• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

I don't care. If it's on 60 then you allow the game to run at 60. There is no justifiable excuse for it on PC.

The excuse is that it won't look like south park. I'm super anal about frame rate and I don't even complain about this.

Man, people with 120/144Hz monitors must be mad when games are hardcapped to 60.

I've been thinking about buying a 144hrtz monitor for a while now. Just so I can take huge shits on people who play multiplayer games at 60 fps

croten

The excuse is that it won't look like south park. I'm super anal about frame rate and I don't even complain about this.

I don't care if it doesn't look like south park. All games on PC need to be allowed to run at 60, preferably higher. This sounds exactly like that Cinematic 30FPS bullshit to me.

Squishy3

I don't care if it doesn't look like south park. All games on PC need to be allowed to run at 60, preferably higher. This sounds exactly like that Cinematic 30FPS bullshit to me.
I'm a 60 FPS enthusiast and I don't give a fuck that Stick of Truth doesn't have a 60+ option.

Xiraiya

Even if they had designed the game to run at 60, the animations of every "sprite" would still not be animated with 60 frames in the first place, so it would end up being exactly the same.

Don't be stupid.

I've been thinking about buying a 144hrtz monitor for a while now. Just so I can take huge shits on people who play multiplayer games at 60 fps
This is why I will never make the switch. I'd probably go insane.
I'd have to have one of each just so I would be forced into using 120/144 for the capped games.
DUDE, SHUT UP.
Jontron's da bess.
LETS GO
Even if they had designed the game to run at 60, the animations of every "sprite" would still not be animated with 60 frames in the first place, so it would end up being exactly the same.

Don't be stupid.
The only thing that is hurt by it is scrolling

croten

Don't be stupid.

I understand why they do it. I get why they do it. I don't give shit though. 60 or bust.

But it's not. People complain about the order being 30 because that's a shooter with reaction time involved. Stick of truth is a turn based RPG. Frame rate also affects animation quality. Stick of truth has barely any animations because they are going for the south park art style. Putting it in 60 would make the game look generally worse because then it would distance itself from the art style that matt and trey created.

You are literally the only person who has ever complained about this

croten

But it's not. People complain about the order being 30 because that's a shooter with reaction time involved. Stick of truth is a turn based RPG. Frame rate also affects animation quality. Stick of truth has barely any animations because they are going for the south park art style. Putting it in 60 would make the game look generally worse because then it would distance itself from the art style that matt and trey created.

You are literally the only person who has ever complained about this

I will always complain when a PC game isn't 60.

I love Cross Ange so much. It's terrible.

9b3pdjd.gif

I will always complain when a PC game isn't 60.
It's really only worth complaining when 60 has a benefit over 30, otherwise it doesn't change it. In this specific case it'd look the same except for background scrolling.
More or less, but with all the characters jerking around, you wouldn't really notice a difference in scrolling unless you were intentionally playing attention to it.
That's a person to person thing, but yeah.

Top Bottom