• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

I fucking miss Eddie, he was just a great wrestler all around. Was his last match that ladder match for the custody of his kid? I don't remember.

I don't remember what he last match was, but I don't think it was that.

ImaginaryElectricHalicore.gif

Vocaloids are dumb

1. I love that gif.
2. I hate you.

Skrams

Hmm, 64 is the hardest in the series next to the Amazing Mirror. Followed by Nightmare in DreamLand. I think you should try anyone of those. But I'd say Nightmare in DreamLand is the best starting Kirby game, since it's really simple (Due to it being a remake) and games like Super Star Ultra build on it from there.

Epic Yarn isn't really a traditional Kirby game.

It isn't and I just brought it up since Epic Yarn kind of annoys me like Sticker Star. I've played a little of Nightmare in Dreamland and I've completed Amazing Mirror forever ago. I do have the Kirby Dream Collection which I've yet to open so I'll probably get to 64 and some others one of these days. I remember thinking Amazing Mirror was super great, but most of the others I've dabbled with are way easier. It also having all those spraypaints for Kirby was super cool.

3rd Strike pre battle jingle thing

And there it is. Thanks.

To Aaron, AbuBeats, Mrgoodwil, and Skrams

He said Miku and "it's hard to say" when I asked about the song.
I can't wait for the anime-watchers to get to where you're at. I love the later fights.
This is like someone saying their favorite ice cream is vanilla.
What a terrible opinion. That man is a weeb alright.
Respectable. But, he should have a favorite song.

Yeah, this guy seems kind of shit. You said his favorite anime was Bleach right? How does one even bring up Project Diva then goes with Miku and no favorite song too? He seems like a bland kind of guy who doesn't really know what he likes. Also Miku is respectable, but I'd only respect it if he had actual reasons besides she's the most popular or most songs.

Edit- Didn't want to say it since it just sounds mean, but yeah, he might be a fraud.

Make fun of him for having shit taste in video games, then pull out your copy of wonderful 101.

Don't tell me you hate Project Diva too. Joose, still listen to this advice though.

360pages

It isn't and I just brought it up since Epic Yarn kind of annoys me like Sticker Star. I've played a little of Nightmare in Dreamland and I've completed Amazing Mirror forever ago. I do have the Kirby Dream Collection which I've yet to open so I'll probably get to 64 and some others one of these days. I remember thinking Amazing Mirror was super great, but most of the others I've dabbled with are way easier. It also having all those spraypaints for Kirby was super cool.

And there it is. Thanks.

Yeah, this guy seems kind of shit. You said his favorite anime was Bleach right? How does one even bring up Project Diva then goes with Miku and no favorite song too? He seems like a bland kind of guy who doesn't really know what he likes. Also Miku is respectable, but I'd only respect it if he had actual reasons besides she's the most popular or most songs.

Honestly, Super Star Ultra destroys the original, so I'd say skipping playing the original Super Star if you have plans on getting ultra.

Also Miku is respectable, but I'd only respect it if he had actual reasons besides she's the most popular or most songs.

Miku is my second favorite and I actually choose her more than the twins, mainly because I love her colors for the robot idol thing. The green and grey is so opposite of what I'd expect from an idol character that it screams future to me, which makes me like her all the more.

Twins are still cutest, though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Miku is my second favorite and I actually choose her more than the twins, mainly because I love her colors for the robot idol thing. The green and grey is so opposite of what I'd expect from an idol character that it screams future to me, which makes me like her all the more.

Best Vocaloid: Miku
Best Actual Songs: Luka
Most KAWAII DESU NE: Twins

ultimax

BEST SONG
It's only dumb since they could've just labeled it as 3.5 and then it'd be whatever.

I'm planning on buying one still.
10/10 you got the reference

Luka > Miku > Rin
sorry goodwil
> rest doesn't matter

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I can agree with most of that... Songs... I'd have to listen to them all again, but I think I like more Miku songs.

Well, I mean, yeah. I also like more Miku songs just by virtue of the fact that Miku has significantly more songs than any of the others. But I tend to like Luka's songs the best.

semisonic

Banned
Well, I mean, yeah. I also like more Miku songs just by virtue of the fact that Miku has significantly more songs than any of the others. But I tend to like Luka's songs the best.

It really took me a while to get over the awkward tone shifts inherent to autotune. It took suit luka to get me on board.
I also haven't listened to enough vocaloids, but do they have, like... Different artificial voices?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It really took me a while to get over the awkward tone shifts inherent to autotune. It took suit luka to get me on board.
I also haven't listened to enough vocaloids, but do they have, like... Different artificial voices?

They do, and really they're not "artificial", so to speak. All the vocaloid's sound banks are provided by voice actors. Miku is Saki Fujita, for instance.

They do, and most have improved with new voice banks over the years, especially if you listen to stuff back around '08 and compare to now.

It's funny though how Kaito is one of my least favorite vocaloids (only one being worse is Meiko) but has one of my favorite songs in F 2nd, primarily because it uses the Kaito V3 voice bank and actually sounds incredible.

Skrams

We might as well do this.
Luka>Miku>Len>Rin>Meiko=Kaito?

Not really sure about Meiko and Kaito, but eh. I really like some of the songs they're in, but they have so few that I just don't know. Project Diva f 2nd really gave a boost to me liking Meiko and Kaito though. It also made me put Luka at the top when before I might of gone with Miku or the twins. I should play more f 2nd.

I also like Len more since Fire Flower.

Best Vocaloid: Miku
Best Actual Songs: Luka
Most KAWAII DESU NE: Twins

This is probably the actual correct answer.

I was also going to talk about Hello, Worker since it's the best. In the first game with DYE I kind of disliked Luka for that. World's End Dance Hall is pretty good though. I think most of the other songs have her as mostly backup.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I was also going to talk about Hello, Worker since it's the best. In the first game with DYE I kind of disliked Luka for that. World's End Dance Hall is pretty good though. I think most of the other songs have her as mostly backup.

I'm probably in the minority since I think DYE is actually a really damn good song. Hello, Worker is great too, though it kinda murdered me the first few times I played it. Shit's tough!

This is probably the actual correct answer.

mQCTkEp.gif

Top Bottom