• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Zenfalcia

DP'd like a true friender.

image.php

Only true frienders DP like a champ.
Good woman man.

zs1AIbO.gif

Xiraiya

After watching the latest SH2 Part I had to post this comment.
I want to see a return of Pre-rendered backgrounds, I want to see what the hell something like the PS4 can do with 1080p Pre-rendered backgrounds with all of the console's power going straight into just character and enemy models, run it all at 60 with proper Anti-aliasing (For once) I just want to see it.

Show me characters that take most of the goddamn console's power to render without worrying about backgrounds.

This seems a tiiiiiny bit past the creepy line.

Like not much, but a little.
I don't mean it in a creepy way. I suppose it could be taken that way though, my bad.

Only true frienders DP like a champ.

zs1AIbO.gif
I haven't DP'd in awhile.

I wouldn't say they're subtle, they're just not subjects children may understand. An adult however will pick that shit up in an instant.

But to finish that Freaky Fred discussion: I think what made that episode special for me was that with almost every other episode, there is a source of all of your feelings. That is to say, there is a clear reason why you might be feeling fear or disgust (Like Ramses in the slab episode is obviously the reason why you're scared). With Freaky Fred, there was none as a child. Sure, Fred looks creepy and the music is monumentally fucked up, but as a kid you still just somehow know that's not the reason. You have no source to link your feelings of disturbance with until you grow much older, which is why I love and hate that episode.

Woof. For Nickelodeon? Yeah, probably a bit too dark. Would have liked to see it though.
I miss old cartoons =/

Does anyone know where I could watch the Babadook? After hearing about it on the podcast and after angry joe mentioned it, I want to give it a shot.

After watching the latest SH2 Part I had to post this comment.
Show me characters that take most of the goddamn console's power to render without worrying about backgrounds.
I think the deciding factors there would be how goddamn expensive and time consuming and difficult it would be to make something that detailed and render those backgrounds to look that nice.

That said, I certainly want it too, and I think Silent Hills would be a prime candidate.

semisonic

Banned
Speaking of MonHun, does anyone have a spare demo code?
I'm at a bad spot in 3U because I only have good thunder weapons, and to upgrade my fire I need HR agnaktor parts, which I need my ice sword to kill, to upgrade which I need glacial agnaktor parts, which I need my fire sword to kill.
It's irritating as fuck, and I wanna get hype again before my n3ds arrives in 2 weeks.

JoJo94

I wouldn't say they're subtle, they're just not subjects children may understand. An adult however will pick that shit up in an instant.

But to finish that Freaky Fred discussion: I think what made that episode special for me was that with almost every other episode, there is a source of all of your feelings. That is to say, there is a clear reason why you might be feeling fear or disgust (Like Ramses in the slab episode is obviously the reason why you're scared). With Freaky Fred, there was none as a child. Sure, Fred looks creepy and the music is monumentally fucked up, but as a kid you still just somehow know that's not the reason. You have no source to link your feelings of disturbance with until you grow much older, which is why I love and hate that episode.

Woof. For Nickelodeon? Yeah, probably a bit too dark. Would have liked to see it though.

Same here, what I read of it sounded pretty interesting.

I hate to mention Cracked but they had a good point on the Freaky Fred episode of Courage the Cowardly dog/

Its an episode about pedophilia. Rather than being molested, its about cutting hair. Its that horribleness of being trapped with an adult who can't control their urges and the viewer not fully understanding the situation. Its easily the most fucked up episode of the show

^^^^^Trigger warning

Mrgoodwil was the shame car driver last time, though. In his own thread no less. What a loser.

That ship sailed the moment you started posting in this thread.
There's no way around that if you hang around us. You're creeping them out just by being here.

Oh geez, Now Senpai will never notice me!

Not even if I make him a John Cena bento box!

the secret ingrediant is
..BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAPPLEDOUGH

croten

I hate to mention Cracked but they had a good point on the Freaky Fred episode of Courage the Cowardly dog/

Its an episode about pedophilia. Rather than being molested, its about cutting hair. Its that horribleness of being trapped with an adult who can't control their urges and the viewer not fully understanding the situation. Its easily the most fucked up episode of the show

^^^^^Trigger warning

Already posted the link

I had a moment of reflection.

I would rather buy a Vita instead of a n3ds. I already own a 3DS and it works just fine.

The Vitality of the Vita is growing!
It's actually a legit console now with a lot of good games, my recommendation and love for it is no longer somewhat ironic.

Shh! Stop telling everyone! No one can know my secret.

One day I'll thwart your plot for thread supremacy!

semisonic

Banned
There's no way around that if you hang around us. You're creeping them out just by being here.

I'm starting to think that Xiraiya is secretly Liam, which is why he's always so disappointed whenever he comes by.
This probably would make Beloved Woolie
Liam x Woolie OTP confirmed

Jman014

How did they botch that live RAW show from WWE HQ?
The interview with Daniel Bryan finished and they didn't cut the audio or video so you saw him and everyone else in the room talking about random bullshit

Top Bottom