• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Oberon

Banned
I like the non nonchalantness of you just handing it over and saying read.

Also nah,
she doesn't deserve it since she just tripped over her dick and accidentally dominatrixed. It seems pretty fucking obvious a masochist would enjoy it Risa. Why did you even try to feed him? You should of given him a bone then set the rest 5 feet away. He doesn't even dream about you. He's too out of it. Hana instead sticks to her morals and punches people whenever. Also boners.

Funny, the girl said the same thing.

I just noticed somthing, boner beats urine, urine beats bottle, and bottle beats boner

Just found out about Rising 2

Really hope it would take place in alternate universe starring Gray Fox. (Definitely not happening)

Platinum for ZOE 3 after Rising 2 pls ;_;

Xiraiya

Seeing as Platinum has never made a bad game I'm sure they can.

Well I'm not really worried about Platinum as much as I'm worried about Kojima and Platinum working together. I trust them both enough separately which means I have no real reason to doubt them as a working team. Yet I feel like RISING was a fluke that came out of a messy and broken project and that it could have just been a case of it turning out really good because no one had the time to really think too hard about it.

A case of less being more.

croten

Well I'm not really worried about Platinum as much as I'm worried about Kojima and Platinum working together. I trust them both enough separately which means I have no real reason to doubt them as a working team. Yet I feel like RISING was a fluke that came out of a messy and broken project and that it could have just been a case of it turning out really good because no one had the time to really think too hard about it.

A case of less being more.

Any flaws Rising had were the result of a gimped development time and from having to salvage what was left from what the original game was supposed to be. If Platinum are working on this from the start and are given a decent amount of time with it then I see no reason as to why this game wouldn't be amazing.

Xiraiya

tumblr_nflyspbVk11tc258so1_1280.jpg
Shrine of Amana is certainly looking better in Scholar Of The First Sin

It's a cave in New Zealand

Seeing as Platinum has never made a bad game I'm sure they can.

They've never made a mechanically bad game, but their sales are lackluster.

I want them to continue making great games, but it's only a matter of time that they need to have a super monster hit again to stay alive.

I want them to continue making great games, but it's only a matter of time that they need to have a super monster hit again to stay alive.
Their highest selling title is MGR, and people still keep coming for them for work.

They will be fine.

Skrams

I really hope they have more time for this one. A easy way of switch weapons
or actually good boss weapons
, and more varied environment/ enemy is what am hoping for.

I want to say they didn't have weapon switch on a button in the first due to RAM issues, but I might be dumb. It would be stupid if we didn't get the ability with it being on newer consoles.

Shrine of Amana is certainly looking better in Scholar Of The First Sin

It's a cave in New Zealand

I assumed Dear Esther because video games, but that's cool too.

I'm tired, but did my daily Gintama. Not Dio is cool and I hope he gets cooler or more scumbagy.

As long as they can keep tricking publishers into giving them money for random projects then I'll be fine.

Xiraiya

I'm tired, but did my daily Gintama. Not Dio is cool and I hope he gets cooler or more scumbagy.

The first major Takasugi arc is the Benizakura one, first real "This shit has gotten too real" part of Gintama, he pops up throughout the series, he's a long term planning kind of guy, the current/most recent manga arc was very heavily about him, so you won't be disappointed.

Skrams

Didn't they make an rpg that was pretty bad?

I've always heard that Infinite Space was barely even worked on by them. It was mostly done by a company called Nude Maker.

How do you know that?

I mean, 171 employees is fairly small-midsized, but we're not certain how many staffed employees or vendors that involves.

Have you seen the Korra game? It's not that far-fetched to believe they work for cheap.

I've always heard that Infinite Space was barely even worked on by them. It was mostly done by a company called Nude Maker.

Have you seen the Korra game? It's not that far-fetched to believe they work for cheap.

I believe the going rate for them to make a game is one instant udon bowl and a bottle of saki.

Sometimes they even give them a sleeping bag for each new project.

857270529.jpg

Kamiya's Sleeping Bag while working on W101.

