• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

That's unfortunate for her.

YEAH IT IS!
frgqQ3Z.gif

Fuck cheaters.

croten

Eh, I'm not as nice of a person as you are.

Bleh dry wine is the worst.

I'm hardly a nice person. I just don't get how other people being miserable should make me happy at all. She cheated on you which is bad, but to me that would mean that she doesn't exist anymore. I want to focus on my happiness or the happiness of others around me but people who have wronged me mean nothing any longer.

Zenfalcia

We interrupt your regularly scheduled shit posting to inform you that Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is now up on Amazon.

Yay, please get excite for Dengeki Bunko FNF.
Well I for one wasn't expecting such a deep deconstruction of the reviewing genre. It was almost like Eva in a way, you definitely get much more out of it on a second viewing.

it's quite a feat really. If you watch it enough, the bread review will become a beer review.

Xiraiya

But incredibly fortunate for me.
G3oHEo.gif

I don't see how that makes any tangible difference to you, she may have done an incredibly shitty thing to you which makes her sound questionable enough but I don't think any woman deserves to be in that situation, even if their poor decision making lead to it.
I think that's a bit sad to be honest.

semisonic

Banned
I'm hardly a nice person. I just don't get how other people being miserable should make me happy at all. She cheated on you which is bad, but to me that would mean that she doesn't exist anymore. I want to focus on my happiness or the happiness of others around me but people who have wronged me mean nothing any longer.

+1
Croten, you're alright.

Agreed

G3oHEo.gif

I don't see how that makes any tangible difference to you, she may have done an incredibly shitty thing to you which makes her sound questionable enough but I don't think any woman deserves to be in that situation, even if their poor decision making lead to it.
Because it fucking pissed me off that she did that and nothing happened, and something finally happened. Now I can call it even and be done with it.
Stop, wine-ing about it. It's not that bad.
Okay, i'll stop.
Okay mister, I'm taking away your pun privileges.

O jeeze.

Broteam is being a shit again

The Angry Joe thing? Yeah, watched some of Broteam's videos. Fuck that guy.

Normally I'd agree, but cheaters are some of the worst scum on the earth. Nobody deserves bad things to happen to them, not even cheaters, but I feel no problem with being happy when they do.

Xiraiya

Because it fucking pissed me off that she did that and nothing happened, and something finally happened. Now I can call it even and be done with it.

No, that's not "even", your life isn't forever changed, you'll get over it and find another person to be happy with, a baby is a permanent life altering thing on an entirely different level to some hurt feelings and a bad experience.

D-Pad's alright, but the X,O,△, and ⬜ buttons are terrible. I tried to play MMX4 on my vita and it was awful.
First of all, bonus points for having the symbols. Second, I dunno, I played a good amount of Muramasa and Dustforce and haven't minded them. If I put enough time in, especially in one sitting, I'm sure it'll start being worse though. I'm mainly scared of beating in my buttons.

No, that's not "even", your life isn't forever changed, you'll get over it and find another person to be happy with, a baby is a permanent life altering thing on an entirely different level to some hurt feelings and a bad experience.

Good lord you're making me feel shitty..how are you making me feel shitty?

While certainly not on the same level, being cheated on isn't something you ever fully get over. It's a lifelong pain that will forever hurt your ability to trust someone ever again.

croten

The Angry Joe thing? Yeah, watched some of Broteam's videos. Fuck that guy.

Normally I'd agree, but cheaters are some of the worst scum on the earth. Nobody deserves bad things to happen to them, not even cheaters, but I feel no problem with being happy when they do.

I agree with your standing on cheating completely, I think cheating is one of the worst things a human being has the ability to do but even though I've been cheated on I wouldn't feel happy if I found out something bad happened to her. After all at one point I had feelings for her. That part of me would feel some sort of guilt.

Xiraiya

Look, I get the appeal of seeing someone who wronged you go through shit, but you can't be defined or ruled by that kind of thing, that's how people end up being even worse people than those who hurt them.
All I'm saying is look at the bigger picture here.

Don't feel bad. People who betray the trust of the person they're in a relationship with are the scum of the earth. I feel absolutely no pity for people who do that.
When you become an adult maybe you'll understand a little... just maybe.

Look, I get the appeal of seeing someone who wronged you go through shit, but you can't be defined or ruled by that kind of thing, that's how people end up being even worse people than those who hurt them.

Nah, fuck that shit. Have fun and laugh at the villain.

First of all, bonus points for having the symbols. Second, I dunno, I played a good amount of Muramasa and Dustforce and haven't minded them. If I put enough time in, especially in one sitting, I'm sure it'll start being worse though. I'm mainly scared of beating in my buttons.

Maybe I'm just not used to it. The only games I played before MMX4 on vita were JRPGs and Danganronpa.
I wish they were like the DS Lite's buttons

Either that or the dualshock ones. Those feel super good.

semisonic

Banned

On one level, it's just a feeling. It's not like you caused the situation.
But her life might be ruined. Even if she is a cheater, should she pay for it for the rest of her life?
This goes beyond just desserts. Though the problem does stem from her mistakes, it's also she who has to bear the consequences.
While you certainly have no obligation to help her out, there's nothing to be gained by laughing at her misfortune. It's just... tragic.

Beloved

I concur with this.

Too many people use their bad experiences as an excuse to "pay it forward" but in bad ways.

Everyone's a villain in someone else's story, doesn't mean they deserve to have terrible or unfortunate things happen to them.

However, if they are your "villain", then by all means cut them out of your life and move on because ain't nobody got time for that.

All that you should take away from this is two wrongs don't make a right.

Even if they're a terrible person, it takes a lot for me to actively wish misfortune on somebody, and even then it's only to prevent further crime/whatever.

When you become an adult maybe you'll understand a little... just maybe.

On one level, it's just a feeling. It's not like you caused the situation.
But her life might be ruined. Even if she is a cheater, should she pay for it for the rest of her life?
This goes beyond just desserts. Though the problem does stem from her mistakes, it's also she who has to bear the consequences.
While you certainly have no obligation to help her out, there's nothing to be gained by laughing at her misfortune. It's just... tragic.

All that you should take away from this is two wrongs don't make a right.

Even if they're a terrible person, it takes a lot for me to actively wish misfortune on somebody, and even then it's only to prevent further crime/whatever.

You guys are right.

I'm wrong.
Drop it.

I'm sorry Aaron, for whoever hurt you to such an extreme degree that caused you to into the overcompensating attention seeker that you feel the need to be.

Ha. You know literally nothing about me as a person and are making all these assumptions. Who's the immature one here? Grow up, Xir.

Top Bottom