• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Ilvocare

But, like, Dratini evolves into puff the magic dragon, how was I supposed to know he didn't!?

Well Dratini is still a dragon. Dunsparce is a not-quite-bug thing.
No seriously what is Dunsparce supposed to be?

I would have given you the argument though if you had brought up Goomy instead.

croten

I nuzlocked and it was so easy I just fell in my old habit. Losing Blaziken to Hawlucha was depressing and sealed my doom.

I had XP boost Torchic out front, so I blazed through Y.

I actually never used my torchic because I already had Charizard for my fire-type

Well Dratini is still a dragon. Dunsparce is a not-quite-bug thing.
No seriously what is Dunsparce supposed to be?

I would have given you the argument though if you had brought up Goomy instead, though.

My point is that you can't judge these Pokemen by their covers, that's like, their whole thing! So I pick the ones that I think look cool and might look cooler later on, and 90% of the time they fuck me over!

Only two times did it not fuck me over and those are my two favorite Pokemans, Flygon and the GOAT.
1QOEOJn.jpg

I love Galvantula and I just want to use him and no other Pokemon! I want to use him as my bike, I want to use him as my surf, my fly, my everything!

croten

All of my favorite starters seem to be Fire Types, Blaziken looks awesome, Charizard will forever be number 1, but Blaziken is a good second and then Delphox or whatever looks almost as cool.

I'm with you on that actually. Although the last three gens have been shitty starter wise and Y was the first time I didn't immediately pick a fire type.

Actually fun fact about the Capture code (I used it for collecting), Gym Leaders and the E4 Pokemon all have specific IVs in all of their Pokemon that go up by X amount between each gym.
So for example, say the first Gym Leader's Pokemon have IVs of 2, the 8th Gym will have Pokemon with IV's of 26 in every stat.
This is how the games handle difficulty of Gyms and the E4 when levels aren't enough of a challenge.
I didn't know that. That's pretty interesting.

I know in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, Cynthia has maxed IV and EVs on her team.

Oberon

Banned
you luv it tho
highschool-dxd-ending-gif.gif

Betting on FExSMT news is like playing Russian Roulette with a gatling gun. But on the off chance that I win...

My body is ready

I'm with you on that actually. Although the last three gens have been shitty starter wise and Y was the first time I didn't immediately pick a fire type.

You guys are just a bunch of Hentai! Hentai! Baaakaaa!

Good evening, how's everyone doing?

Sorry about that, I chose a bad time to clean my computer monitor and keyboard <.<

I suppose that Arceus isn't a god since he can be caught. I don't know..pokemon lore is a mess.
Arceus is the creator. It is still a Pokemon, so it can still be caught.
It's outrageous that the god of pokemon can be caught the same way a god damn weedle can.

Jman014

Morning all. Pokemon talk? That's cool.
Hello
My point is that you can't judge these Pokemen by their covers, that's like, their whole thing! So I pick the ones that I think look cool and might look cooler later on, and 90% of the time they fuck me over!

Only two times did it not fuck me over and those are my two favorite Pokemans, Flygon and the GOAT.

I love Galvantula and I just want to use him and no other Pokemon! I want to use him as my bike, I want to use him as my surf, my fly, my everything!

That spider pokemon is adorable

360pages

Right in time for Pokémon.

The only time I ever ditched a Starter was in Gen 5...because Gen 5 starters are just shit.

Though I actually really like Gen 5 pokemon themselves, they started to grow on me, Gen 6 feel kin of meh though, there aren't enough for me to find my favorite among them.

Oberon

Banned
Sorry about that, I chose a bad time to clean my computer monitor and keyboard <.<

I suppose that Arceus isn't a god since he can be caught. I don't know..pokemon lore is a mess.

It's outrageous that the god of pokemon can be caught the same way a god damn weedle can.

If all pokemon evolved from Mew, then why is there still a Mew?

Xiraiya

I think Gen 4 is the only generation where I truly just cannot give a shit about ANY of the starters.

If all pokemon evolved from Mew, then why is there still a Mew?
Actually the specific lore is that mew has DNA shared by all Pokemon, not necessarily that they evolved from Mew.

Ilvocare

My point is that you can't judge these Pokemen by their covers, that's like, their whole thing!

Feraligatr best starter.
I'm a sucker for water pokemon.

Bah, fine. Point taken.

Although I can't love Feraligatr as much anymore now that Greninja is a thing and is so good that he's just banned now.

No seriously, he got sent to Ubers like a month ago.

Dunsparce is a tsuchinoko.

*after googling*

So when Dunsparce is rolling out, it just grips onto its own tail and becomes a wheel.

Incredible.

Ilvocare

I think it's safe to say that Grass starters have gotten the short end of the stick literally ever since the games started. What a shame.

Xiraiya

I think it's safe to say that Grass starters have gotten the short end of the stick literally ever since the games started. What a shame.

I actively disliked Blastoise and Venusaur as a kid, after dealing with later generations, I've found that I appreciate them a whole lot more, Venusaur is my least favorite but I have no issues with using one.

360pages

I think most people choose the Fire Starter because getting a fire pokemon I actually pretty hard/rare.

Gen 1 you had to wait until 4-6 Gyms to get a decent fire pkemon and in other games it's usually the 3-4 gym.

While Water and Grass pokemon are far more common.

Sceptile was pretty good in Gen 3, before it got nerfed by the Physical/Special split, and Torterra was a good tank in Gen 4.

Also Venusaur was the only not shit Gen 1 starter competitively.

360pages

I actively disliked Blastoise and Venusaur as a kid, after dealing with later generations, I've found that I appreciate them a whole lot more, Venusaur is my least favorite but I have no issues with using one.

I find myself caring about a lot more pokemon I dismissed when I first saw/played through that gen. Bisharp being one of them, along with Houndoom.

Xiraiya

I think most people choose the Fire Starter because getting a fire pokemon I actually pretty hard/rare.
Gen 1 you had to wait until 4-6 Gyms to get a decent fire pkemon and in other games it's usually the 3-4 gym.
While Water and Grass pokemon are far more common.

You're actually right in that logic, though if I REALLY liked one of the others I'd have chosen them, but I genuinely much preferred Charmander.

360pages

Dammit everyone's ragging on my boy Turtwig and that's upsetting.

You are beautiful, no matter what they say~

Which is weird, since I love how tortera looks compared to the other two. Actually, I don't care much or Infernape outside the anime. Mostly because Lucario I find is the far more interesting in terms of design and moveset.

Xiraiya

Why did you actively dislike the masterful specimen that is big daddy blastoise?
A big slow blue turtle was not as cool as a red Dragon looking thing, but Blastoise is incredibly useful and actually looks pretty cool.

I find myself caring about a lot more pokemon I dismissed when I first saw/played through that gen. Bisharp being one of them, along with Houndoom.
I always thought Houndoom and also Mightyena from Gen 3 were awesome looking, but neither of them are actually very good, seems like such a waste.
Arcanine is the only Wolf/Dog looking Pokemon that is actually REALLY good to use, there needs to be more.

Top Bottom