• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

WOJzVdW.gif
Hey guys whats-

semisonic

Banned
They do, and most have improved with new voice banks over the years, especially if you listen to stuff back around '08 and compare to now.

It's funny though how Kaito is one of my least favorite vocaloids (only one being worse is Meiko) but has one of my favorite songs in F 2nd, primarily because it uses the Kaito V3 voice bank and actually sounds incredible.

Man Kaito seems like the worst, but this song is super gud
It barely even sounds autotuned. Like, you can hear it, but just barely.

Best Vocaloid song is Bad End Night, which has not been in a goddamn Project Diva game and that fact continues to make me furious!
Damn that was rad. I'd love to have a song with everyone.
They do, and most have improved with new voice banks over the years, especially if you listen to stuff back around '08 and compare to now.

It's funny though how Kaito is one of my least favorite vocaloids (only one being worse is Meiko) but has one of my favorite songs in F 2nd, primarily because it uses the Kaito V3 voice bank and actually sounds incredible.
THEY MADE HIM NOT SOUND TERRIBLE AND IT'S ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD HOLY SHIT
Stop trying to convert me god damn it
because its totally working and i do not appreciate this blasphemy
Miku x Rin dabes
And for Aaron

Skrams

I just want P4 DAN to come out so I can play Project Diva without having to listen to autotune.

Maybe I've just blocked it out, but I don't feel like I hear it that often. Or I'm just not bothered by it since the songs are so great. God though, I want Dancing All Night so fucking bad. If it's just Miku gameplay, but P4 tracks then I'm fine. Just put it in my veins.

I also find him to be my least favorite with Meiko, but I really fucking like Cantarella and Pair of Wintry Winds in the second game. I didn't care for all of his 2 or 3 songs in the first.

Ilvocare

What the actual fuck, Booster can actually be fought in SMRPG??? Like directly?

I've played that game like 4 times over the time since its release and I did NOT know this. Congratulations Best Friends, I learn things that I'm not certain I wanted to know every day.

I fucking love Liam but this episode is one of his darkest turns in playing ability and I'm afraid for the future.

semisonic

Banned
But Hanamaru kindergarten is so cute! It goes back to the thing of people assuming people who like cute shit immediately want to fuck those cute things. I just think they're cute as hell

It's saccharine. So sweet it's kinda disgusting.
I just really don't like it. Like in moderation, sure. That lion gif, sure.
But...
It's not great.

Maybe I've just blocked it out, but I don't feel like I hear it that often. Or I'm just not bothered by it since the songs are so great. God though, I want Dancing All Night so fucking bad. If it's just Miku gameplay, but P4 tracks then I'm fine. Just put it in my veins.

You're probably just used to it. I only recently got into Project Diva/Vocaloid music. Also, it's going to be Project Diva with Persona music. That is, assuming Atlus is still working with Dingo .
Holy shit, if that was in DAN, it would be the only song i'd ever play. its so good.

That and Unbreakable Ties from P2 would be the best.

Oberon

Banned
There's nothing that confuses me more than those project dive and idol talk.
I am getting old? I don't know what is hip anymore.

P1 and P2's soundtrack wouldn't work for a rhythm game. Not enough vocal tracks. Although, it'd be cool if they added a few of them as a bonus or even dlc. I want "School Days" in there.

FUCK YEAH SCHOOL DAYS. I forgot to mention by P1 I meant the Remake music. Whenever I think of Persona I think of Remake's intro and menu music now. I just want more By Your Side

Ilvocare

The games are actually really good rhythm games, regardless of your opinion of anime. There's a demo on PSN, you should give it a shot.

I love rhythm games, and I'm neutral on the Vocaloids as characters, but the autotune is dealbreaking. I rarely enjoy vocals in songs in the first place (due to my dad's incessant pushing of kareoke), and autotune is one of the worst things the music industry tried to push as "good". So when you make an entire phenomenon around that...

Ugh.

croten

I love rhythm games, and I'm neutral on the Vocaloids as characters, but the autotune is dealbreaking. I rarely enjoy vocals in songs in the first place (due to my dad's incessant pushing of kareoke), and autotune is one of the worst things the music industry tried to push as "good". So when you make an entire phenomenon around that...

Ugh.

Tell me this is bad.

Aren't you one of, if not the youngest one here? You gotta get with the times man!

Ugh.

Eh, I like it.

What the actual fuck, Booster can actually be fought in SMRPG??? Like directly?

I've played that game like 4 times over the time since its release and I did NOT know this. Congratulations Best Friends, I learn things that I'm not certain I wanted to know every day.

I fucking love Liam but this episode is one of his darkest turns in playing ability and I'm afraid for the future.

They missed out on the amulet didn't they?

If so, then they have a snowball's chance in hell to beat Culex.

You're not the only one. I'm too old for this vocaloid shit. I'm surprised letterman allowed it on the show.

Except for the ending song, P2's OST wouldn't work and even then the tone is really off from the rest of the game. It would be cool to hear some of the new P1 OSTs in there tho.

You forgot Unbreakable Ties. Fraud detected.
Ignoring your bad opinion
:p

I just think it'd be amazing to get Raidou, DDS, or Nocturne/SMTIV music in there. Nothing like playing along to Demi-fiend dancing and yelling "ONE MORE GOD REJECTED"

I can't see that happening. Much like P1 and P2, their soundtracks are, for a lack of a batter term, too JRPG-ey.

semisonic

Banned

You're not the only one. I'm too old for this vocaloid shit. I'm surprised letterman allowed it on the show.

I think they might've already fucked up on leveling enough that it's long gone.

You forgot Unbreakable Ties. Fraud detected.
I can't see that happening. Much like P1 and P2, their soundtracks are, for a lack of a batter term, too JRPG-ey.
I'm kidding, though I would like it, but the fact that the songs are mainly non-vocal means they probably wouldn't work since Project Diva is, I think, generally built for songs with vocals. Most notes are tied to the singing.
YEEEEAAAAH Raidou's the coolest
I still haven't touched the games.
Me neither

Skrams

You're probably just used to it. I only recently got into Project Diva/Vocaloid music. Also, it's going to be Project Diva with Persona music. That is, assuming Atlus is still working with Dingo .

Did we ever get clarification for when Dingo was removed from that one DAN website? I don't have much hope for it to be Miku gameplay if they were taken off the project.

But younger tho. It's also because the songs are fun and the vocaloids are cute. At least that's probably it for most people. A lot of people don't talk about it, but the gameplay in the games is super fun. It's just a simple rhythm game presented in a good style with good music that is fast and fun to play. It's pretty great. I didn't give a shit about vocaloids or any of that before buying the Vita version of Project Diva f back around October. After getting super into it I went and preordered f 2nd since it was coming out in November. Man, Project Diva da best.

Oberon

Banned
Aren't you one of, if not the youngest one here? You gotta get with the times man!
Eh, I like it.

The times are going too fast for me, I still haven't finish ippo!

I am just not sure what the actual discussion here is? It's like an indirect Waifu war or somthing?

Top Bottom