• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

I will this Wed. Btw I'm not sure why people hate Blighttown so much, Sen's Fortress is way fucking worse.

Because the framerate and the toxic guys that snipe you from crazy distances. Sen's Fortress is essentially a Castlevania level, which is why it's the best area in the game.

Kinda disappointed that it doesn't render at 1080p.

Isn't it 900? I can't tell the difference between that shit.

croten

Pokemon stopped being fun after Pearl.

X and Y were Okay, but I didn't really like them.

I actually liked it a lot, the EXP share meant I didn't have to care about grinding, super training meant I didn't have to care about EVs and I got a sword pokemon.

Xiraiya

I will this Wed. Btw I'm not sure why people hate Blighttown so much, Sen's Fortress is way fucking worse.
Because Blighttown is dark, has a shitty lighting filter (That I wish I could disable) and runs like garbage compared to the rest of the time, so coupled that with Toxic blowdarts and it's kind of annoying.

I actually really enjoy Sen's fortress.

Because the framerate and the toxic guys that snipe you from crazy distances. Sen's Fortress is essentially a Castlevania level, which is why it's the best area in the game.

Isn't it 900? I can't tell the difference between that shit.
On Xbox the framerate goes to shit, I've experienced that first hand, but on PC it's fine. Sen's Fortress basically makes your platform and I fucking hate it.

Framerate dies in Blighttown. Thats why.

Blighttown physically gives me a headache.
It's not bad as long as you take some dung pies and BPM with you.

Sen's Fortress is awesome tho.
It's awesome, but fuck those swinging axes.
Because Blighttown is dark, has a shitty lighting filter and runs like garbage compared to the rest of the time, so coupled that with Toxic blowdarts and it's kind of annoying.

I actually really enjoy Sen's fortress.
I dread the gameplay after I kill Quelaag because I have to go through my two most hated areas in the game in a row. Catacombs, and Sen's Fortress.

croten

On Xbox the framerate goes to shit, I've experienced that first hand, but on PC it's fine. Sen's Fortress basically makes your platform and I fucking hate it.

It's not bad as long as you take some dung pies and BPM with you.

It's awesome, but fuck those swinging axes.

Git gud tho.
In all seriousness Sens fortress is one of my favorite areas in the game

Araki's new style works amazingly well with a lot of his older parts

I0tl0yO.jpg
jFel1dM.jpg

o7sqmpj.jpg
xRba6IU.jpg

Git gud tho.
In all seriousness Sens fortress is one of my favorite areas in the game

I'm not saying it's a bad area, the design and everything is fantastic. I just don't like the parts that rely on the shitty platforming in the game etc.

New Londo Ruins is mine.

Sens Fortress is the best part of Dark Souls.
One thing I do enjoy is Home Alone'ing the enemies and killing them with the traps.

croten

I'm not saying it's a bad area, the design and everything is fantastic. I just don't like the parts that rely on the shitty platforming in the game etc.

New Londo Ruins is mine.

By platforming do you mean running across thin bridges? Because that's not even a challenge

New Londo Ruins is mine.

I remember going to that area first, then the cemetery right after. Didn't go too well.

Tomb of the Giants
is my least favorite area.

By platforming do you mean running across thin bridges? Because that's not even a challenge
No by platforming I mean making that jump to get to the merchant and the cage key, and just dodging those axes.

I used to hate the Catacombs, until I learned that youcan skip 99% of it.
I should probably learn how to skip it.
I remember going to that area first, then the cemetery right after. Didn't go too well.
The very first time I ever played the game I went to the Cemetery, then after that I went to NLR, seen it, said fuck that and then went into the tunnel where your supposed to go.

I still feel conflicted about these. Some characters look great, like I think Jotaro's cover does, but like D'arby and DIO just look fucking weird.

Eh...I still think his part4-6 Style is the best, I really dislike the same face that later parts have. Though it really works for some characters.

If it wasn't for the same face issue, I'd like for someone to adapt some scenes in his new style.

Finished EP 4. So
Sayaka
looks pretty cool. Kind of like a Fire Emblem character.
Nothing really interesting except they introduce what I assume will be the villain.

On to ep 5.

tsundoku

I think he just wants to tell people about testing stories he'll never get another chance to tell and info stuff. The only thing that's been bugging me is him not filling up his meter when there's downtime, and comments during cutscenes since they're not really necessary and he can just talk about them afterward

Not filling up his meter during downtime. And not just looking up the card locations / having them written down beside him so he knows he got them. His commentary is really about average for a solo LP of which i've watched tonnes of.

Also just from an average standpoint I was waiting for NMH to finish to go back and check out NMH2 but he keeps spoiling which characters live through the plot of NMH1 which really collapses my probability tree for how the ending is going to go.

No by platforming I mean making that jump to get to the merchant and the cage key, and just dodging those axes.

I should probably learn how to skip it.

The very first time I ever played the game I went to the Cemetery, then after that I went to NLR, seen it, said fuck that and then went into the tunnel where your supposed to go.

The axes are super easy to dodge. Just point the camera to the floor and use the angle to see where you are in relation to the axe.

Also just from an average standpoint I was waiting for NMH to finish to go back and check out NMH2 but he keeps spoiling which characters live through the plot of NMH1 which really collapses my probability tree for how the ending is going to go.

He's spoiling surviving characters, but not talking about the largest connection to NMH2.
You are not going to guess the ending to 1 either way

Top Bottom