They only get a new sleeping bag if they the game they release sells 1M copies or more, new employees don't even get a sleeping bag, they all just huddle in the break room in a corner for warmth.

I don't like the parry system works in MGR. The parry button is the same with the attack button. Just simply use left thumbstick and press square for the entire of the game and you could pass through the campaign pretty easily.

They should've put circle button for parrying, it's heavily underused in the game.

I don't like the parry system works in MGR. The parry button is the same with the attack button. Just simply use left thumbstick and press square for the entire of the game and you could pass through the campaign pretty easily.

They should've put circle button for parrying, it's heavily underused in the game.
Now that you mention it, what is circle used for? Other than zandatsu, if memory serves.

Skrams

You're right. Mario sucks too. I got through those games with only the jump button. What the fuck Nintendo? At least assign different jump heights to different buttons.

At least that is what you're sounding like to me right now. I see no problem with making a good gameplay choice of having parry on the same button as attack. Attack and when you're being attacked you don't need to switch buttons. You just parry it immediately. There's not really a good reason to put it on B.

Now that you mention it, what is circle used for? Other than zandatsu, if memory serves.

The manual just says action button. So Zandatsus, QTEs, and other junk.

You're right. Mario sucks too. I got through those games with only the jump button. What the fuck Nintendo? At least assign different jump heights to different buttons.

At least that is what you're sounding like to me right now. I see no problem with making a good gameplay choice of having parry on the same button as attack. Attack and when you're being attacked you don't need to switch buttons. You just parry it immediately. There's not really a good reason to put it on B.
Having it be the same button as attack made the game way easier though. It really woulda been better to have parry be a separate button.

Edit: Maybe not better, but at least a little more challenging.

Sometimes they even give them a sleeping bag for each new project.

857270529.jpg

Kamiya's Sleeping Bag while working on W101.

Right now, if it meant being in the same company as Kamiya and Inaba, I'd gladly sleep in my cubicle so that I could learn their development methodologies.

Skrams

Having it be the same button as attack made the game way easier though. It really woulda been better to have parry be a separate button.

Edit: Maybe not better, but at least a little more challenging.

Moving my finger over to hit B instead of X for parries isn't more challenging. It's like a tiny speedbump every 20 feet on a highway. I could obviously get use to it if it was the default from the beginning, but it's not like the game is actually any harder for any good reason. All you did was make it .1 second longer for me to prepare a parry.

It's fine if you wanted B to be some other cool combat action since it's only used for context sensitive things, but I see little point of moving the parry to it.

Might as well just give Raiden lightning shurikens on B so he can use it as a really shitty Ebony and Ivory.

Moving my finger over to hit B instead of X for parries isn't more challenging. It's like a tiny speedbump every 20 feet on a highway. I could obviously get use to it if it was the default from the beginning, but it's not like the game is actually any harder for any good reason. All you did was make it .1 second longer for me to prepare a parry.

It's fine if you wanted B to be some other cool combat action since it's only used for context sensitive things, but I see little point of moving the parry to it.
I don't mean b specifically. Another button in gemeral, or a different combo. Just something other than forward and attack.

Right now, if it meant being in the same company as Kamiya and Inaba, I'd gladly sleep in my cubicle so that I could learn their development methodologies.

Kamiya: "No make it even bigger"

Modeller: "But Kamiya if we make it bigger it might crash the entire console"

Kamiya: "And give it glasses too"

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I'm curious if any of you have seen the double down dog yet. It looks like hot death.

People freak out over things like this and yet, when you think about it, it's not really bad at all. It's a fried chicken patty and a hot dog. People eat more/worse than that in one sitting at your average family gathering (especially something like a BBQ).

People freak out over things like this and yet, when you think about it, it's not really bad at all. It's a fried chicken patty and a hot dog. People eat more/worse than that in one sitting at your average family gathering (especially something like a BBQ).
True enough I suppose. Still, I think it's funny that someone at kfc thought to themselves 'we need to make this real'. Like who thinks of shit like that?

Top Bottom