by Chocobo Dungeon

Just play the FF7 motorcycle game and never play any other game in the series again.

No one can top this song

I totally agree with that. The game has the best villain in the entire series. If you ignore the final final boss happened, then its a great game.

Unforuntately, I can't ignore it. I never finished the game because of it. I have 0 clue how it ends.

That sure is an opinion. I'm assuming you're counting all of the games and not just the 3D ones since you listed 6. You'd say 6, 13, and maybe 10? You'd leave 4, 7, and 9 off the table? Compared to 13, really?

4 and 7 are boring. 9 has a terrible final final boss and I never beat it so I can't say if I should recommend it but people seem to like it enough.

13 is pretty ridiculous in its story and characters and seems to be a hate it or love it thing, but I enjoyed it fine and I love the battle system.

4 and 7 are boring.

nQmljJ9.gif

Zenfalcia

Oh really? I had no idea, that is brand new information.

Good lord, technically the sun is still out when it's a cloudy day, but you don't correct people when they comment on the sun not being around because they fucking know it's still there, it goes without saying. So whether someone has a point or if they're right is completely irrelevant in that situation, they're just being shitty.

You learn new things everyday!

To quote Dok quoting as liam.
*as Liam* It serves a purpose to me.

Oberon

Banned
Oh wait we were actually talking about game music too
Four of these is fucking fabulous
The other's just a pretty good osts
Which
Will
You
Pick
Now?
I will never stop pushing banana slamma

I know about Donkey Kong thanks to this show. I didn't even know that there was a video game back then. So this incarnation of the Dong is the most canon to me.

Skrams

4 and 7 are boring. 9 has a terrible final final boss and I never beat it so I can't say if I should recommend it but people seem to like it enough.

13 is pretty ridiculous in its story and characters and seems to be a hate it or love it thing, but I enjoyed it fine and I love the battle system.

Yikes. I'd say it's 80% hate, 15% neutral, 5% like/love. I find it weird someone finds 4 and 7 boring, but not the hallways upon hallways of FF13s first 30-40 hours and then it's last 10 hours. I like the combat too, but I don't feel like it saves the game that much. FF7 Materia is cool, man.

This too. Except 6 and 10 aren't bad Aaron.

He dislikes the good ones and likes the bad ones. He has no remote claim to being right.

FF6 is bad? This is news to me.

Yikes. I'd say it's 80% hate, 15% neutral, 5% like/love. I find it weird someone finds 4 and 7 boring, but not the hallways upon hallways of FF13s first 30-40 hours and then it's last 10 hours. I like the combat too, but I don't feel like it saves the game that much. FF7 Materia is cool, man.

4 doesn't age well at all. Its very bare bones in all of its characteristics. Probably mind blowing for the time, but just a complete slog with good music now. 6 aged much better with its characters and story. 13's combat was really fun, but I agree that if you despise the characters and story, the first dozen hours are gonna be rough.

I don't like 7 at all, other than its soundtrack. Its a very ugly game now and Cloud is just aggravating to deal with.

I thought it was most people thought that SMT was better than Persona, only the latter was more casual, thus making it more popular.

You'd think that, but a good amount of persona fans haven't even touched an SMT game, let alone any persona game before 3.

Woke up 45 minutes before a dentist appointment at 10 AM, made it there on time, got my teeth cleaned, and then walked to campus and had lunch. Anything significant I missed in the last 12 hours?

Man, One Piece pre-time skip was solid gold, through and through.

Also, I got around to watching Fast and Furious 5 &6!
Got damn these movies are good... I can't believe these sequels are so much better than their predecessors. I mean, Tokyo Drift is pretty damn good, but these movies are in another league.
Have to say, even with Rodriguez, I think 5 is better than 6, but they are both awesome action flicks and I'm super glad I got around to them.
Best moments,
5: The 'safe' sequence, the Rock/Deisel fight 6: The tank leap, All the fight sequences but Rodriguez's first one in particular

Mathaou

legacy of cane

Oh wait we were actually talking about game music too
Four of these is fucking fabulous
The other's just a pretty good osts
Which
Will
You
Pick
Now?
I will never stop pushing banana slamma

Can I just say that I disagree, and that Trauma Center (all three games released on the Wii) trump it? In fact, the Wii U is literally the PERFECT area for another Trauma Center sequel that combines using the gamepad and the Wiimote-Nunchuk style for more complex operations (at least in terms of co-op).

