• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Beloved

If i had the option, i would probably smoke everyday. There's nothing wrong with smoking. I would rather smoke than drink, but i drink because its legal and easier to get than weed.

It's your choice to do it, but my main issue is pushing it on other people and/or glamorizing it.

Weed has no long term effects.

That is absolutely not true, it's just not as harmful as smoking cigs or drinking heavily.

Inhaling smoke into your lungs is not healthy, even if it's marijuana. And if you've been around anyone who has been smoking it regularly for years and years, their memory is completely shit. Not to mention since it's not legal most places and therefore not regulated, there are often harmful chemicals or even other drugs laced into marijuana.

The healthiest way to regularly ingest it would be eating it (pot brownies and things like that), but I'ver met a stoner that didnt smoke it more than any other method.

It's your choice to do it, but my main issue is pushing it on other people and/or glamorizing it.

That is absolutely not true, it's just not as harmful as smoking cigs or drinking heavily.

Inhaling smoke into your lungs is not healthy, even if it's marijuana. And if you've been around anyone who has been smoking it regularly for years and years, their memory is completely shit. Not to mention since it's not legal most places and therefore not regulated, there are often harmful chemicals or even other drugs laced into marijuana.

The healthiest way to regularly ingest it would be eating it (pot brownies and things like that), but I'ver met a stoner that didnt smoke it more than any other method.

I can vouch for this, I've seen some really smart people go to being almost brain dead zombies because they smoked way too much.
I don't know man, I watched sword art. I'm pretty sure that had some effect.
So don't watch shitty anime, same thing as don't smoke shitty pot.

Marijuana is better than a lot of things, it makes no sense that it's illegal but alcohol isn't but on the flipside of that, I cannot STAND stoner culture. If you smoke it, FINE, but if you are doing it all day every day and it's half (or more) of all you talk about, THERE'S A FUCKING PROBLEM. So many people try to glamorize it like it's some badass or cool thing to do. No, it's a drug, a better one than a lot of things but a drug regardless and if you are smoking something to make yourself feel better every goddamn day then you need to examine your life choices.

The exception being people that have legitimate medical or mental conditions and it helps them, I can't begrudge someone that. But still call it what it is (self medicating) and don't make it out like everyone should be doing it.

If i had the option, i would probably smoke everyday. There's nothing wrong with smoking. I would rather smoke than drink, but i drink because its legal and easier to get than weed.

Put it on the ballot, I'll vote pro-weed.

I'd rather see it taxed, regulated, and legalized than be something that people kill each other over because "competition".

It's atrocious that the US has the nerve to declare a drug war(against certain people mind you) when in the same breath we're one of the biggest drug consumer markets in the world, both legal and illicit.

Put attention towards surgeon general warning labels and such. Put it towards informing the people of the physiological and mental aspects of drug dependency. Put funds towards better prepping rehabilitation centers. Do not jail people who are using it recreationally.

I've felt that the war against drugs has been the fed. gov't declaring war against people of color, considering how disproportionate drug convictions are skewed in urban areas towards people of color.

Weed has no long term effects.

Care to cite a study there?

Because I can never find a study or peer-reviewed group affirming this.

They were probably doing something worse than weed then.

Well unless they did it behind my back, because I was normally with them.
No, Croten's right, he's the expert on Weed here.

Nevermind living with it for years and years and knowing that's all it was, he'll know better and set us on the straight and narrow path of correctness.
I've been around it my whole life, my family didn't make it a secret that they all basically smoked so it was never a huge deal to me. I know what it does long term and in excess use. It's his opinion, if he believes it to be correct then so be it.

Xiraiya

Well unless they did it behind my back, because I was normally with them.

Nevermind living with it for years and years and knowing that's all it was, he'll know better and set us on the straight and narrow path of correctness.

Beloved

Put it on the ballot, I'll vote pro-weed.

I'd rather see it taxed, regulated, and legalized than be something that people kill each other over because "competition".

