• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

So, I'm playing Sleeping Dogs... and guess what? It's super hype, like seriously awesome, I'm having so much fun with it...
But I can't help but notice from the social club thing that only 3 of you dudes, of all the frienders on my friends list, have this game. What gives! Catch the Dragon Kick Hype you lazy frienders!

i1sgYe07dMFmk.gif

Specifics: Awesome story, well written acted characters, suprisingly deep combat system once you start unlocking some moves, nice parkor system. Maybe some weak driving but otherwise this thing is a gem, imo

Jonathan over Joseph?
Both could do some sexytime overdrives
So, I'm playing Sleeping Dogs... and guess what? It's super hype, like seriously awesome, I'm having so much fun with it...
But I can't help but notice from the social club thing that only 3 of you dudes, of all the frienders on my friends list, have this game. What gives! Catch the Dragon Kick Hype you lazy frienders!
Specifics: Awesome story, well written acted characters, suprisingly deep combat system once you start unlocking some moves, nice parkor system. Maybe some weak driving but otherwise this thing is a gem, imo
What system? I have it on PC

croten

i1sgYe07dMFmk.gif

Played it. Beat it. It's fantastic.

I had it on 360 and beat it there before I got rid of the console, and I bought it again on steam. I just haven't launched it

i1sgYe07dMFmk.gif

I thought wei was the only good character in that game. Still really fun though.

Best girl is hideyoshi.

she looks 8

Archgan

i1sgYe07dMFmk.gif

I played on steam using family sharing.

Jman014

i1sgYe07dMFmk.gif

I hvae the original game on PC. Don't have DefinitiveEdition

Well, the first game is fun, not as good as 3/4 but better than 2.

2 it feel like they were far too focused on making the game hard rather than fair. It loses the balance the first game had and just becomes more of a chore.

I find 4 too easy, while 1/3 is the perfect balance. (If you don't go out of your way to abuse the system)

Balance? Defender + Immunize = Almost Invincible, unless that's the system abuse you were talking about. But then again I've just started on the 3rd stratum. I'm guessing the gameplay for 2 and 3 will be the same as 1 with one or two mechanics added in right?

Xiraiya

I have the definitive edition on Steam, I'll play it once I build my new PC in the next few months since I got Windows 7 for it.

I don't know why I can't get into Sleepijg Dogs. It's a fun game, but I really can't stand to play it longer than 20, before I want to do something else.

I had it on 360 and beat it there before I got rid of the console, and I bought it again on steam. I just haven't launched it

I played on steam using family sharing.

I hvae the original game on PC. Don't have DefinitiveEdition

Ahh, forgot pc master race. Ah well, me making a big gaf is much better than 90% of frienders not being aware of awesomeness.

I thought wei was the only good character in that game. Still really fun though.

Good as in 'I want to have a beer with this character' or good as in good? Because I meant the latter.
That said, on topic:
latest

360pages

Balance? Defender + Immunize = Almost Invincible, unless that's the system abuse you were talking about. But then again I've just started on the 3rd stratum. I'm guessing the gameplay for 2 and 3 will be the same as 1 with one or two mechanics added in right?

Actually Part 3 is when the game got a big overall in mechanics.

2 is almost the same as 1.

It's kind of like the Dark Souls 2 of the series for me, it felt like it was made by the people who liked EO1 instead of the actual developers. 3 fixes this by being a lot more fresh and balanced.

EO3/4 are closer together.

Top Bottom