Also I can't tell if we're trying to post good or bad music. Because if it's the latter, I think there's only one clear winner.

VI, XIII, and maybe X are honestly the only ones worth playing.

IX was great too, but stop when you get to the end because it has the worst final boss ever.

Neither is yours.

No one can top this song

This post if for my own reference of what I need to listen to.

Zenfalcia

Woke up 45 minutes before a dentist appointment at 10 AM, made it there on time, got my teeth cleaned, and then walked to campus and had lunch. Anything significant I missed in the last 12 hours?

Conglaturations. Everything. Jack did a thing, stories were told, we talked about food, we're in musicGaf/FinalFantasyGaf/LiamGaf, and a ton of other stuff.. oh, stuff got announced like dengeki bunko, so there's that.

I like Liam. I don't care about any of their arguments at all so his proclivity for semantics feels the same as any stance they have on anything.

Wish he'd talk about anime more, though.

Conglaturations. Everything. Jack did a thing, stories were told, we talked about food, we're in musicGaf/FinalFantasyGaf/LiamGaf, and a ton of other stuff.. oh, stuff got announced like dengeki bunko, so there's that.
Also just saw that Yakuza 4 is one of February's free PS+ games.

...and I've still not played through 2 and 3 yet. Plus I don't know if I can fit it on my PS4's harddrive without deleting all the games I got on it right now.

Okingjrr

Dammit Nintendo. Why does the WiiU only have 32GB???
Now I have to buy a damn usb drive to download Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Thanks Nintenbama!

semisonic

Banned
Also just saw that Yakuza 4 is one February's free PS+ games.

...and I've still not played through 2 and 3 yet. Plus I don't know if I can fit it on my PS4's harddrive without deleting all the games I got on it right now.

I got ishin, but I can't read japanese, so it might get rough.
I can understand, and sometimes speak it verbally, but that's all.

I like Liam. I don't care about any of their arguments at all so his proclivity for semantics feels the same as any stance they have on anything.

He reminds me of when I was younger and had the same habit. He's just presenting opposite opinions to please a small number of viewers mainly.
Dammit Nintendo. Why does the WiiU only have 32GB???
Now I have to buy a damn usb drive to download Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Thanks Nintenbama!
Be careful with USBs. Ninty says not to use them since they can be corrupted moving data back and forth a lot.

I'd get an external drive.

Skrams

4 doesn't age well at all. Its very bare bones in all of its characteristics. Probably mind blowing for the time, but just a complete slog with good music now. 6 aged much better with its characters and story. 13's combat was really fun, but I agree that if you despise the characters and story, the first dozen hours are gonna be rough.

I don't like 7 at all, other than its soundtrack. Its a very ugly game now and Cloud is just aggravating to deal with.

I'd agree it's a slog if you play the SNES version. It was pretty simple and easy. I played the DS version which made the game harder and I still found the characters and game mechanics really enjoyable many years later.

When did I say they were? 6 is nearly my favorite of the series and 10 is near the top too.

Worst is 8 and then 13 I kinda like. All the others are great, except the first one, which I have not played.

"He dislikes the good ones and likes the bad ones. He has no remote claim to being right."

You said bad ones so I just kind of assumed.

I'm also like Glass where I think all of them are at least fine. FF13 is fine, but still not very good. I can't dislike FF1 because I'm not insane and can place myself in the shoes of back then. I can still enjoy the kind of game it is. Walk places, level up, talk, get new gear and spells, and repeat. I enjoy the formula still.

I had to uninstall W101 to fit it.

The worst thing I've ever read in any of these threads so far.

Me too, buddy. Sort of. Maybe not the anime or not caring part though.

Top Bottom