It's atrocious that the US has the nerve to declare a drug war(against certain people mind you) when in the same breath we're one of the biggest drug consumer markets in the world, both legal and illicit.

Put attention towards surgeon general warning labels and such. Put it towards informing the people of the physiological and mental aspects of drug dependency. Put funds towards better prepping rehabilitation centers. Do not jail people who are using it recreationally.

I've felt that the war against drugs has been the fed. gov't declaring war against people of color, considering how disproportionate drug convictions are skewed in urban areas towards people of color.

I completely agree that it should be legalized and regulated. Especially for medical purposes.

The US is ridiculous about so many things.

ultimax

I vote to change the topic because we're starting to inch closer and closer to political views and that is never a good thing.

Exactly, i say we go back to MoeGAF
1240278945307.gif

Xiraiya

Yo, tell me how prof. birch is a useless punk? He's a grown ass man gettin chased by a poochyena!
Yes, I am replaying omega rubym
Yeah I always found that a little weird, maybe if it was a mightyena, put your Lv5 Torchic up against some evolved thing.

I completely agree that it should be legalized and regulated. Especially for medical purposes.
Yeah I agree too.

croten

Care to cite a study there?

Because I can never find a study or peer-reviewed group affirming this.
no studies unfortunately but nearly everyone I know over 40 smoked pretty heavily when they were young and I they don't have any issues with their memory or their general health.

Never smoked it in my life if that's what your implying

Xiraiya

And later he gets chased by his wife! And he thinks she's a pokemon! What an amazing professor!

The next Pokemon region needs to be themed on Australia, You get your level 5 Fire type Dingaroo and straight into the first route encountering a level 18 Huntsa Bug type spider looking Pokemon, good luck.

Beloved

no studies unfortunately but nearly everyone I know over 40 smoked pretty heavily when they were young and I they don't have any issues with their memory or their general health.

And there are people who smoke cigs their whole life and live to 90 and never get cancer.

Just because they arent experiencing ill affects now in their 40s doesnt mean it hasn't shortened their life span or caused/will cause other problems.

The next Pokemon region needs to be themed on Australia, You get your level 5 Fire type Dingaroo and straight into the first route encountering a level 18 Huntsa Bug type spider looking Pokemon, good luck.
And every pokemon is spider, snake, or drop bear themed. I think we may be on to something.

Xiraiya

And all poison damage is toxic damage.
For those who may not know, toxic is super poison. Basically.

And every route has the sunny day effect, even snowy areas.
A Legendary Pokemon lives under the big rock in the center of the region.

It's a rainbow Snake thing.

On this, I don't agree.

Have two separate grades for recreational and for medicinal use.

Medicinal use should not be abused the same way Oxycontin or other script drugs should not be abused by 20-30 somethings.

Have rec use and then medical grade use and fine/inprison people who overstep the line.

On this, I don't agree.

Have two separate grades for recreational and for medicinal use.

Medicinal use should not be abused the same way Oxycontin or other script drugs should not be abused by 20-30 somethings.

Have rec use and then medical grade use and fine/inprison people who overstep the line.
How would you propose they do this? Have cops equipped with THC testing kits at all times so when they smell weed they can check the grade of it? I don't see how they could regulate something like that or why they would do that in the first place.

Oberon

Banned
Did I miss politicalGaf?

Anyway, I just noticed that Prime trilogy is a western game, so I had throw my Wiiu out of the Window, what a shame but it had to be done.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Grass types are good most of the time, top of the list being Bulbasaur and Treeco.
I won't be on much today because of work and I'm going to a dance tonight, but I just wanted to post something quick.
How fucking good is the Death Parade OP?

Did I miss politicalGaf?

Anyway, I just noticed that Prime trilogy is a western game, so I had throw my Wiiu out of the Window, what a shame but it had to be done.

Yeah, it's really a shame that all western games are garbage and just unplayable.

Did I miss politicalGaf?

Didn't know that.

So, are first person perspective games from japan exist??

Also, starting reading Steel Ball Run :D

Top Bottom