• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

No as in I think hes a well made character. I honestly can only name like 3 other characters in that game which is why I think the story is poor

I'll have to get back to you, cause I'm still pretty early in, but their motivations and interactions feel natural and well developed so far.

giphy.gif

Actually Part 3 is when the game got a big overall in mechanics.

2 is almost the same as 1.

It's kind of like the Dark Souls 2 of the series for me, it felt like it was made by the people who liked EO1 instead of the actual developers. 3 fixes this by being a lot more fresh and balanced.

EO3/4 are closer together.

Looks like I need to trudge through 2 before it gets better. 3 and 4 is sounding sounding better when compared to 2 now.

So...bromance? Or more?

Oh ho ho, so much more.

that must have been an awkward conversation

Oh, it was. When he found out he was a guy it was the best part of the whole series. Weird amount of rape stuff after that.

It's just like my chinese doughjins.

It's exactly like those.

So, I'm playing Sleeping Dogs... and guess what? It's super hype, like seriously awesome, I'm having so much fun with it...
But I can't help but notice from the social club thing that only 3 of you dudes, of all the frienders on my friends list, have this game. What gives! Catch the Dragon Kick Hype you lazy frienders!

Sleepy Dawgs is way better than it has any right being, it's so weird how fucking awesome that game is.

Best girl is hideyoshi.

Man, why does that show have to not be great? I want to watch and enjoy it so bad.

That is fucking disgusting.

Xiraiya confirmed for Transgender hater? Shocking truth!

360pages

Looks like I need to trudge through 2 before it gets better. 3 and 4 is sounding sounding better when compared to 2 now.

I might just be a super big baby. But Untold on expert mode is still easier than EO2. Mostly because either due to translation or the developers being dicks. Some skill flat out lie to you/ don't work properly.

Sleepy Dawgs is way better than it has any right being, it's so weird how fucking awesome that game is.
]

To think this was almost cancelled, geez the industry is dumb, and geez is Square so much better at being a publisher than a developer, my goodness.

I would, its mostly cause it's a LGBTQ character not done horribly

Maybe the only one...? When I think of how everyone when nuts for Gay Tony in GTA, who is basically a pathetic addict that relies on the main character to solve all his mostly self inflicted problems.

Ilvocare

Alright, quick report on CN:STEAM so far. I'm having fun with it, and noticed several quirks, both positive and negative.

-Enemy turns last really fucking long. There is no way to speed up their movement or otherwise skip watching this.
-Unlike a top-down SRPG, you CANNOT see the entire map at once. This alone marks a significant difference from Valkyria Chronicles. This combined with the above makes points where nothing is happening on screen for like a whole minute because things are moving and, unless they stumble into the view range of one of your units, you won't be seeing where the enemy is moving. I assume things become MUCH more lively once you get a party of four and have enough sight coverage to check the whole map.
-Each chapter seems to be split into 3 sub-chapters. I'm currently in the middle of 1-2. I assume the demo will stop after chapter 1 is fully finished.
-Hard saves are scattered about mid-chapter and can only be used once.
-In addition, the save points can ALSO be used to fully heal either a party member or the whole party... for a price. Restoring the whole party costs 10 times as much as restoring a single person, but doing the former also revives any dead teammates, and I assume this is the ONLY way to do so.
-Related to the above point, money is scattered about the map as "medals", and picking them up does not hard-lock your position, which means you can move ahead and grab a bunch of cash, and then move back into position with nothing lost.
-There's a lot of destructible terrain which you can use as cover to get out of sight of enemies or destroy in order to move more efficiently.
-Also there's three "gears" hidden in each sub-chapter and I don't know what they do.

I'll pipe in with more impressions later, but right now I'm a bit mixed.

Jman014

Alright, quick report on CN:STEAM so far. I'm having fun with it, and noticed several quirks, both positive and negative.

-Enemy turns last really fucking long. There is no way to speed up their movement or otherwise skip watching this.
-Unlike a top-down SRPG, you CANNOT see the entire map at once. This alone marks a significant difference from Valkyria Chronicles. This combined with the above makes points where nothing is happening on screen for like a whole minute because things are moving and, unless they stumble into the view range of one of your units, you won't be seeing where the enemy is moving. I assume things become MUCH more lively once you get a party of four and have enough sight coverage to check the whole map.
-Each chapter seems to be split into 3 sub-chapters. I'm currently in the middle of 1-2. I assume the demo will stop after chapter 1 is fully finished.
-Hard saves are scattered about mid-chapter and can only be used once.
-In addition, the save points can ALSO be used to fully heal either a party member or the whole party... for a price. Restoring the whole party costs 10 times as much as restoring a single person, but doing the former also revives any dead teammates, and I assume this is the ONLY way to do so.
-Related to the above point, money is scattered about the map as "medals", and picking them up does not hard-lock your position, which means you can move ahead and grab a bunch of cash, and then move back into position with nothing lost.
-There's a lot of destructible terrain which you can use as cover to get out of sight of enemies or destroy in order to move more efficiently.
-Also there's three "gears" hidden in each sub-chapter and I don't know what they do.

I'll pipe in with more impressions later, but right now I'm a bit mixed.
I think I'll check it out if I ever get a New 3DS so I can use Fire Emblem characters

Didn't the creator say Kanji actually is gay?

Well I mean he's working through it like any teenage kid does. I think that's why I like him so much as a character, he isn't one way or the other it's a grey area and he still has to figure it out on his own.

Edit: He also doesn't have to be gay or straight he can be bi, pan, or something that isn't so black and white. Which is really cool and doesn't get explored in games

I might just be a super big baby. But Untold on expert mode is still easier than EO2. Mostly because either due to translation or the developers being dicks. Some skill flat out lie to you/ don't work properly.

Oh God, EO1 had some of those too, wasted a few skill points on those skills that lie. You know what, I might just use a guide through the whole way of EO2.

Top Bottom