• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

croten

And I made it.
b37wpPF.png

Beloved

It's okay in moderation, the dank, not the weird hot dog thing. Nothing I could do on a daily basis. Hookah is pretty great though.

Well considering I ate one of the original double downs..I already kinda know what it tastes like so I'm good.

I dont have a problem with other people doing it in moderation but it's been ruined completely for me personally, I have pretty much zero desire to touch weed again in any capacity.

I dont have a problem with other people doing it in moderation but it's been ruined completely for me personally, I have pretty much zero desire to touch weed again in any capacity.

It's more of a party thing for me, if I have booze that goes with it. Hookah is a norm though, I laugh at everyone with their small hookah pipes calling them vapes or some shit.

Wait, so kfc food is a stand now?
The Colonel is Fraudwil's stand confirmed.

Beloved

It's more of a party thing for me, if I have booze that goes with it. Hookah is a norm though, I laugh at everyone with their small hookah pipes calling them vapes or some shit.

I've only combined alcohol and marijuana once and it was a very very bad night.

Never again.

Does different things to different people. Usually just realllyyyyy mellows me out.

I'm just gonna go ahead and get you guys some high cholesterol medicine now.
Yeah, I'll need it. I can feel my arteries clogging just thinking about...what're we calling this? Chicken Chariot? Colonel Silver?

Xiraiya

It's okay in moderation, the dank, not the weird hot dog thing. Nothing I could do on a daily basis. Hookah is pretty great though.
Well considering I ate one of the original double downs..I already kinda know what it tastes like so I'm good.

It's all pretty goddamn stupid as far as I'm concerned.

I should clarify that it was A LOT of alcohol and A LOT of weed.

This was also like 10 years ago.
Oh geez. Well then moderation being the key word here.

Yeah, I'll need it. I can feel my arteries clogging just thinking about...what're we calling this? Chicken Chariot? Colonel Silver?
Greasy Chariot.
It's all pretty goddamn stupid as far as I'm concerned.
Well I'll respect that opinion.
I can't help it man. The stereotypes man! They're too strong!
You gotta fight it man!

Beloved

Marijuana is better than a lot of things, it makes no sense that it's illegal but alcohol isn't but on the flipside of that, I cannot STAND stoner culture. If you smoke it, FINE, but if you are doing it all day every day and it's half (or more) of all you talk about, THERE'S A FUCKING PROBLEM. So many people try to glamorize it like it's some badass or cool thing to do. No, it's a drug, a better one than a lot of things but a drug regardless and if you are smoking something to make yourself feel better every goddamn day then you need to examine your life choices.

The exception being people that have legitimate medical or mental conditions and it helps them, I can't begrudge someone that. But still call it what it is (self medicating) and don't make it out like everyone should be doing it.

Marijuana is better than a lot of things, it makes no sense that it's illegal but alcohol isn't but on the flipside of that, I cannot STAND stoner culture. If you smoke it, FINE, but if you are doing it all day every day and it's half (or more) of all you talk about, THERE'S A FUCKING PROBLEM. So many people try to glamorize it like it's some badass or cool thing to do. No, it's a drug, a better one than a lot of things but a drug regardless and if you are smoking something to make yourself feel better every goddamn day then you need to examine your life choices.

The exception being people that have legitimate medical or mental conditions and it helps them, I can't begrudge someone that. But still call it what it is (self medicating) and don't make it out like everyone should be doing it.

If i had the option, i would probably smoke everyday. There's nothing wrong with smoking. I would rather smoke than drink, but i drink because its legal and easier to get than weed.

This basically sums it up perfectly. Glorification is a big problem.

Xiraiya

It's fine! At least it's not shit like heroin, x or meth. Weeds pretty harmless all things considered. More so than alcohol at least.

Oh yeah, it's totally harmless, if you call turning yourself into a brain addled reject over a long period of time with the memory and attention span of a goldfish "harmless" then sure.
It might be harmless enough as an experiment for a brief period of time but that is complete and utter bullshit in the long term, it really is.

Watch enough people spend over a decade smoking it regularly and you see the long term effects.

It's illegal because it would of ran the paper and cotton industry out of business because back before it was made illegal hemp was being used as a cheap material to make nearly everything.

I don't get stoner culture either, not sure how just sitting around all day getting high makes you a cool guy. Oh well.

croten

Oh yeah, it's totally harmless, if you call turning yourself into a brain addled reject over a long period of time with the memory and attention span of a goldfish "harmless" then sure.
It might be harmless enough as an experiment for a brief period of time but that is complete and utter bullshit in the long term, it really is.

Weed has no long term effects.

It's illegal because it would of ran the paper and cotton industry out of business because back before it was made illegal hemp was being used as a cheap material to make nearly everything.

I don't get stoner culture either, not sure how just sitting around all day getting high makes you a cool guy. Oh well.

Whats the difference between sitting around all day and gaming/watching anime and doing the same but with smoking instead?

That's...a little extreme. And I didn't say completely harmless. Just that by comparison. Plus, my brother's been smoking it since he was 12 and 'brain addled' is the last thing I'd call him. Now, anecdotal evidence maybe, but when the other side demonizes it by comparing it to meth and cocaine, I'll stick with the anecdote.

Top Bottom