• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

You know I'm a huge Rodriguez fan, so I wouldn't say it lightly. I know 5 is a better movie. Fookin Diesel and Walker using a safe as a wrecking ball man!

Diesel and Rock tag-team wrestler a guy! They jump a fucking tank! That car is a ramp and flips cars! Car based amnesia! 6 is so much more fun! I was literally cheering in the theater all the time with excitement.

Yakuza 4 is free on ps3 for ps+ next month, I hope you shitlords go download it D:

It's a really decent 'get in' point for Yakuza, I'd really recommend it if you're trying to get ready for 5.

Diesel and Rock tag-team wrestler a guy! They jump a fucking tank! That car is a ramp and flips cars! Car based amnesia! 6 is so much more fun! I was literally cheering in the theater all the time with excitement.

Come on man, you have to give me this, Rock and Diesel vs some dude<<<<<<<< Rock vs Diesel!

I really should find a harddrive that can fit in my phat PS3 so I have more space for shit. Redownloading all my shit from DOA5U and VF5 Final Showdown was already time consuming as it was, and I'd rather not have to clear that shit out again just for this.

Zenfalcia

I like Liam. I don't care about any of their arguments at all so his proclivity for semantics feels the same as any stance they have on anything.

Wish he'd talk about anime more, though.

Yep, maybe it's because he has no real stance in their arguements, that's why he uses semantics?

Too bad anime is 2nd compared to Vidya games in his eyes.

Okingjrr

Since I'm in a thread full of nerds, I am going to guess that the Hotline Miami soundtrack hadn't been posted yet. Because it is the best soundtrack.
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=oKD-MVfC9Ag
And of what they shown of Hotline Miami 2, it seems to be better.
Best Soundtrack.

I had to uninstall W101 to fit it.
I hate to uninstall things even if I haven't used them in a while.
I couldn't even delete Wii Party U...

its probably cheaper than if Nintendo had put a big hard drive in the Wii U
It probably is, but I wish I didn't have to buy a separate device for memory.
He reminds me of when I was younger and had the same habit. He's just presenting opposite opinions to please a small number of viewers mainly.
Be careful with USBs. Ninty says not to use them since they can be corrupted moving data back and forth a lot.

I'd get an external drive.
Dammit, I don't want to spend that much money ;_;
I have no choice I guess.

semisonic

Banned
The real game music question is:
Dragon Roost Island?
Or Gerudo Valley?
And which Gerudo Valley is best Gerudo Valley?
Seriously there's like a goddamn billion official remixes

croten

Wat? Wat wat wat?
mzL7pYo.gif

Eh he got 2/3

I'd agree it's a slog if you play the SNES version. It was pretty simple and easy. I played the DS version which made the game harder and I still found the characters and game mechanics really enjoyable many years later.

I don't have nostalgia for the game since I never played it till a few years ago. I went into the DS version expecting a good JRPG and was disappointed. All the characters are pretty boring except Rydia and whole "oh no this character died/sacrificed themselves, wait no they didn't they're still alive" got really old, really quickly.

Also, the game was easy until the point I dropped it which is when
I got Rydia back in the Golbez fight.
Not sure if it gets any harder, but I'll probably never go back to the game. Then again, most Final Fantasy games are pretty easy in general aside from the later parts of 13.

Neol

The real game music question is:
Dragon Roost Island?
Or Gerudo Valley?
And which Gerudo Valley is best Gerudo Valley?
Seriously there's like a goddamn billion official remixes

Vanilla OoT Gerudo Valley best gerudo valley.

I'm more for the Song of Storms tho.

Wat? Wat wat wat?
mzL7pYo.gif

If 7 was a shorter game, maybe I could recommend it. But as a long JRPG, I'd honestly feel terrible recommending someone to spend however many dozen hours it takes to beat that game. Sure its a classic, but not something I'd recommend to someone unless they're interested in the history or have time to kill on a now ugly to look at, mediocre JRPG.

Edit: Oh, I thought the gif was for not recommending 7. I still enjoyed 13 either way though :p

All the characters are pretty boring except Rydia and whole "oh no this character died/sacrificed themselves, wait no they didn't they're still alive" got really old, really quickly..

Wait, what are you talking about?
I'm pretty sure most characters died and stayed dead in 4.
But I kinda agree, 4 is right on the border of being something that held up. I enjoyed it though.

Bleach begins the ending at the beginning of year 13 and Oda just gave one of the dumbest looking characters in One Piece a really tragic backstory

Wait, what are you talking about?
I'm pretty sure most characters died and stayed dead in 4.
But I kinda agree, 4 is right on the border of being something that held up. I enjoyed it though.

Rydia, the twins, and I'm probably forgetting more. I think only the old man died.

Nah man, I couldn't care less about VII. I just wanted to post that gif in reaction to XIII. You're free to like the game of course =P. You got VI correct and that's all I really care about.

I've stopped trying to defend XIII. I know how much people hate it and its a fight I'll never win lol.

Here's a music question for you guys, and it's related to No More Heroes because I've become addicted to that soundtrack all over again. The individual boss themes are all very memorable, but what do you think is your favorite variation of the regular NMH theme that plays during missions? 'Cause there's a lot.

Personally, it's between Speed with Teeth (Bad Girl) and Dynamite Rider (Dark Star) for me. Both excellent late game tracks.

Here's a music question for you guys, and it's related to No More Heroes because I've become addicted to that soundtrack all over again. The individual boss themes are all very memorable, but what do you think is your favorite variation of the regular NMH theme that plays during missions? 'Cause there's a lot.

Personally, it's between Speed with Teeth (Bad Girl) and Dynamite Rider (Dark Star) for me. Both excellent late game tracks.

Other than the voiced one in the first mission of NMH2, The shooter mini-game boss

Skrams

I don't have nostalgia for the game since I never played it till a few years ago. I went into the DS version expecting a good JRPG and was disappointed. All the characters are pretty boring except Rydia and whole "oh no this character died/sacrificed themselves, wait no they didn't they're still alive" got really old, really quickly.

Also, the game was easy until the point I dropped it which is when
I got Rydia back in the Golbez fight.
Not sure if it gets any harder, but I'll probably never go back to the game. Then again, most Final Fantasy games are pretty easy in general aside from the later parts of 13.

I don't have any nostalgia for it either as I started at the DS version when it released. I also don't remember characters dying then lolnvm being true for the most part. It's been years, but I remember it being harder than FF13 at least. FF13 had a few boss blockers, but most of it was pretty smooth sailing. I'm also not going to do anything to change your opinion. I'll just have to accept that you and croten fall on weird lines. I should be a Joose and play P1 and everything else one of these days.

Also calling 7 a classic then saying it's mediocre. It hurts, but ok.

If 7 was a shorter game, maybe I could recommend it. But as a long JRPG, I'd honestly feel terrible recommending someone to spend however many dozen hours it takes to beat that game. Sure its a classic, but not something I'd recommend to someone unless they're interested in the history or have time to kill on a now ugly to look at, mediocre JRPG.

Edit: Oh, I thought the gif was for not recommending 7. I still enjoyed 13 either way though :p
I don't think mediocre is the word to describe 7. Sure, it's been over hyped to hell, and it's not the best final fantasy
that's 6
, but it ain't mediocre. Not by a long shot.

Other than the voiced one in the first mission of NMH2, The shooter mini-game boss

I was gonna say, that NMH2 opening is amazing

So I may or may not need to drop one of my fucking classes because everyone was supposed to send an email to the teacher saying that we were there. When we had an assignment due that week.

What the fuck.

Top Bottom